THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Sure, we have an incredible amount of draft capital and cap space. Just please don't screw it up this time, I'm not getting any younger.

LOL.......can certainly relate to that.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.

The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.

I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.

I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.

I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.

So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.

And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.

Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.

Zombo

Drop the Mic our friend & We WILL be walking out of Hicksburg as a better Team with nothing to lose for it..Welcome to Squealer Week!!

Just watched the game again. Man, there are so many plays we'd like to have back. The one that kills me is the deep bomb to Pryor. I watched it a few times, and he could've come down with it. The defender grabbed his arm, but the ref isn't going to call a 60 yard pass interference penalty right there. Was it a foul? Yeah...I think it was. If you look closely, you see Pryor's arm get held, which contorts his body and prohibits him from extending both his arms to catch the ball. A huge touchdown before half? Man, that would've been HUGE. One of Robert's biggest errors was that miss to Hawkins in the end zone. It was just an awful pass, and a decent one would've netted 6 points. I watched it a few times, and the throw was just so bad. All he had to do was lead Hawk to the right side of the end zone with a little air under it...UGH. It's the kind of throw Kessler makes in his sleep. And finally, the Jamar Taylor interception. I watched the play and his return could've been better...like...MUCH BETTER. Watch when he catches the pick, and then turns to the middle of the field. He has a blocker to his right, and virtually ALL of the sideline. Instead, he basically runs straight into a 340 pound lineman. If Jamar runs to the sideline, I'm not sure who gets him. Probably a WR picks him up somewhere before the end zone, but I don't know. If he just gets to the sideline, he might be GONE. I'm serious...it was so open.

Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...

Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...

We didn't cover him much all game which doesn't say much about our LB's who can't cover a 50 year old TE.

Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.

The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.

I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.

I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.

I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.

So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.

And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.

Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.

Zombo

major ass-kicksies to miktoxies

Archived