THE BROWNS BOARD

Shaun Rogers

BrownsFan17

Guest Masters
not exactly a steal considering we gave up leigh bodden

Bodden who? Sure, I'd rather have him in the slot instead of cousins, but he ain't being missed in the base D. Rogers makes far more of an impact each week than Bodden ever did.

Guest Masters
We kept hearing for the past three years that the reason Andra davis and company can't make a stuff at the line is because the DL's aren't keeping linemen off the LB's ... well, this season really proves that all wrong, as Rogers is a one-man wrecking crew and if he don't make the tackle himself, it results into a 7-9 tackle from behind by the othjer six in the front seven.

Man, if we don't spend our first round pick on the best available LB next year, I'll puke.

Well, the ILB are finally getting into the back field. They just can't tackle.

watching the games as a kid I always recall the commentators announcing Michael Dean Perry as a starter on DL but I don't recall hearing his name too often after that. That's how I remember it anyway.

Think of MDP as a larger version of Kameron Wimbley. When the guy came to play he had the quickest first step of any interior lineman I've ever seen. Several times he shot the gap so fast he about intercepted the handoff.

We kept hearing for the past three years that the reason Andra davis and company can't make a stuff at the line is because the DL's aren't keeping linemen off the LB's ... well, this season really proves that all wrong, as Rogers is a one-man wrecking crew and if he don't make the tackle himself, it results into a 7-9 tackle from behind by the othjer six in the front seven.

Man, if we don't spend our first round pick on the best available LB next year, I'll puke.

I've said the same thing since 99'....me hopes as well!!!

LOL

Rogers is not a beast.

Michael Dean Perry was a beast.

Larry Sherk was a beast.

Jack Gregory was a beast.

Walter Johnson was a beast.

Rogers is pretty good. i'm ashamed of most of you guys.

For those of you who haven't heard of the players i mentioned, i'm happy that you've found a new hero.

Sherk is still my all-time favorite Browns defensive player (tied with Clay Matthews.) Sherk was beyond a beast. He was a leviathan, a balrog and one helluva Brown.

Doug

I agree that (JERRY) Sherk is one of my all time favorite players, after Clay and Leroy Kelly. If anyone here remembers this...Jerry was the first Brown I remember getting a staph infection. Almost died from it too. One hell of a player. Him and Walter Johnson were absolute beasts.

By far the MVP of this year....what impressed me most was the block field goal. The man never quits.

Remember some of the worryers' at the beginning? Man among boyz and unblockable.....That is the cornerstone, williams will be a cornerstone, Wright, perhaps S.Jones and pool if healthy, McDonald seems to be a FREAKIN awesome 5th rounder...Hall and Wimbley will be a nice tandem...We have to get more creative with Wimbley...Jackson playin better as of late. MISSING...STUD ILB! Have missed one, always have, except for less than a handfull in my 40 years. It would be real nice to have a Jon Beason, Curtis Lofton , Patrick Willis, Demeco Ryans, or Harris from the jets....a young mean plays at the Line of scrimmage/ tackle for loss MLB young gun, giving us a real presence in the middle....with pool behind Them two we could be a real hardnose defensive football team... Hardcore

Archived