THE BROWNS BOARD

LaPorta Up

Beanpot

And they'll sit him. JK

Honestly, I wouldn't really be surprised. I'm optimistic that since we only have 2 true outfielders (Sizemore, Choo) on the big league roster, Marte not showing anything, and Hafner not playing every day...there will have to be at bats for him at one of the corners, and 1st base, and DH. If I see one game with Gimenez or Carroll in the outfield with LaPorta on the bench, I might scream.

(edit) I just read that Carroll is starting in Left tonight. I'll let it slide for this one game...but next time...scream.

Not a bad re-debut. Masterson looked good too. Hopefully we get to see more of these exciting players and less of the guys like Marte and Gimenez. I want to see some Carrasco and Rondon, and some regular ABs for LaPorta (1B/LF/DH) and Brantley (LF/CF). And a lot less Ohka and Wood.

Not a bad re-debut. Masterson looked good too. Hopefully we get to see more of these exciting players and less of the guys like Marte and Gimenez. I want to see some Carrasco and Rondon, and some regular ABs for LaPorta (1B/LF/DH) and Brantley (LF/CF). And a lot less Ohka and Wood.

Agreed, Sipps 1 out bases loaded door slammer was also great to see, the kids really starting to pitch with confidence.

Yep, I think it's hard to find someone who doesn't love Sipp on this site.

And LaPorta is back in left tonight. Two straight games!

Sipp is growing on me.

And LaPorta is playing 2 straight games??? Is someone else managing the game tonight??? That doesn't sound like something Wedge would do. :lol:

Well he hasn't homered yet, but in the 5 games he's been up....he's at 15 ABs, with 5 hits, 3 doubles, 4 runs and 4 RBI...and a couple nice grabs in Left. Not bad at all, wouldn't mind seeing him climb a bit in the lineup though.

One thing that's stood out....he's aggressive and doesn't give up. Down in the count 0-2 today and hits a solo shot for a 4-2 lead in the 6th inning. Seems like most of his hits are coming out of 0-2 or 1-2 counts.

He keeps his hit streak going and adds another double (that's 5 in 7 games). He's even been pretty solid in left. Can't wait to see a full season of this guy.

• 1 month later...

Outside of deep only leagues, prospects dont tend to make enough of a difference to drop a guy like Ross with guaranteed at bats and at least a bit of a major league track record that suggests he will be valuable.

Guys like Braun are the exception... look at Travis Snider. Not that LaPorta is either of those guys, but the high K is a fairly good indicator that hes going to struggle against anyone with a decent breaking ball.

• 1 month later...

Archived