THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Free Agents

darren15

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, didn't see that a thread had already been started.

Some names to consider:

Trumaine Johnson

Eric Berry

Jason Pierre Paul

Prince Amukamara

Luke Joeckel

Malcom Smith

Chance Warmack

Morris Claiborne

Dontari Poe

DJ Hayden

all under 30, all need positions.

I'd say its more likely that every single one of those guys stays with their team, than any of them hit the open market, let alone having any interest in coming here.

Just imagine Garrett Foster Kirksey and Collins.....lined up in Browns unis.......I would hang a picture of Shashi over my mantle....

Funny thing about those Kirksey #'s is that early in his career, I had him pegged as a solid pass defender(I still thinks he's our best).....but we can imagine the emphasis being placed on run D these past 2 seasons and consider the possibility that his game has adjusted some, simply due to that mentality

I'm with you but not sure if Foster will be there at #12. I imagine this with Shelton & Dontari Poe upfront as well. That D would be scary

• 3 weeks later...

Cowboys an option for Adrian Peterson? Why?

This article says that the Dallas Cowboys could be a landing spot for RB Adrian Peterson, who apparently will be a FA. My question is: Why?

Why would the Cowboys want him...they have Zeke Elliot.

Why would he want to go to the Cowboys? Unless he is ready to admit that he is all but washed up, can no longer handle being the #1 RB for a team, and just wants to play a backup role?

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/b14438ef-4091-3937-ab7f-58e8d958013a/ss_cowboys-a-potential-option.html

Cowboys an option for Adrian Peterson? Why?

Yeah, why the fuck would he want to wind his career with one of the most winning and successful franchises of all time.

To hang on for just a paycheck without having to earn it much...as Zeke will be pulling the load for that team....and to supposedly want to try to get a ring.

But...here is a clue for you....this is the closest the Cowboys will get to that goal in a long time.

He's talented, that's for sure. That reminds me, the Patriots won the damn title without Gronk playing for the past whatever game. Jesus.

Martellius Bennett wants big money.

He disappeared in some games this season.

Bennett's role is primarily as a blocker. They usually target him when it is least expected. Gronk is just a different kind of TE. Bennett filled in and was used properly as you would expect from BB.

EDIT: Of course ideally we should get OJ Howard who can do it all.

Good blocking TEs that can also catch and run? Not that many... more of an "either... or" position as it pretty much always has been.

He didn't have the killer instinct though. ^_^

**Insert rim shot here**

No more rum for a while.

Had my fill watching the Pats out play the Falcons. Bennett was OK, but I hope NE does not over pay when there are plenty of TEs that can match his production and blocking.

Browns want character too and most other TE's can't match this from a post SB interview:

"Bennett then further explained he why he won't "stick to sports" and what he is doing within the community.

"Shut up and stick to sports!! Enjoy the low hanging fruits Marty. Don't climb to the top of the Apple tree and taste that high hanging fruit," he tweeted. "This is part of the reason why I'm working to build Art Centers and Computer Labs for kids to learn coding. I'm not building gyms.

"I'm not interested in building football fields or doing football camps. I'm interested in doing film camps and coding camps.

"You don't have to be good at sports young man. Go upstairs and finish practicing that trombone. You don't have to rap. You can score films."

Jaguars are not picking up LT Kelvin Beachum's option, sources say. So like Ryan Clady, he's headed to the free-agent market.

Slot either in at RT ?

I'm sure it will happen before Mar 9.

deadline 4pm march 1st..start of March madness & a WR tag for Pryor is a estimated 15.7M..The Madness has begun for TP's agent Drew Rosenhouse

Archived