THE BROWNS BOARD

Rate the speech.

Erie Dawg

Since I have only really seen or remember Inaugural speeches since Regan's first term I was curious how the rest of you rate his speech. If you disliked it, fine what parts.

It was short, blunt, to the point. I also don't feel it was partisan one way or the other. Some one compared Obama's speech to a foofy Pina colada that was long and drawn out, to Trump's being a shot of whiskey short and to the point.

When I see this rhetoric set in motion, I'll rate it then. In the meantime, I wish him good health, safety and God given discernment and wisdom.

wasn't "rhetoric" Marcus. Trump isn't a fake, full of nonsense snide quips that he

never really meant.

Trump really is who he is. And really, what he said, has been on the hearts and minds of many,

many people, millions and millions, in this country.

No, he didn't make history by being black or hispanic or gay or transpervert or female....but he's the first

worked kick ass hard all his life and is a big success in the private sector non-politician.

My opinion, that was the greatest inaugural speech ever. And his criticism was aimed at both parties, and rightly so.

Not just politically expedient jabs at one party like the one who I hope we don't have to mention ever again.

wasn't "rhetoric" Marcus. Trump isn't a fake, full of nonsense snide quips that he

never really meant.

Trump really is who he is. And really, what he said, has been on the hearts and minds of many,

many people, millions and millions, in this country.

No, he didn't make history by being black or hispanic or gay or transpervert or female....but he's the first

worked kick ass hard all his life and is a big success in the private sector non-politician.

My opinion, that was the greatest inaugural speech ever. And his criticism was aimed at both parties, and rightly so.

Not just politically expedient jabs at one party like the one who I hope we don't have to mention ever again.

I think my thoughts were objective and open minded. Not saying it was terrible nor did it offend me. Quite the opposite but all words are validated by the actions that follow was my point.

I didn't vote for Trump nor Hillary. I think you mistake me for a staunch liberal. That's not true Since I'm younger than some of you I'm starting to see the importance of the fundamentals of liberty and unity and beginning to define what they mean to me. If you were moved by it and are all in that's your right. But as someone that has proudly served my country and now serve a specific community; I reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic.

They were. I was reading between the lines, my bad. I remember JFK's speech,

Reagan's...

This one moved me. Of course, we'll see how it comes to fruition or not. I thought

Bush would put a whomp on illegal immigration. But it was politically expedient to

not make it an issue. I hate that. And I criticized Bush for it often.

I was moved by Trump's speech - because what he said is exactly what

America needed to finally hear. The question remains is he finally the guy who

means kickass business to solve the problems we face. It will take someone

not ingrained in the status quo of politics as they always are. That is why

Trump won.

I hope that Trump is a guy who is able to get things done by hook or by crook. Steve Jobs once said this about Obama

"The president is very smart. But he kept explaining to us reasons why things can't get done.It infuriates me."

That's the essence of Obama in a nutshell. I keep hearing liberals claim he was the greatest president of all time and I scoff. The greatest president of all time would have found a way to get things done no matter how much obstructionism he faced. Jobs himself was well known for forcing what were thought of as impossible tasks to get done through sheer force of will, and the ability to buy, bribe, cajole or bully people into doing what he demanded of them. They loved him or they hated him but they did as he asked of them. Obama was a spinless jellyfish that made excuses why he couldn't fulfill his lofty promises. Worse, he put in a half assed effort and called it good.

Archived