THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the browns suck once again.... what do they do

Babernakle

If you have watched the browns the past two years you know they suck. Many of the talking heads say they need a qb. Well that could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The problem is the O-line period. It's why they can't run the ball it's why our defense gets blasted especially in the second half and why we can't keep a qb. The genus of the front office to keep Joe Thomas is pathetic not trading him while he was worth something was stupid his play has diminished and should be gone along with the rest of the line get rid of them all and start new bring guys in the want to play and not looking for there last check before they retire. If you look at time of possession and if I was a defensive play I'd be whooping some o-line ass they are a pathetic bunch and should be ashamed to call themselves professionals

If you have watched the browns the past two years you know they suck. Many of the talking heads say they need a qb. Well that could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The problem is the O-line period. It's why they can't run the ball it's why our defense gets blasted especially in the second half and why we can't keep a qb. The genus of the front office to keep Joe Thomas is pathetic not trading him while he was worth something was stupid his play has diminished and should be gone along with the rest of the line get rid of them all and start new bring guys in the want to play and not looking for there last check before they retire. If you look at time of possession and if I was a defensive play I'd be whooping some o-line ass they are a pathetic bunch and should be ashamed to call themselves professionals

No.

your generalization sucks. Joe Thomas, Crow/Duke, Pryor/Coleman, Bitonio, Joe Haden, the list is far longer than a couple of years ago... DO NOT SUCK. The Browns are not completed yet under Coach Hue and co.

The oline has problems on the right side/C, sure. But the secondary also desperately needs a blue chip playmaking SS.

and, "genus" ...really? It's spelled "genius". You should be ashamed to criticize anybody on the Browns for sucking.

"start new bring guys.." ??? " in the want to play ..." ???

and, "looking for there last check before they retire.." ??? IT's "THEIR", NOT "THERE"

"if I was a defensive play..." ??? seriously? if you were a "defensive PLAY..." ???

How about IF you were a PLAYER, you might make a PLAY.

Or, you could try to make sense, use a spell checker, and stop the generalizations and judge your posts before you post em.

Calfox it's fan boys like you that can't face reality and see the problem you deflect by criticizing spelling instead of the message the line is pathetic and they do need to clean house. We have had 5 different qbs this year all of which have been running for there life and been injured the d is on the field the whole game they can't pass block or make a hole to run through. As far as Hayden goes he still good but has lost a step crow can't tell he hit in the backfield before he gets a chance to run the only brite spot is Pryor and that's will be short lived team will double team him and the qbs can't get the ball to anyone else except in junk time now calfox if you would like to make an argument instead of deflecting I would love to hear it

NO. again.

it isn't the entire line. They do not need to "clean house"

you are inferring...(Richie?), that there is no solid player anywhere because the Browns

are losing.

The Browns need to add some star players. Big freaking deal - everybody knows that.

You should read more, and vent less, you sound like you don't have a clue.

I'm talking about drafting a star asskicking SS, ILB, DE, C, OG/OT, CB...

A lot of us are. You never join in and give your detailed ideas. You just lambast, vent in generalizations to try

to sound smart.

ain't workin. Slow down, research who you think should be drafted to fix weaknesses in the Browns roster...

and then we can talk. It's THEIR, NOT "THERE", and it's plural, "LIVES", not "life".... It's "BRIGHT", not "brite"

and it's certain positions on the oline, not the ENTIRE OLINE. Your failure is in the lack of details, spelling and about

football weaknesses with the Browns. HINT: you don't fix Joe Thomas and Bitonio - next year, they are fine.

NOW, look at C, ROG, and RT. Find some fixes in the draft and know what you are talkinig about, that's all.

Or, you could try to make sense, use a spell checker, and stop the generalizations and judge your posts before you post em.

Slow down Crush, the Dude's interest is Turtle Racing & has came along way from post 1 in English(almost)..#1 You take the QB just like any other winning team..Regardless!!(have u seen ours?) #2 Our GM Master :ph34r: must hit on this draft he/sh/it built #3.No More Blaming HC for Talent given (just at QB) OK When Squirrel meets Turtle It's on..keep it above the belt boyz

Hahaha there are many great players on the browns just not on the oline the fact is the whole line Joe Thomas included are below average and getting worse as the year rolls on and going into a draft and not focusing on one problem is dumb. They need to start in one area and work for there. Your either help the d or help the offense not both there's not enough pick to do both the browns are not one player away. And if you don't fix Joe Thomas that's exactly why he needs to go that's all

I'm talking about drafting a star asskicking SS, ILB, DE, C, OG/OT, CB...

and QB. and WR. and RB. and TE. and RT. and RG. and LG. and LT. and K. and P. and DL. and DL. and MLB. and OLB. and..............scouts that can evaluate talent. and GMs who aren't blind and dumb. and HCs that can find a way to win. and................

Ethan Pocic nico Siragusa Tyler orlosky damine mama Dorian Johnson these are the o- lineman who I think the browns should get I think this is a great mix of pass and run blockers but I have no say in the matter I do no there is no point in going after a wr or rb or qb plus there is no qbs in this draft

The hilarious thing about the Browns is for a chunk of time there we had a pretty decent O-line and still managed to be appallingly mediocre to stunningly bad. No matter what asset we have we're missing the complimentary piece. We have no line, or no quarterback, or no receivers, or no defense. We've not had a running game to speak of since the Browns came into existence. It's hilarious, It's impossible to be as bad as the Browns have been and yet, here we are. Defying all the odds.

Do you even watch what's happening on the o-line?

Calfox it's fan boys like you that can't face reality and see the problem you deflect by criticizing spelling instead of the message the line is pathetic and they do need to clean house. We have had 5 different qbs this year all of which have been running for there life and been injured the d is on the field the whole game they can't pass block or make a hole to run through. As far as Hayden goes he still good but has lost a step crow can't tell he hit in the backfield before he gets a chance to run the only brite spot is Pryor and that's will be short lived team will double team him and the qbs can't get the ball to anyone else except in junk time now calfox if you would like to make an argument instead of deflecting I would love to hear it

Give it a rest. Joe Thomas isn't the reason our qbs are getting killed on a regular basis. It's lack of depth (for one thing- Bitonio getting hurt was a killer) and with Greko getting hurt, Griffin better up his life insurance policy. Now if you want to replace Erving- go to the head of the class. Us guys who actually watch what the line is doing have wanted him benched forever.

Need to think about drafting his replacement now don't you think? Love JT but he ain't playing forever.

In a perfect world, yes Mik. But considering the Browns are as full of holes as swiss cheese, finding Joe's replacement is pretty far down on the urgency scale.

Nothing to add really other than the phrase, Bourbon Babernackle Choir, popped into my head...

Must be the season... or the late hour... or both...

G'nite, y'all...

Carry on...

You place every blame on the O Line.. That may be fair. They lost Schwartz and Mack to FA, they lost Bitonio to injury. The backups that have stepped are not up to par. The rookies they have are just learning their way. Their starting center sucks swamp water and needs to be replaced. We get that.

But...here is the future: Bito will be back, Greco will be back. The Browns will draft an OL high...and another lower. Also, hopefully Drango/Coleman improve. I see a plan in place for the OL. But we still need that franchise QB at #1.

I don't see these guys doing what the team did to Tim Couch: put him out there with crap in front of him his whole tenure here.

In fact, I see the one position they may go after in FA being the OL. An Eric Steinbach like pickup. A somewhat proven commodity.

That is the OL plan as I see it.

So get a QB that can make things work behind that plan.

Give it a rest. Joe Thomas isn't the reason our qbs are getting killed on a regular basis. It's lack of depth (for one thing- Bitonio getting hurt was a killer) and with Greko getting hurt, Griffin better up his life insurance policy. Now if you want to replace Erving- go to the head of the class. Us guys who actually watch what the line is doing have wanted him benched forever.

And I should add this thought that just popped into my head. Opposing defenses don't even bother to attack Joe Thomas. Why should they? Of late, teams have just been putting a bum opposite Joe to keep him occupied, and attack anywhere and everywhere else.

Totally reasonable way to see it Gip. But the real question still lies with how this weird FO sees it. What IS their plan?

Well, in theory their plan is to draft the best players they can get.

But as we know from Browns drafts from Christmases past, the best laid plans aft gang aglay.

Need to think about drafting his replacement now don't you think? Love JT but he ain't playing forever.

I've got no problem with that.

His replacement can man the RT spot 'til it's time to step in for JT.

And I should add this thought that just popped into my head. Opposing defenses don't even bother to attack Joe Thomas. Why should they? Of late, teams have just been putting a bum opposite Joe to keep him occupied, and attack anywhere and everywhere else.

Clearly we need to start moving Joe around to keep Defenses guessing... :o

Well there is no answer at qb in the draft the only guy out there is garoppolo and we have a good trading relationship with New England but the line needs addressed first and foremost otherwise there is no sense in getting a qb draft at center gaurd and tackle trade Thomas to the pats and a late round pick for garoppolo

Well there is no answer at qb in the draft the only guy out there is garoppolo and we have a good trading relationship with New England but the line needs addressed first and foremost otherwise there is no sense in getting a qb draft at center gaurd and tackle trade Thomas to the pats and a late round pick for garoppolo

Two reasons why not Jimmy G. Mallett and Cassell. How did those two work out when they went to other teams? Belichick isn't going to trade his QBOTF with a soon to be 40 year old Tom Brady manning the position. Trade Jimmy and keep Jacoby Brissett? Bill's smart enough to know Tom isn't going to be playing forever. Of course, if he can sucker some team into giving up a first round pick, I'm sure he'll listen.

The only reason we got Collins from the Pats is they didn't want to (or couldn't) come up with enough cash to keep him happy. The Browns have more cap room (by far) than any other team in the NFL. Bill has rarely let someone go who went on to excel with another team.

If you know anything at all about relative value to a team, left tackle (that's Joe) ranks only behind QB and pass rusher. It's why left tackles get drafted in the first round every year like clockwork. Teams don't like seeing their franchise quarterbacks getting killed. He can still probably play at his usual pro bowl level for a couple more years. If we're taking a qb either by trade or draft- a great blindside protector (like Thomas) is mandatory.

maybe start with all the cap room jimmy has.....

i'm worried about resigning pryor and collins next year. I'm willing to bet they both want the maximum, especially since pryors agent is rosenhaus. Is pryor really worth Julio Jones type money?

worse case, we let both go, and have even more cap room. then "build through the draft". Looking at that, it'll take 3-5 years to get a quality team. Jimmy will probably stay 40 million under the cap each year, and if his plan goes accordingly, by year 4 or 5, we'll be in the playoffs and he'll be paying the minimum. At worst, if we don't hit on the next two drafts, we go 1-15 and then 3-13 in the respective years and then he cans everyone, of course, that's the worst case scenario. Best case scenario is that we draft some studs, sign some free agents, and don't overpay for some of the people that we have. T Pryor doesn't deserve 50 or 60 million dollars in a multi year deal...... But Ricardo Louis and Cam Erving aren't talented enough to be on an NFL football team. We've gotta find some kind of balance. Call the "strategy" what you want, but Jimmy's being a cheapass.

and QB. and WR. and RB. and TE. and RT. and RG. and LG. and LT. and K. and P. and DL. and DL. and MLB. and OLB. and..............scouts that can evaluate talent. and GMs who aren't blind and dumb. and HCs that can find a way to win. and................

I really like the part about scouts that can evaluate talent.

Not to mention this newfangled machine. :lol:

Archived