THE BROWNS BOARD

Cal, where are you going to go cry about liberals once this place closes?

Clevfan4life

Happy Wife, Happy Life - she will be happy. lol

I have to get ready for us to design our garden and fields for next spring.

Happy New Year !!! WE SAVED AMERICA !

Happy Wife, Happy Life - she will be happy. lol

I have to get ready for us to design our garden and fields for next spring.

Happy New Year !!! WE SAVED AMERICA !

from what?

It honestly looks like their political forum over there could use an injection of regular posters. Its nowhere near as prolific as ours is

They couldn't handle the rogues gallery here that call the Political Board home. We'd all be mod-banned within a few months.

They ban people very easily over there. The core group of members there used to be members here years ago, until they tried to dictate to stan how to run his board and went behind his back PM'ing members of this board to recruit people for that board. I would never even attempt to join it under another name.

Hard to imagine signing up over there. I really have nothing against those guys it just seems like the moderators are pretty full of themselves and love micromanaging everybody from the once or twice I have stopped by, but that's been years ago.

As I recall there was some kind of bug over top of the messages that he had to sign in to get rid of, but I never did join.

WSS

Actually I'm a moderator and haven't heard a thing.

WSS

Activity in regards to small merchandise sales that use to help fund this place dried up years ago. I mean, I don't even believe a Browns stocking cap was purchased in several years. That left this place showing red for awhile. We waited just as you all did, for things to turn around.

This season, we went out and invested in having (60) I HATE THE STEELER shirts made, in hopes to off-set the costs with their sales. I guess we under-estimated that 90% of the folks who now use this forum have no clue where that iconic shirt idea came from (ED, the longtime member of this group/forum, tailgate cooking shirt - snow, rain or sunshine). So, now we only added to the expenses.

I'm not hurting for money, in fact, I'm as financially comfortable as at any time in my 49.5 years on earth. That is not the point. With no interest in merchandise, we weighed that against not so much interest in this forum and entertained the idea of shutting things down.

Guys like Hoorta took shots at my frequent Vegas trips and called for me to un-facebook friend him ... some greeting for the 13 years I did fund this place, and the 20 years we've rubbed elbows on a Browns internet Message Board. He then followed that post with a link to BarkingTard (good grief). CalFox called out the forums mechanics, another stellar Thank-you for long time service. Others cracked about how they could easily donate money .... yeah, sure (temp fix).

The post/thought was removed. I don't think there is a way to bring up the financials of this place without taking a beating and looking like a beggar, so we will just move-on business as usual, privately. I'm sure the thought has already gotten the ball rolling for others to create a new place and recruiting is already taking place behind-the-scenes, been-there & weathered-that.

Your a longtimer Bear, this place was built for you, me, and a dwindling group of others (RIP to some). I've stuck it out to create a home for others like the group we assembled from/into from the 1990/s. If the interest is still there, we will continue to provide, but I don't think that it was too much to ask for a sound-check at this horrible time in franchise history.

We're going to make some changes, but the forum will remain. Let the snide remarks continue! Cheers!

Never even checked out Brady Quinn Homo Fan club never will. I wish Stan would still post here, I still remember reading Zombo's post back in the day that read "Skippy went and offed himself" And IMO this p[lace was never the same. I for 1 am some of the "goofs" are gone I will not even bother saying any of their names But I can't understand people crying to Stan or any of the mods over what somebody said. BUT THE BROWNS BOARD WILL NEVER DIE I hope

Activity in regards to small merchandise sales that use to help fund this place dried up years ago. I mean, I don't even believe a Browns stocking cap was purchased in several years. That left this place showing red for awhile. We waited just as you all did, for things to turn around.

This season, we went out and invested in having (60) I HATE THE STEELER shirts made, in hopes to off-set the costs with their sales. I guess we under-estimated that 90% of the folks who now use this forum have no clue where that iconic shirt idea came from (ED, the longtime member of this group/forum, tailgate cooking shirt - snow, rain or sunshine). So, now we only added to the expenses.

I'm not hurting for money, in fact, I'm as financially comfortable as at any time in my 49.5 years on earth. That is not the point. With no interest in merchandise, we weighed that against not so much interest in this forum and entertained the idea of shutting things down.

Guys like Hoorta took shots at my frequent Vegas trips and called for me to un-facebook friend him ... some greeting for the 13 years I did fund this place, and the 20 years we've rubbed elbows on a Browns internet Message Board. He then followed that post with a link to BarkingTard (good grief). CalFox called out the forums mechanics, another stellar Thank-you for long time service. Others cracked about how they could easily donate money .... yeah, sure (temp fix).

The post/thought was removed. I don't think there is a way to bring up the financials of this place without taking a beating and looking like a beggar, so we will just move-on business as usual, privately. I'm sure the thought has already gotten the ball rolling for others to create a new place and recruiting is already taking place behind-the-scenes, been-there & weathered-that.

Your a longtimer Bear, this place was built for you, me, and a dwindling group of others (RIP to some). I've stuck it out to create a home for others like the group we assembled from/into from the 1990/s. If the interest is still there, we will continue to provide, but I don't think that it was too much to ask for a sound-check at this horrible time in franchise history.

We're going to make some changes, but the forum will remain. Let the snide remarks continue! Cheers!

I'm with you Stan, as I was against mz the pussy, Inspecta (RIP) and the others. Fuck em all.

Never even checked out Brady Quinn Homo Fan club never will. I wish Stan would still post here, I still remember reading Zombo's post back in the day that read "Skippy went and offed himself" And IMO this p[lace was never the same. I for 1 am some of the "goofs" are gone I will not even bother saying any of their names But I can't understand people crying to Stan or any of the mods over what somebody said. BUT THE BROWNS BOARD WILL NEVER DIE I hope

Awesome. One of the main reasons I stopped posting here is because whatever my opinion was it got turned into the sites opinion. If I were for D.Anderson, it was perceived that the forum was for him.

I think I distanced myself away long enough to shed that era.

I had a long talk with Ghoolie today about why we set out to create this forum. I lost some of that drive. I'm much, much, much busier these days, but I'll try to show more effort here.

I'm a software engineer if you need any help with anything in that regards, I practically invented Linux just ask woody

Good to know. I own other business that perhaps we could talk sometime about. We could use some help here on the forum as well. I want to reconfigure some things here behind the scenes that has handcuffed us for some time. We are not ready yet, but let's stay in touch.

now, lookie here, dangit. I just said, that for some reason, I get an "index.php" every time I post for

the last week.

It's true, that is annoying, I keep deleting them. I do think my keyboard mafunctions is my keyboard now.

It has started happening other places. I think I wore the thing out. Maybe typed so fast it overheated and

melted the circuits a bit.

I'm not one of the originals, but I would really miss this place. Been around a long time, and it just seemed

wrong timing when one great draft, and our Browns start to kick ass. Assuming that they get a qb with a qb mind,

to replace rgIII.

It's just that a have a sorts of Browns garb, Stan, and didn't need to buy any more. This place is actually not replaceable.

With arrogant nitwillie Dainty Sheply on barking lard, I think I don't go there. I could change my name, change how I post,

and he'd still boot me off from over there anyways, the first time he fell in Shakespearean love for the prettiest to him

qb in this draft, ad naseum, as in deja vu all over again.

i suppose you could charge us 50 cents a month, 6 bucks a year. 64 of us would make the monthly payments then.

Just seems like this board is too important for future wins to not have it around. The negative wailing is understandable

in the short run, not the long run, as in, next year.

Our tractor is green, dammit. lol

There are surely guys around here that know a ton more about website maintenance than I do.

Good to know. I own other business that perhaps we could talk sometime about. We could use some help here on the forum as well. I want to reconfigure some things here behind the scenes that has handcuffed us for some time. We are not ready yet, but let's stay in touch.

Sounds good ?

well despite the fact that farmer john is a giant nerd, you've got to be heartened to see that there's still a loyal base to this place that can't replace it with some bullshit like the tard or dawgs by nature or some other stupid browns site. I mean, hell, I check the browns side of the board about one in five days but the other parts of the site I check literally every day.

Archived