THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Free Agents

darren15

And now we know why...

Tony Jefferson: Picked Ravens after trying on uniforms via Madden

"I am a guy of swagger, so I gotta check the swag at all points before I make a decision," Jefferson told NFL.com this week. "I put myself in different uniforms on Madden to see what will look better. Ravens did look good, though."

We now have our 1st Baltiwhore Browns cross dresser

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Browns uniforms do suck badly at this point.

Let's face it. Browns unis need a major, major overhaul. We are one of the few teams that do not need to search very far for throwbacks. Just look in the locker. They look as old as.................................................us. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Quietly signed a couple of our own yesterday...

The Cleveland Browns signed exclusive rights free agent RB George Atkinson IIIicon-article-link.gif and restricted free agent DB Marcus Burleyicon-article-link.gif.

Atkinson appeared in all 16 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Raiders during final roster cuts. He registered his first career rushing attempts during the 2016 season finale and finished with seven carries for 34 yards with one touchdown. For the season, he added six special-teams tackles and eight kickoff returns for 137 yards. Atkinson was originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2014 and has appeared in 21 career games.

Burley appeared in 12 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Seahawks during final roster cuts. He totaled five tackles, one pass defensed and two special-teams tackles. Burley was originally signed by Seattle as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He has appeared in 38 career games and totaled 43 tackles, two interceptions, two sacks and eight passes defensed.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-RB-George-Atkinson-III-and-DB-Marcus-Burley/6e5f14bb-6c18-4a11-bc83-4b1e3459b04f

Speaking of RBs buried on the roster, I wonder if Darius Jackson could be more involved this upcoming season.

Oh, yeah... commented a while ago about how he impressed last preseason in Dallas and only became available to us when he McFadden's return from the PUP, IIRC, forced Darius to waivers.

The 'Boys really hoped he'd go unclaimed so they could assign him to their PS.

Oh, yeah... commented a while ago about how he impressed last preseason in Dallas and only became available to us when he McFadden's return from the PUP, IIRC, forced Darius to waivers.

The 'Boys really hoped he'd go unclaimed so they could assign him to their PS.

With this signing, and as you say, Jackson on the roster, as well as Duke/Crowe....I am not of the opinion that the Browns are likely to draft an RB. Maybe pick up a UDFA, but no drafted guy.

Lets put it this way.....last year when they perceived a need the Browns took a WR early, plus 3 more in the mid/late rounds.

When they perceived a need on the OL, they went out and signed 3...or was it 4 OL in free agency

I could see them doing the same thing this time around. I expect them to "load up" at a position.

Expect a minimum of 3 DBs to be drafted.

But no RB.

Fun fact from ESPN's Wendy nix today on NFL Insiders...

33% of all players in the NFL in 2016 came into the league as UDFAs.

Even with a good boost from PSs, I'd never have put the percentage that high.

Fun fact from ESPN's Wendy nix today on NFL Insiders...

33% of all players in the NFL in 2016 came into the league as UDFAs.

Even with a good boost from PSs, I'd never have put the percentage that high.

I guess you have to ask, with a 53 man roster, and only an average of 7 draft picks in a year, that would mean for a team to have no UDFAs on its roster, it would have to have had all draftees over a period of 7 and a half years.

So, it kinda makes mathematical sense....even if it doesn't make logical sense.

AP is now a Saint...

2-year contract, $7mm with incentives up to $8.25mm... $3.5mm guaranteed in 2017.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802102/article/adrian-peterson-saints-finalize-twoyear-contract

Archived