Sign in to follow this  
Axe

YES!

mjp28    156

my account didn't even come with checks

Many, many years back we needed checks but the wife went this time I gave her the basic information. Well later in the mail we got I think it was 8 boxes.....holy christo we won't use all of that for another decade.

The bank even changed names but still honor our checks for now.

Browns149    254

Many, many years back we needed checks but the wife went this time I gave her the basic information. Well later in the mail we got I think it was 8 boxes.....holy christo we won't use all of that for another decade.

The bank even changed names but still honor our checks for now.

they asked me if I wanted paper checks, as they cost more money, I said no. And I have never had to write a check. It's been 7 years

mjp28    156

they asked me if I wanted paper checks, as they cost more money, I said no. And I have never had to write a check. It's been 7 years

Well we will have checks for a long time maybe 4 boxes left. There are a few situations where checks are good mainly when dealing with tax matters where you need some verifiable proof of payments like charitable donations for example our church among others or places you want to pay someone and don't want to expose your credit card information but that's getting more rare now.

Again that primarily when you itemize deductions and don't or can't use a credit card. (I did taxes for over 30 years on the side pretty much totally retired from all things related to work now. :lol: )

True we are moving toward a cashless society but the occasional checks or that green stuff comes in handy.