THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone Else Think Collins Doesn't Wanna Be Here

alporcini

I don't "see it" either... remember his Browns tape will have role in setting his price no matter where he ends up.

34 tackles in 4 games...leads our team for that span....so, if being our best player means invisible...then so be it

edit:....and, Ill add that Kruger had 27 tackles in 16 games last season....one just has to do the math....

Is there am expiration date on Kruger references? ;)

34 tackles in 4 games...leads our team for that span....so, if being our best player means invisible...then so be it

edit:....and, Ill add that Kruger had 27 tackles in 16 games last season....one just has to do the math....

He played with a lot of intensity in the Stoolers game, then against the Giants he seemed to give a half assed effort on several plays.

This was a topic of discussion on radio a couple of weeks back, so there seems to some merit to this.

I missed the first quarter of today's game, so I'm not sure what kind of effort he's put in so far.

We'll find out more at season's end.

Is there am expiration date on Kruger references? ;)

End of season...though Im only trying to show how significant of an upgrade Collins is....not really slam Kruger

He played with a lot of intensity in the Stoolers game, then against the Giants he seemed to give a half assed effort on several plays.

This was a topic of discussion on radio a couple of weeks back, so there seems to some merit to this.

I missed the first quarter of today's game, so I'm not sure what kind of effort he's put in so far.

9 tackles so far today....still the 3rd.....just not seeing any negatives in his play(on this D especially)....

Well if Kruger wasn't being misused he would have done better

Question was/is... think he's coming back? Think he wants to come back?

didn't we do that a couple years back?

nothing really to show for it. man, who hires our scouts and drafting personnel? i know it was a past regime but it's as if there's a monster in the closet or a team of gremlins that come in the night before the draft and just throw down new notes and the assholes in the FO no matter who it is, just walk into the draft brain dead like a zombie.

He's played pretty well for us.

He had a rough first game, giving up on covering the RB for an easy TD pitch and catch....but he was only on the team a few days and wasn't in our defensive flow.

...and, OF COURSE he wants the hell out-a-here.

Well if Kruger wasn't being misused he would have done better

If not pink, then could at least italicize...

Promise to fill this draft with D and he'll be back.

Waste of a promise since he can see our draft before committing to any team.

I thought the FA signings start in March and the draft in April. Does he not come under FA?

1st comes tag(luv). 2nd comes FA(marrage). 3rd draft(kids) cycle never ends.. Just bring lots of money

January 1: Week 17.

January 2: Earliest permissible date for clubs to renegotiate or extend the rookie contract of a drafted rookie who was selected in any round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Any permissible renegotiated or extended player contract will not be considered a rookie contract, and will not be subject to the rules that limit rookie contracts.

January 2: Option exercise period begins for Fifth-Year Option for First- Round Selections from the 2014 NFL Draft. To exercise the option, the club must give written notice to the player on or after January 2, 2017, but prior to May 3, 2017.

January 7-8: Wild Card Playoffs.

January 8: Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the Wild Card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the Wild Card games.

January 14-15: Divisional Playoffs.

January 15: Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 16: Deadline for college players that are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility. A list of players who are accepted into the NFL Draft will be transmitted to clubs on January 20.

January 21: East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 22: AFC and NFC Championship Games.

January 28: Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama.

January 29: NFL Pro Bowl, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida.

January 29: An assistant coach, whose team is participating in the Super Bowl, who has previously interviewed for another club's head coaching job may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

February 5: Super Bowl LI, NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas.

February 15: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

February 28-March 6: Combine Timing and Testing, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

March 1: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 7-9: "Legal Tampering Period" During the period beginning at 12 noon, New York time, on March 7th and ending at 3:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9th, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2016 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

During the above two-day negotiating period, no direct contact is permitted between a prospective unrestricted free agent and any employee or representative of a club, other than the player's current club.

March 9: The 2017 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2017 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the League office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

March 9: Trading period for 2017 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2016 contracts.

March 26-29: Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

April 3: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2016 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 17: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 21: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign Offer Sheets.

April 26: Deadline for prior club to exercise Right of First Refusal to Restricted Free Agents.

April 27-29: NFL Draft (site TBD).

I don't see anything about the end of the UFA period.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677028/article/important-nfl-dates-for-201617

January 2: Option exercise period begins for Fifth-Year Option for First- Round Selections from the 2014 NFL Draft. To exercise the option, the club must give written notice to the player on or after January 2, 2017, but prior to May 3, 2017.

So, you think we'll pick up the option on Gilbert or Manziel?

Tour-that goes back to my point that if they want to make sure Collins stays, then they had better get him signed as FA period starts or make sure he understands they will bring him superior D players in the draft while negotiating from the start of FA period on. It does appear there is some overrun time with the draft, but he can also sign with anyone he wants before the draft begins if I understand FA signing rules correctly. I would hope we sign him before FA opens up. We certainly have the cap space. Aren't we allowed to do that if he is agreeable?

If he hasn't signed with the browns by the 9th March, he can sign with anyone else. That's it. No 'wait and see what we do in the draft' period, that'd just be Collins saying "well I think this browns team is really on to something and it's superbowl in two years so I'm staying" - not very realistic.

Nope. I didn't think he wanted to be here from the get-go. I have no proof of this...but wait...yes I do. We don't ever win and we suck. So yes....I do have proof. We need to re-sign Pryor so we can franchise Collins. He's a freaking beast and we desperately need him.

Archived