Sign in to follow this  
The Gipper

Harbaugh loses all Credibility

wargograw    220

Don't the "all-22" clips come out the Monday after college games? So the fact that the pro-OSU picture of the 4th down conversion was not shown during the game has no bearing on anything, Woody.

Also, look into the contact within the first 5 yards rule.

mjp28    156

Does anyone find it a little creepy how much Harbaugh wants to be schembechler? I would not be the least bit surprised if he started calling himself jimbo harbechler

When I saw him blow his top and throw down and break his headphones it was like looking at Bo!

BTW years back we had a fundraiser for a local Ohio high school coach who had ALS, among other distinguished guests we got Earle Bruce and without a second thought Bo Schembechler came in for it.

Bruce was ok, lousy jokes but Bo was awesome, great speaker and good guy.....no wonder he got all those good Ohio boys to head up north.

The Gipper    1,164

Does anyone find it a little creepy how much Harbaugh wants to be schembechler? I would not be the least bit surprised if he started calling himself jimbo harbechler

Its more like he wants to be Woody. The horned rim glasses were a Woody thing. Bo didn't wear glasses.

mjp28    156

Its more like he wants to be Woody. The horned rim glasses were a Woody thing. Bo didn't wear glasses.

No he's way more Bo (born 1929) than Woodrow (born 1913) who was the real WWII type guy.

Plus Harbaugh is way more maize and blue a real Bo disciple. (who cares if he did or didn't wear glasses, maybe he had Lasix surgery :lol: )

MLD Woody    350

I do think it was a foul.....on the UM receiver...for pushing off. The fact that they do it all the time and don't get called does not make it not a foul.

If you say that there was a foul on OSU, then there were mutual fouls on the play...and so the non call is probably appropriated.

There is no way that's a foul on the Michigan WR. I haven't even heard anyone else claim that. Idk what else to say. If you're that biased that you can't even come close to looking at that objectively, I'm wasting my time on this one.

MLD Woody    350

Do I look like the Big Ten Commish? How should I know? Take you question to the league.

And you are even whinier that Harbaugh.....I have heard no objections by him over this.

You know, they don't grow refs in a test tube. They come from somewhere. I suggest that there may even be a Big Ten ref out there somewhat that, God forbid, grew up in Michigan.

Is that ref an open Michigan fan that was banned from reffing Michigan games in the past?

Believe me,people have brought it up. It's gaining a media narrative.

MLD Woody    350

Then look into it. Show me the bad officiating that hurt OSU. I have multiple instances of it hurting Michigan. Your turn.

I don't have to look into it. Scoreboard.

Yes, I get that. I've said multiple times in this thread if we played a little better the refs don't matter. But, AGAIN, that doesn't excuse poor and biased officiating.

If there were any....but there was little and none involved.

So you're making a claim something exists, and then saying you don't need to provide evidence it exists. Alright...

There were. Any objective party can see that.

MLD Woody    350

Right or wrong, Harbaugh should have handled the loss with class & dignity, then walked off the podium with his head held high. Instead, he left a perception of himself as a whiner.

Bottom line is that the pick 6 & fumble on the 1-2 yard line did NOT involve the Refs. That's why you lost....that & the fact that Urban Meyer coached Teams are relentless. Way to go Bucks!!!

Game's over Jim. Your Team lost...be a man, accept it & come back stronger next time.

Mike

Why do Michigan's mistakes eliminate poor/questionable officiating? Yes, we could have done a number of things better to win. That doesn't excuse the officiating which also played a role. That's the point.

MLD Woody    350

No he's way more Bo (born 1929) than Woodrow (born 1913) who was the real WWII type guy.

Plus Harbaugh is way more maize and blue a real Bo disciple. (who cares if he did or didn't wear glasses, maybe he had Lasix surgery :lol: )

We'll have to see if Harbaugh punches an opposing player...

MLD Woody    350

Don't the "all-22" clips come out the Monday after college games? So the fact that the pro-OSU picture of the 4th down conversion was not shown during the game has no bearing on anything, Woody.

Also, look into the contact within the first 5 yards rule.

Contact is allowed. Holding is still a foul.

mjp28    156

We'll have to see if Harbaugh punches an opposing player...

We'll have to see if he punches his own player....or a crooked ref :lol:

The Gipper    1,164

Of course I understand that Harbaugh is a Bo disciple......but Bo was a Woody disciple. So that puts Harbaugh into the Woody Hayes coaching tree.

And I was only talking about his appearance, which is more Woody.

hayes_woody01.jpgIgnoring the colors, and the fact that Woody is all grey haired here...Harbaugh had more of the Woody look than the Bo look.

The Gipper    1,164

There is no way that's a foul on the Michigan WR. I haven't even heard anyone else claim that. Idk what else to say. If you're that biased that you can't even come close to looking at that objectively, I'm wasting my time on this one.

OK, then it was a good no call. Discussion ended.

The Gipper    1,164

Is that ref an open Michigan fan that was banned from reffing Michigan games in the past?

Believe me,people have brought it up. It's gaining a media narrative.

What it is gaining is idiocy or Paranoia. You are looking for Paranoid conspiracies.

Perhaps you should join the Alex Jones inner circle.

The Gipper    1,164

So you're making a claim something exists, and then saying you don't need to provide evidence it exists. Alright...

I didn't make a claim that anything exists....you did with your paranoid fantasies.

There were. Any objective party can see that.

One play. I said that. Beyond that it is just you and your boy being whiny little loser bitches.

The Gipper    1,164

Harbaugh would obviously go in there under Bo. The only other coached that Harbaugh mentored under were his Dad and Bill Callahan.

Canton Mike    604

Why do Michigan's mistakes eliminate poor/questionable officiating? Yes, we could have done a number of things better to win. That doesn't excuse the officiating which also played a role. That's the point.

I said NOTHING about the officiating. My post referred only to Harbaugh's behavior post game, which was an embarrassment to himself, his Team, & Michigan. Regardless of circumstance, the game was lost...OVER. If he protests, there are proper ways to do so. He chose the wrong way.

Mike

• Upvote 1

The Gipper    1,164

I said NOTHING about the officiating. My post referred only to Harbaugh's behavior post game, which was an embarrassment to himself, his Team, & Michigan. Regardless of circumstance, the game was lost...OVER. If he protests, there are proper ways to do so. He chose the wrong way.

Mike

Some say he was trying to influence the CFP committee....to put it in their minds that perhaps without these officiating errors UM would have won.

Who knows if that sort of thing would work on them. Perhaps they could view it as: "this guy is an asshat and he does not deserve a chance to play in the CFP".

Well, we may see. If either Wash. or Clemson loses....we will see if UM gets jumped by the Big Ten Champ or someone else. If they were to be jumped....his foolish, boorish behavior may be a reason for it.

(though...I know...they could have already put down further now if they thought that way)

So, would a win by PSU over Wisc...or vice versa, give the committee an excuse to have that winner be jumped over UM?

mjp28    156

Of course I understand that Harbaugh is a Bo disciple......but Bo was a Woody disciple. So that puts Harbaugh into the Woody Hayes coaching tree.

And I was only talking about his appearance, which is more Woody.

.......Ignoring the colors, and the fact that Woody is all grey haired here...Harbaugh had more of the Woody look than the Bo look.

I see Bo on appearances and overall behavior plus on that tree Harbaugh is on the same limb as Bo and aways off from Woodrow.

But the Ohio coaching tree NCAA or NFL is second to none!

The Gipper    1,164

I see Bo on appearances and overall behavior plus on that tree Harbaugh is on the same limb as Bo and aways off from Woodrow.

But the Ohio coaching tree NCAA or NFL is second to none!

Actually, lineage wise, he is just one generation removed. Direct from Woody to Bo to Harbaugh. That is actually pretty close.

mjp28    156

Actually, lineage wise, he is just one generation removed. Direct from Woody to Bo to Harbaugh. That is actually pretty close.

Has Bo Harbaugh really ever played for Woody or had meaningful conversations and other contact with him compared with Schembechler?

I'd guess no.

The Gipper    1,164

Has Bo Harbaugh really ever played for Woody or had meaningful conversations and other contact with him compared with Schembechler?

I'd guess no.

No....but apparently you are not aware of the concept of a "coaching tree". See below for Paul Brown.