THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bills Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question just struck me...

Have we won a game since BrownsDawgPound took over OP'ing the weekly "Official" game thread?

Not sure, but it is safe to say his overall record is not goo.

Maybe we should revolt next week and start a parallel thread. I'm sure we would win then.

Zombo

There was one moment, I think just after the first massively wayward pass (behind Duke) that the cameras cut to Pep Hamilton, and he was there with such a resigned look on his face,

Yup.

And almost every other time they show the sidelines it's Hue shaking his head at what he just saw.

A lotta head shaking going on on our sidelines.

There was one moment, I think just after the first massively wayward pass (behind Duke) that the cameras cut to Pep Hamilton, and he was there with such a resigned look on his face, like he sees RG3 is wasted, a nothing.

Ha!...yeah, they showed several similar looks throughout the game.....coaches are clearly frustrated......as they should be....

hey mud, i remember back in the summer on the board where everyone was discussing music opinions, you sent me a chicago video of "make me smile". well maybe this will make you smile and forget about jimmah and his clowns..Jan 1st on cnn there will be a documentary on chicago. I think at 8pm. Should be great...looking foward to it...Just wanted to let you know.

Awesome......Ill be sure to check it out....thanks for the heads up////

This question just struck me...

Have we won a game since BrownsDawgPound took over OP'ing the weekly "Official" game thread?

Ahhhhh.....finally I have someone to blame......BDP better watch out...!

17....and, even after that, some wont get your point.....

You get me though right? I mean now they're telling us cam erving is grading out tops. I would love to take a look at their metrics sometime. Its like they give browns players points for a well pressed uni and properly affixed chin strap. It seriously the most vexing shit ive ever encountered and i was exposed to stats for business and marketing. I just dont see how these pff clowns are ascribing their attributes. Cause if u look at the tape and give a player a 1 for blocking his man or a 0 for getting beat, than avg'ing that against the rest of the league at that position.....there is no possible way our o line is grading high with the exception of JT.

I get it, its more complicated than 0's and 1's cause how long did the qb hold the ball....was that rusher supposed to be picked up by a RB etc, etc. Im just beside myself tho how people can watch browns ol diving backwards at the ankles of guys they were supposed to keep infront of them, and say something like "oh that was a tricky stunting def tackle so we're gonna give partial credit here"

You get me though right? I mean now they're telling us cam erving is grading out tops. I would love to take a look at their metrics sometime. Its like they give browns players points for a well pressed uni and properly affixed chin strap. It seriously the most vexing shit ive ever encountered and i was exposed to stats for business and marketing. I just dont see how these pff clowns are ascribing their attributes. Cause if u look at the tape and give a player a 1 for blocking his man or a 0 for getting beat, than avg'ing that against the rest of the league at that position.....there is no possible way our o line is grading high with the exception of JT.

I get it, its more complicated than 0's and 1's cause how long did the qb hold the ball....was that rusher supposed to be picked up by a RB etc, etc. Im just beside myself tho how people can watch browns ol diving backwards at the ankles of guys they were supposed to keep infront of them, and say something like "oh that was a tricky stunting def tackle so we're gonna give partial credit here"

Well...I think they are just saying Cam had a good game.....

PFF has a lot of good stuff and great stats that you wont find elsewhere.....the problems come in when people mis-use the information and mis-understand the ratings and what they mean.....too many just grab a score and declare this guy is terrible or great, w/o understanding where it comes from or what it means....

So...to me...PFF is a great tool, but not to be taken as gospel(which way too many people and writers do).....

I'm sure Jimmy already knows. He's at the games when there are more of the visitors fans there then his teams fans. And the stadium is half empty

well I am sure the other owners are glad someone is showing up at the games

makes ya wonder how long it will take them to force haslem to move the team

well I am sure the other owners are glad someone is showing up at the games

makes ya wonder how long it will take them to force haslem to move the team

FWIW, the NFL can't "force" an owner to move a team. They can force him to sell it if they feel it's being totally mismanaged. That has happened at least once (Patriots). Haslam can't move the team even if he wants to, at least until 2028 when the lease is up. Part of the deal when Modell pulled the rug out from under Cleveland was the best lawyers in the city drew up an ironclad stadium lease that's virtually impossible for a Browns owner to break.

A game or two ago they had I think Higgins or Louis as the top rated guy when pryor had 130 yards and some people were flipping shit. But if you actually take a moment to consider what they're saying, it's that on a snap-per-snap basis, that guy did his job better. Pryor had picked up a couple of big chunk plays but not much else, and I think had a couple penalties.

It's not a gospel "higher score = better player" and certainly shouldn't be treated as such. It's just 'how well did you execute what was asked of you' and that's why you see our OL outside of Cam turning up in their top five every game. Four out of five guys blocking well and the center whiffing = sack or tfl. People then say 'hey we got sacked/stuffed/concussed we need a whole new OL' without taking a moment to look a little deeper.

Not sure, but it is safe to say his overall record is not goo.

Maybe we should revolt next week and start a parallel thread. I'm sure we would win then.

Parallel sounds like a tie inducing move at best... ditto for immediate locking...

You want a win? One-week ban...

17....and, even after that, some wont get your point.....

... or will and summarily reject it.

I placed it right next to the far more popular, "refs are screwing us" conspiracy theory in my "Worthless crap I read on the BrownsBoard" file.

So...to me...PFF is a great tool, but not to be taken as gospel(which way too many people and writers do).....

Absolutely... while I prefer it to game watchers who after one casual viewing "grade" every player on the field, PFF has it's limitations.

Part of the deal when Modell pulled the rug out from under Cleveland was the best lawyers in the city drew up an ironclad stadium lease that's virtually impossible for a Browns owner to break.

Not to mention the out-of-pocket Jimmah laid out for stadium improvements. Not exactly a move a businessman planning a move would make.

Archived