THE BROWNS BOARD

Why do people on the right still get worked up over castro?

Clevfan4life

Something from fox news came over my feed and they're still vaginlly inflammed that some people in the media here had diplomatic words about castro. Can someone enlighten me why this is a big deal? Some folks in cuba liked the guy some didnt. Why does the most powerful country on earth still give a fuck? Why do people here feel the need to shape the narrative of other countties? Its not our fucking business, hasnt been for decades. Im irrittated when i hear white people fawning over castro as well as denigrating him. Its always this back and forth white and black debate over an issue that is frankly as i said nobodys business to get infront of a camera and talk about. Its also way over their heads. Way over. The avg american clownbag really has nothing pertinent whatsoever to add to this.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"At this time of Fidel Castros passing, we extend a hand of friendship to the Cuban people. We know that this moment fills Cubans - in Cuba and in the United States - with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation. History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him.

For nearly six decades, the relationship between the United States and Cuba was marked by discord and profound political disagreements. During my presidency, we have worked hard to put the past behind us, pursuing a future in which the relationship between our two countries is defined not by our differences but by the many things that we share as neighbors and friends - bonds of family, culture, commerce, and common humanity. This engagement includes the contributions of Cuban Americans, who have done so much for our country and who care deeply about their loved ones in Cuba.

Today, we offer condolences to Fidel Castro's family, and our thoughts and prayers are with the Cuban people. In the days ahead, they will recall the past and also look to the future. As they do, the Cuban people must know that they have a friend and partner in the United States of America."

This was the perfect diplomatic statement put out by our president. It neither praised nor denigrated castro, but acknowledged the complexity of the issue for cuba. The mic dropped after this. Everyone else can shutbthe fuck up and move right on down the yellow brick rd

Yeah Cleve along the lines of some people in Germany liked Hitler and some didn't. I'd say mostly the Jews didn't.

Mostly the people that Castro butchered raped tortured stole their property and threw in political prison )and keeps them there to this day) are among the ones who don't love him as much as those of you on the American left.

Just a guess.

WSS

Sending gays to labor camps isn't a black and white issue? I mean. I'm a liberal, but that seems pretty black and white to me.

Was it all that long ago our cj system looked the other way when some ole boys got drunk and beat some fags up? Look at how people here glow about how russia is treating gays now....we support regimes in africa who treat gays almost worse than isis.

Yeah Cleve along the lines of some people in Germany liked Hitler and some didn't. I'd say mostly the Jews didn't.

Mostly the people that Castro butchered raped tortured stole their property and threw in political prison )and keeps them there to this day) are among the ones who don't love him as much as those of you on the American left.

Just a guess.

WSS

Did castro try to take over the world? Comparing him to hitler is Retarded

Phony hypocrite ( as well as lying murdering torturing dictator):

Inside Fidel Castro’s life of luxury and ladies while country starved

With his shaggy beard and rumpled, olive-drab fatigues, Fidel Castro presented himself to the world as a modest man of the people.

At times, he claimed he made just 900 pesos ($43) a month and lived in a “fisherman’s hut” somewhere on the beach.

But Castro’s public image was a carefully crafted myth, more fiction than fact.

“While his people suffered, Fidel Castro lived in comfort — keeping everything, including his eight children, his many mistresses, even his wife, a secret,” wrote Juan Reinaldo Sanchez, Castro’s longtime bodyguard.

Sanchez’s book, “The Double Life of Fidel Castro: My 17 Years as Personal Bodyguard to El Líder Maximo,” describes his former boss’ hidden life of political ruthlessness, mistresses and greed.

Castro, who died Friday night at 90, made a personal fortune offering safe haven to drug traffickers, bedded a bevy of women over the decades, and once threatened his own brother, Raul, with execution when the brother lapsed into alcoholism in the ’90s, Sanchez’s book reveals.

Castro kept 20 luxurious properties throughout the Caribbean nation, including his own island, accessed via a yacht decorated entirely in exotic wood imported from Angola, Sanchez wrote.

Taking control of Cuba on New Year’s Day 1959, after his guerrilla army routed the quarter-century-long dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista, Castro vowed that unlike his hated predecessor, he’d share the nation’s wealth with its poorest citizens.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/27/inside-fidel-castros-life-of-luxury-and-ladies-while-country-starved/

I am trying to understand your love of Castro and Che.

Not love, understanding. Ive taken tje time to learn for myself what was going on in cuba, and south america as a whole, during those decades. During our revolution the british press treated the revolutionaries almost identically. The liberal press hailed them as new world heroes and the conservative press mocked them for on one hand demanding liberty yet were the biggest slave drivers in the known world.

And to be clear, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that the colonies were subjected to by the british remotely compared to the corruption of the batista regime and its affiliation and almost subservience to the american mafia. All of u right wing gun owners here would foam at the mouth if our govt, at the behest of foreign entities....was up to the same business. And you would do no less than many of the south american revolutionaries that you chirp at from your current coddled nest of western comfort.

This doesnt mean that i agree with absolutely everything che and castro did, but i have enough knowledge of history and analytical depth to understand this is the history of man on this planet. When one group of people overcome oppression they often become the oppressors themselves.

What kills me is how the events surrounding the siege of canaan and their subsequent enslavement is the genesis of 3 distinct yet equally false religions. This event is considered ordained by a made up god so its fine. But others can do exactly the same and often for vastly more noble and valid reasons, yet they are labeled as murderous thiefs and tyrants.

let's go with this-

Cleve can use his dreamland excuses for Charles Manson, any serial kiler,

the list is long.

pretty messed up for a "look at me I'm special Cleve" take.

We hated Castro. We were fine with Pinochet, the Shah, Sadaam Hussein (at least until he went rogue,

then---not so much).

The U.S. seems to have selective outrage when it comes to murderous dictators.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that Castro was allowing the Soviet Union to place missile silos 90 miles from the United States?

We also hated Hitler and Tojo but didn't seem to mind Stalin.

Somebody mentioned the American Revolution but that was just a case of the 1% here deciding they shouldn't have to send tax money to King George.

WSS

So the soviets were being unreasonable when they objected to our surrounding them essentially with missile bases in eastern euro countries, but as soon as that was turned on us it was blockade time which damn near kicked off ww3

If Cuba had been in the Baltic Sea, the Soviets would have created a blockade. Geography and circumstances favored the U.S.

Archived