THE BROWNS BOARD

website - Is it staying open?

LBC mike

I take it the site is going to remain open! Donations?

Yes, me and the Administrator talked about it. The monthly cost is variable, depending on how much bandwidth we use. It can run as high as a couple hundred a month. So do the math.

Yes, me and the Administrator talked about it. The monthly cost is variable, depending on how much bandwidth we use. It can run as high as a couple hundred a month. So do the math.

No more picture threads!! And if we keep losing we can get it down to a Tenner

I take it the site is going to remain open! Donations?

Yes the forum will remain open.

We appreciate the feedback we received and it was a pleasure hearing stories of what this site meant to many. Although it has been operating in the red for some time now (many years), we felt there was more than enough interest to find ways to continue and for all to take ownership in its upkeep.

Thank-you to those donations that we have received to-date and the few I HATE THE STEELER T-shirts purchased from the Home page (www.TheBrownsBoard.com), in which all proceeds go toward the upkeep of the forum as well.

Ways to contribute:

• DONATION - there is a Paypal link near the top of the Home page (www.TheBrownsBoard.com)
  • T-SHIRT SALES - About 50% of the proceeds from the I HATE THE STEELERS T-shirts go directly toward the up-keep of this forum. These shirts are an iconic garment worn by our famous Tailgate President (Roachmstr) since dating back to the old Browns Pre-expansion era. Believe me, these shirts, although simple, are attention whores.
  • MERCHANDISE SALES - Between 6% -12% of the proceeds from the Affiliate Links below & on the Home page also helps fund this forum, below is a list of some of these affiliates which we have partnered with, the links are specially coded for us to receive credit for the sale:
    • Shop.ClevelandBrowns.com (10% per sale, Browns Gear)
    • NBA Store (6% per sale, NBA Gear)
    • Fanatics.com (10% per sale, Most All Pro Sports Teams Gear, including all Cleveland Sports Teams)
    • FansEdge (10% per sale, Most All Pro Sports Teams, including all Cleveland Sports Teams)
    • Prep Sportswear (12% per sale - All School Gear, From all Elementary and Middle School to High School & College Gear)

Why haven't we heard of these links or donation options before? We did not need to advertise how the site was being funded from about 2003 until about 2013. Back in 2007 even though the site was costing us about 62% more in bandwidth fees than it is today, the Browns went 10-6 that year and there were plenty of player jersey's that were in high demand (from Braylon Edwards to Jurevicius, Winslow, to Joe Thomas and Josh Cribbs, Derek Anderson, and Brady Quinn were even fan favorites). Unbeknowest to most of you and maybe even our moderation team here, we also had spin-off affiliate sites, such as JoshCribbsJersey.com or BradyQuinnJerseys.com inwhich all proceeds from those sites funded this forum. We even had a BrownsKids fan site, selling youth gear. But with the continued spiraling downward of the team play on the field, these outlets spiraled out of existence as well, leaving us just the expense of the forum and no (I mean. absolutely no) generated sales.

How much does it cost to operate this site? It varies. for years the forum package was costing us $180/month ($2,160/yr.) but that figure was easier to manage because we were off-setting the costs by selling merchandise through affiliate marketing off the Home page of the website (as described above). However these past three seasons (if not longer) have been much more of a burden as NO ONE is buying Jerseys and Browns merchandise from the links. Here is a break-down of our cost the past three years:

• $47.49/month for 3 months = $142.47
  • $72.50/month for 9 months = $652.50
  • $47.50/month for 3 months = $142.50
  • $120.00/month for 17 months = $2,040.00
  • $45.00/month for 3 months = $135.00
  • $120.00/month for 3 months = $360.00
  • $45.00/month for 9 months = $405.00
  • ========================
  • Total since January 2013 = $3,877.47

Plus Domain renewals for TheBrownsBoard.com & BrownsBoard.com (approx. $90.00 totaol during the same three year period).

Totals $3,967.47 over the past 3 seasons (which equates to $1,333/season, or $111/month)

We went out and purchased (60) I HATE THE STEELER T-Shirts to sell as profit in order to off-set the lack of jersey sales. Well even that backfired on us as although we have sold-out of some sizes (Medium & large), we still have about half left, which is where our projected profit is.

BOTTOMLINE: I'm trying to be transparent with you all. I have a nagging wife and five dumbass kids (although four are "mostly" adults now between 22-25 and I have one last brat in high school, a girl that is more expensive than the others combined). I got tired of hearing the nagging wife bring up the expenses monthly. We own a small business and when a service we offer is in the red for this same amount of time, we discontinue that service, cut our losses and move on. That was behind my decision to close the forum .. AND NOT out of "spite" like many came to the conclusion of here on Sunday.

This is the last you will here about any of this from me. I am not even asking for donations. I would be happier that if you are ever going to buy NFL, MLB, NBA or hell even NFL or NASCAR gear, please use the affiliate links on the Home Page. The sale items are directly in-line, if not cheaper, than most other outlets or retail stores and include free shipping most of the time. Buy a fucking I HATE THE STEELER shirt, and help advertise the site from the print on the back of the shirt. We even carry plenty of BIG BOY shirts in the 3X & 4X sizes.

P.S.:

What Do We Get For Our Donation or Affiliate Purchase?: You get to continue to use the forum. Please don't plunk down $20 and think you own the place. I don't want to hear about some gay bells-n-whistles that you want installed here. This place is the corner bar that sells beer and liquor. If you want to play Keno, desire Karaoke on friday nights or want an umbrella in your drink, go somewhere else.

Thanks all, we have some great folks here. Zombo has done a terrific job running the joint and setting the tone here through all these very thin years. The dude is the MVP of Browns fandom everywhere. Hats off to the rest of the Moderation team. Although I receive all kinds of hate mail directed at them, I've ignored every piece of mail and have great faith in these guys to run this place properly, and greet every Steeler fem like they have a disease. Thanks to the Mods, this place doesn't exist without them!

My favorite post of all time from Stan was 1 he had written after week 1 of the 2007 season when Charlie Frye got traded to Seattle When he said he would love to been a fly on the wall for that phone call, That is when I signed up. I was Brennan's bunch back then. Glad to have been a part of this board. GO BROWNS.

Yes the forum will remain open.

We appreciate the feedback we received and it was a pleasure hearing stories of what this site meant to many. Although it has been operating in the red for some time now (many years), we felt there was more than enough interest to find ways to continue and for all to take ownership in its upkeep.

Thank-you to those donations that we have received to-date and the few I HATE THE STEELER T-shirts purchased from the Home page (www.TheBrownsBoard.com), in which all proceeds go toward the upkeep of the forum as well.

Ways to contribute:

• DONATION - there is a Paypal link near the top of the Home page (www.TheBrownsBoard.com)
  • T-SHIRT SALES - About 50% of the proceeds from the I HATE THE STEELERS T-shirts go directly toward the up-keep of this forum. These shirts are an iconic garment worn by our famous Tailgate President (Roachmstr) since dating back to the old Browns Pre-expansion era. Believe me, these shirts, although simple, are attention whores.
  • MERCHANDISE SALES - Between 6% -12% of the proceeds from the Affiliate Links below & on the Home page also helps fund this forum, below is a list of some of these affiliates which we have partnered with, the links are specially coded for us to receive credit for the sale:
  • Shop.ClevelandBrowns.com (10% per sale, Browns Gear)
  • NBA Store (6% per sale, NBA Gear)
  • Fanatics.com (10% per sale, Most All Pro Sports Teams Gear, including all Cleveland Sports Teams)
  • FansEdge (10% per sale, Most All Pro Sports Teams, including all Cleveland Sports Teams)
  • Prep Sportswear (12% per sale - All School Gear, From all Elementary and Middle School to High School & College Gear)

Why haven't we heard of these links or donation options before? We did not need to advertise how the site was being funded from about 2003 until about 2013. Back in 2007 even though the site was costing us about 62% more in bandwidth fees than it is today, the Browns went 10-6 that year and there were plenty of player jersey's that were in high demand (from Braylon Edwards to Jurevicius, Winslow, to Joe Thomas and Josh Cribbs, Derek Anderson, and Brady Quinn were even fan favorites). Unbeknowest to most of you and maybe even our moderation team here, we also had spin-off affiliate sites, such as JoshCribbsJersey.com or BradyQuinnJerseys.com inwhich all proceeds from those sites funded this forum. We even had a BrownsKids fan site, selling youth gear. But with the continued spiraling downward of the team play on the field, these outlets spiraled out of existence as well, leaving us just the expense of the forum and no (I mean. absolutely no) generated sales.

How much does it cost to operate this site? It varies. for years the forum package was costing us $180/month ($2,160/yr.) but that figure was easier to manage because we were off-setting the costs by selling merchandise through affiliate marketing off the Home page of the website (as described above). However these past three seasons (if not longer) have been much more of a burden as NO ONE is buying Jerseys and Browns merchandise from the links. Here is a break-down of our cost the past three years:

• $47.49/month for 3 months = $142.47
  • $72.50/month for 9 months = $652.50
  • $47.50/month for 3 months = $142.50
  • $120.00/month for 17 months = $2,040.00
  • $45.00/month for 3 months = $135.00
  • $120.00/month for 3 months = $360.00
  • $45.00/month for 9 months = $405.00
  • ========================
  • Total since January 2013 = $3,877.47
Plus Domain renewals for TheBrownsBoard.com & BrownsBoard.com (approx. $90.00 totaol during the same three year period).

Totals $3,967.47 over the past 3 seasons (which equates to $1,333/season, or $111/month)

We went out and purchased (60) I HATE THE STEELER T-Shirts to sell as profit in order to off-set the lack of jersey sales. Well even that backfired on us as although we have sold-out of some sizes (Medium & large), we still have about half left, which is where our projected profit is.

BOTTOMLINE: I'm trying to be transparent with you all. I have a nagging wife and five dumbass kids (although four are "mostly" adults now between 22-25 and I have one last brat in high school, a girl that is more expensive than the others combined). I got tired of hearing the nagging wife bring up the expenses monthly. We own a small business and when a service we offer is in the red for this same amount of time, we discontinue that service, cut our losses and move on. That was behind my decision to close the forum .. AND NOT out of "spite" like many came to the conclusion of here on Sunday.

This is the last you will here about any of this from me. I am not even asking for donations. I would be happier that if you are ever going to buy NFL, MLB, NBA or hell even NFL or NASCAR gear, please use the affiliate links on the Home Page. The sale items are directly in-line, if not cheaper, than most other outlets or retail stores and include free shipping most of the time. Buy a fucking I HATE THE STEELER shirt, and help advertise the site from the print on the back of the shirt. We even carry plenty of BIG BOY shirts in the 3X & 4X sizes.

P.S.:

What Do We Get For Our Donation or Affiliate Purchase?: You get to continue to use the forum. Please don't plunk down $20 and think you own the place. I don't want to hear about some gay bells-n-whistles that you want installed here. This place is the corner bar that sells beer and liquor. If you want to play Keno, desire Karaoke on friday nights or want an umbrella in your drink, go somewhere else.

Thanks all, we have some great folks here. Zombo has done a terrific job running the joint and setting the tone here through all these very thin years. The dude is the MVP of Browns fandom everywhere. Hats off to the rest of the Moderation team. Although I receive all kinds of hate mail directed at them, I've ignored every piece of mail and have great faith in these guys to run this place properly, and greet every Steeler fem like they have a disease. Thanks to the Mods, this place doesn't exist without them!

You shared way too much information with these fuckers. Gonna get all warm and fuzzy. The next thing you know the Quinn Fags will be back, Shep will be wearing mz the pussy's bloody cardigan around his neck comparing Trubinski to Aaron Rodgers.

Oh wait, somebody already did that.

Z

admin,

Thanks for sharing... If it helps, I could take "the nag" off your hands a couple weekends a year... and that's on top of my pledge... I think.

And for those on the fence I can testify that the "I Hate..." tees produce at least one win and a .500 record.

crap. depends on bandwith?

as in, we should stop with video and picture links?

Who is the idiot that has been doing that...

wait....

"never mind"

I'm glad its staying open. And believe it or not I didn't know about yhe affiliates. But I will use them now. I need more Browns gear. I'm hoping Kessler can stay relevant. Then Bakersfield will show the Browns more love.

I never visit the home page, and I imagine I'm not the only one. Maybe get a thread stickied on here labeled Donate

You are not alone...

I visit the home page every time I visit this site. It is what I have booked marked. Then I click on the forums tab

I bought my whole family those t shirts years ago. My oldest son even sported it when he was in Antarctica.

I just donated too. Probably on the cheap side, but the Steelers win got me grouchy lol.

Hello Gents,

First time I posted here in a while. How are my old peeps doing?

I would like to see the numbers first, but I would be happy to host this on my server for free. This could be cleaned up A LOT using a leaner version.

Let me know.

Peace.

• 4 weeks later...

The T-shirt works.

Look at the tail these two ugly fuckers scored in Tampa:...https:/......3

Amazing how they could photoshop the girls into that picture :lol:

Oh I deleted the picture to save some bandwidth ;)

Being a relatively new member here I appreciate the information on the site. Thanks, mjp

Archived