THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Survey time

The Gipper

Here are some survey questions. Some about the Super Bowl. What are your opinions:

1. What are the BEST 5 teams to ever win the Super Bowl?

2. Which Super Bowl QB would you have best like to have seen play for the Browns?

3. Here is an opinion....react:

A. I like Tom Brady...and he is in the team picture for the GOAT,.....but;

B. Tom Brady is a cheater

C. Tom Brady is a liar

D. Tom Brady...had his case been of a criminal nature would have been charged with obstruction of justice for destroying his phone that contained "incriminating" evidence.

E. Tom Brady's Dad is being farcical by questioning Roger Goodell's ethics, because HE is the one that raised a cheater and a liar.

F. Tom Brady, though, was the fall guy for Bill Belichick and the Patriot's organization who were the real cheaters and liars.

4. Who would win between the 2008 winless Detroit Lions and the 2016 Browns?

5. What is the worse trade: The Browns trading Paul Warfield for the rights to pick Mike Phipps....or the Browns trading the rights to pick Julio Jones for the right to pick Phil Taylor?

Or...if you have a worse trade in Browns history, say so.

Here are some survey questions. Some about the Super Bowl. What are your opinions:

Chicago Bears 1985- best team for one single season, ever (to me anyhow)

Miami Dolphins 1972

Dallas Cowboys 1992

St. Louis Rams 1999

Squealers 1974

2. Which Super Bowl QB would you have best like to have seen play for the Browns?

Steve Young

C. Tom Brady is a liar

D. Tom Brady...had his case been of a criminal nature would have been charged with obstruction of justice for destroying his phone that contained "incriminating" evidence.

E. Tom Brady's Dad is being farcical by questioning Roger Goodell's ethics, because HE is the one that raised a cheater and a liar.

F. Tom Brady, though, was the fall guy for Bill Belichick and the Patriot's organization who were the real cheaters and liars.

Tom Brady is indeed a liar. Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, and other QBs said all QBs want a certain feel for the ball. He lied...but it doesn't diminish his greatness to me. I'm not a fan of his or the Patriots, but the player is fantastic.

Browns, if they played early in the season, or very late. Lions win in weeks 6-14.

5. What is the worse trade: The Browns trading Paul Warfield for the rights to pick Mike Phipps....or the Browns trading the rights to pick Julio Jones for the right to pick Phil Taylor?

Or...if you have a worse trade in Browns history, say so...the only other trade that really was stupid (player for player) was Mike Oliphant for Earnest Byner.

1972 Dolphins are in the mix (though I do not think they are the very best team even though they were the only undefeated. 1985 Bears 1 loss, 1984 49ers...1 loss. 1991 Redskins...1 loss. 1976 Raiders...1 loss. Extra: 1978 Steelers.

I am going with the guy the Browns SHOULD have gotten in the 2005 draft: Aaron Rodgers.

In 2004 the Browns had the failed Jeff Garcia experience. They needed a QB. They had the #3 pick. Rodgers was there to be had. They could have had him. But they didn't take him. Instead, they drafted Charlie Frye in round 3. The next year they decided to go with the Trent Dilfer failed experience. Failure after failure after failure.

C. Tom Brady is a liar

Yep, that is pretty much my opinion.

The Browns, probably pretty easily.

Yea, the Warfield deal was pretty much the worst.

Of course, also going back in time, the Browns also trade away HOF Doug Atkins, and they traded away half the players that became the Packers HOF D Line: Willie Davis and Henry Jordan. Perhaps...just maybe, if those guys had been kept by the Browns, they, and not the Packers would have been the predominant team of the 1960s. Speculative, but not far fetched.

72 Dolphins

85 Bears

84 49ers

91 Redskins

89 49ers

He actually did play for the Browns ... Lenny Dawson

ec45258bb6d59f20a502caa0f95c0a47.jpg

C. Tom Brady is a liar

None of the Above. He is in the GOAT picture and I have no concern over any "cheating" by him or the organization.

Browns would drub them.

Warfield for Phipps.

The Jones trade was probably a worse value, but it just prevented us from improving, while the Phipps trade actually set the team back.

None of the Above. He is in the GOAT picture and I have no concern over any "cheating" by him or the organization.

I am not sure what you mean by "none of the above"? Do yo mean you think that none of the statements are true, or that you have no concerns even if they are true. I don't really have any concerns about it really. I am just of the opinion that the Pats and Brady did cheat when they didn't ever have to. They were good enough not to.

I am not sure what you mean by "none of the above"? Do yo mean you think that none of the statements are true, or that you have no concerns even if they are true. I don't really have any concerns about it really. I am just of the opinion that the Pats and Brady did cheat when they didn't ever have to. They were good enough not to.

My Answer would be A, without the "but"

The opinions in items B through F I have no concern about.

Zombo

OK, fair enough (though only about 50% of that is opinion...the rest are facts)

You asked us to react to your opinion, and then you listed a bunch of things.

What is the exercise, to tell you what we think of your opinion?

Now you are telling me that half of it is not opinion, it is fact ... so you want us to react to fact?

I don't know what is going on here with this survey question, but, yes, I feel that Tom Brady is one of the Greatest of All time, and any talk, or facts, of cheating or lying by him or the organization is inconsequential to me regarding how I perceive him and his team.

Zombo

1. '85 Bears - THE All-time D
  2. '84 49ers - most balanced SB Champ
  3. '87 'Skins - most underrated champ
  4. '93 'Boys - the Triplets arrive
  5. '75 Steelers - had to get one in here

Montana... smart, tough, likable... he'd have fit right in.

A. I like Tom Brady...and he is in the team picture for the GOAT,.....no ifs, ands or buts...

I like our chances...

5. What is the worse trade: The Browns trading Paul Warfield for the rights to pick Mike Phipps....or the Browns trading the rights to pick Julio Jones for the right to pick Phil Taylor? Or...if you have a worse trade in Browns history, say so.

People often forget that the Warfield trade was one of two coincidental moves. The "other trade", the trade for Homer Jones, was worse than the Warfield trade, which I hated.

Phipps did not work out, but he was the shiznit QB in that upcoming draft. After learning from the bench his first two years he struggled, but played 4 years before being traded to the Bears after Sipe rendered him expendable.

Homer Jones was a fast WR with a limited route tree and bad hands. Homer last one season catching only 10 passes. We gave up:

• Jim Kanicki, a fixture at DT for us for 6 or so good seasons, and
  • Ron Johnson, a promising, young RB. Johnson sandwiched two 1000+ yard seasons (back when 1000 meant more) around an injury shortened one. He fell just shy of a 3rd 1000, before injuries starting mounting up and shortened his career. Johnson was also a fine receiving RB.

You asked us to react to your opinion, and then you listed a bunch of things.

What is the exercise, to tell you what we think of your opinion? Yes, more or less.

Now you are telling me that half of it is not opinion, it is fact ... so you want us to react to fact?

I guess I did mistype. Yes, it was partial fact, partial opinon. That is pretty much what every post on this board is, fair to say.

I don't know what is going on here with this survey question, but, yes, I feel that Tom Brady is one of the Greatest of All time, and any talk, or facts, of cheating or lying by him or the organization is inconsequential to me regarding how I perceive him and his team.

FAir enough

Zombo

Homer Jones was a fast WR with a limited route tree and bad hands. Homer last one season catching only 10 passes. We gave up:

• Jim Kanicki, a fixture at DT for us for 6 or so good seasons, and
  • Ron Johnson, a promising, young RB. Johnson sandwiched two 1000+ yard seasons (back when 1000 meant more) around an injury shortened one. He fell just shy of a 3rd 1000, before injuries starting mounting up and shortened his career. Johnson was also a fine receiving RB.

Nice recollection. Definitely something I had forgot about. I remembered getting rid of Kanicki and Johnson, but I didn't recall for what.

But all of us of a certain age remember Homer's one big night for us... the inaugural MNF broadcast vs. Joe Willie and the Jets.

Gib... that brought a smile.

He lived a couple blocks from my childhood home. His son was a year behind me in school IIRC. He wore glasses just like his Dad's... but then in those days black horn-rims were about all you could get.

Was it Gib who always signed off saying "Take good care of the babies"?

Gib... that brought a smile.

He lived a couple blocks from my childhood home. His son was a year behind me in school IIRC. He wore glasses just like his Dad's... but then in those days black horn-rims were about all you could get.

Was it Gib who always signed off saying "Take good care of the babies"?

I don't recall that sign off.

Archived