THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh loses all Credibility

The Gipper

what part was incorrect?

I do remember when Meyer did those things. But this thread isn't about him. It's about harbutt

Harbaugh didn't quit his past teams, for starters.

Unless you call getting promoted as quitting. In which case, you're saying Meyer quit on multiple past teams as well. So let's hear you say that Meyer is also a quitter.... I know you (and many others) have a hard time talking Michigan/OSU without crippling bias, but just try to see the point you're making here. Just step back, and see what you're arguing.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's debatable whether Michigan is a step up from the 49ers. I think I'd rather be a part of the college game but still highly debatable. For what it's worth Stanford was a good gig too. His last two changes were lateral moves in my opinion. Florida to Ohio State is probably also a lateral move.

Stanford will never win a national championship. Ohio State is absolutely a step up from Florida.

I, as an Ohio state fan, certainly have a bias towards them, but Meyer won two national championshipa in florida. Therefore they can win the championship and thus it is a lateral move.

Facts are the Urban HC moves are BG upgrade to Utah upgrade to UF then "medical event" which turned out to be "coaching burnout" which does happen in any high pressure job, time off and guess what his home state big time school The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY had an opening....and he took it!

It's just that simple. :huh:

You're apparently arguing a point I'm not making

No actually I was adding to your point and hopefully putting this Urban nonsense to bed.

This is what you said " I mean, his volatile nature/ADD...in terms of coaching interest"

So you're calling him volatile and "ADD" because he's moved up in his coaching career. I guess Meyer is as well...

Except Meyer has never had any interest in coaching in the NFL....and all his moves were upward. Harbaugh has NFL interest...and clearly that call could come again.

Unless you call getting promoted as quitting. In which case, you're saying Meyer quit on multiple past teams as well. So let's hear you say that Meyer is also a quitter.... I know you (and many others) have a hard time talking Michigan/OSU without crippling bias, but just try to see the point you're making here. Just step back, and see what you're arguing.

For a guy that has probably never held a tit, you like to go tit for tat on everything.

"Harbaugh did this"

"well (blubber/bluster/mumble/stumble)...homina homina homina....so did Meyer...so there"

As I said a few posts back....grow the fuck up.

I, as an Ohio state fan, certainly have a bias towards them, but Meyer won two national championshipa in florida. Therefore they can win the championship and thus it is a lateral move.

And what'd they have before that? 1? Meanwhile Ohio State is the GOAT program. Also 2 other historical powers in Florida (in addition to UF) while Ohio is one of 2 major talent-producing states with only one P5 program.

No comparison.

A lot of people are chiming in and arguing points no one debated.

All I'm saying is if you think Harbaugh quit on his past teams, then Meyer has quit on past teams as well.

If you're intelligent enough to realize those were moves up the ladder, and not quitting, then there's nothing to argue.

(Though Meyer didn't leave Florida in the best situation culture wise, and may have made his own bed there. But that's another discussion.)

A lot of people are chiming in and arguing points no one debated.

All I'm saying is if you think Harbaugh quit on his past teams, then Meyer has quit on past teams as well.

If you're intelligent enough to realize those were moves up the ladder, and not quitting, then there's nothing to argue.

(Though Meyer didn't leave Florida in the best situation culture wise, and may have made his own bed there. But that's another discussion.)

The question was harbutt losing credibility. I said he doesn't have any because everywhere he has been he quit. And he has done just that QUIT!!!!!

Urban Meyer has done the same thing, except for 1 really big difference. Urban Meyer has 3 titles. That gives him the "Credibility" that harbutt doesn't have.

The question was harbutt losing credibility. I said he doesn't have any because everywhere he has been he quit. And he has done just that QUIT!!!!!

Urban Meyer has done the same thing, except for 1 really big difference. Urban Meyer has 3 titles. That gives him the "Credibility" that harbutt doesn't have.

So Meyer quit, but he has titles, so he has credibility? Huh?

I guess as long as you're calling Meyer a quitter, we're good.

Really, the worst thing on Meyer is the culture he left at UF. Read up on how big of a shitshow he created there.

So Meyer quit, but he has titles, so he has credibility? Huh?

I guess as long as you're calling Meyer a quitter, we're good.

Really, the worst thing on Meyer is the culture he left at UF. Read up on how big of a shitshow he created there.

You finally get it. If you are a quitter and don't win. You have no credibility and you are labeled a quitter. If you are a quitter and win 3 titles. You have credibility and are labeled GREAT!!!

Hence harbutt has NO credibility. As I stated before

I don't make anything of the movements that either coach has made in their careers. They have done nothing that all other coaches in the land practically have done. So that is no big deal.

The difference is that Harbaugh can be a volatile personality (while sometimes entertaining) and Meyer isn't. (he is basically solid, dull and boring)

I had no problem with Harbaugh moving up to the 49ers, or on to the TUN. I didn't say he quit. But, he is volatile, erratic. (It is so cataract of you not to see that).

And he very well could be moving along much sooner than you think or would like him to. Just his style.

I think his personality is better suited to College players than to pros. And I doubt he'd jump from Michigan to another college - unless he's tired of Urban Meyer and OSU kicking his ass.

Didn't Harbaugh have a very senior heavy team this year? What's left for next year? Can he reload like Urban does?

why is it that every time I come to this forum every post I read from you,you are either having to back track or defend your back tracking

I'd be absolutely shocked if Harbaugh left Michigan just when it looks like the program is making a comeback. Shocked. I don't like the guy as is but I'd lose all respect for him if he did that. I don't see it.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Harbaugh left Michigan just when it looks like the program is making a comeback. Shocked. I don't like the guy as is but I'd lose all respect for him if he did that. I don't see it.

Way to use your brain Cysko. Let's hope some of your peers can too

So, Woody, if you lose Harbaugh to the Rams will Michigan bring back Brady Hoke?

While I agree that it is beyond comprehension that Harbaugh would leave Michigan at this point, you still never know with him. It may be a distant fire, but there still seems to be some smoke f rom that distant fire.

He's not going anywhere...

If you did any research on the source of these rumors, you'd know there is nothing to them.

You are obtuse. There is no "kind of research" that can be done on these rumors. That is why they are rumors. (besides...how do you know there is nothing to them. You don't... no more than I do. You don't believe them. I don't believe them...but there is NOTHING definitive to say about them until Harbaugh makes a statement. And even then, take it with a grain of salt. Remember Saban? "I'm not going to Alabama". Sure.

Archived