THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I hate to say it, but we were RIGHT there in this game. What killed us was Pryor getting tackled on that bomb. I'm not BLAMING Pryor of course, but if he JUST slips that tackle somehow, he goes for a 96 yard TD and that defensive TD never happens. It's stuff like that. We simply can't make "the play", and avoid the "awful play". Our defense was hanging. We got hands on footballs. Just couldn't make it happen on offense...and we had LOTS of chances.

There were about three or four plays that defined the game, as usual, and they went against us, as usual - Crowell's fumble, McCown's fumble, Pryor not quite being able to break free for the TD - that's 21 points.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This young, undermanned team

see this is where i have problems with this fan thinking.

:THIS YOUNG AND UNDERMANNED TEAM."

uhhhhh, who's fault is that? did the nfl just fly over cleveland and baby drop shit into the locker room or did someone in the front office pick and choose this young and undermanned team?

c'mon man is right. not every team that sucks and brings in a new regime blows for an 0-16 season. the browns have become complacent with being the doormat of the afc. and fans that keep saying it's 3 years down the road. it's a 5 year plan.

go fuck yourselves. the giants fans i watched the game with yesterday could care less about a time frame for us. they won. we suck. next!

I've been pretty hard on Dead Boddie, but he impressed me today, had a pretty decent game.

The defense stepped it up, there was a brief illusion of progress. You can't hang this loss on them. But- nice job Horton putting a linebacker on Beckham near the goal line. Beyond stupid.

And it wasn't just Boddy... I think Cam may have played his best game as a Brown. Not exactly a high bar, but he seemed to be in the hunt for that "honor".

As for Kirksey on OBJ... it's up to the players on the field to adjust (or call a time out, if necessary), if a mismatch presents itself.

I hate to say it, but we were RIGHT there in this game.

Yes, we were...

uhhhhh, who's fault is that? did the nfl just fly over cleveland and baby drop shit into the locker room or did someone in the front office pick and choose this young and undermanned team?

c'mon man is right. not every team that sucks and brings in a new regime blows for an 0-16 season. the browns have become complacent with being the doormat of the afc. and fans that keep saying it's 3 years down the road. it's a 5 year plan.

go fuck yourselves. the giants fans i watched the game with yesterday could care less about a time frame for us. they won. we suck. next!

It is what it is. Yeah, the front office is responsible, I totally get that.

They aren't responsible for Bitonio going down, basically killing our O line. They are responsible, or maybe Hue, in trotting out Cam Erving at center every week.

My fan thinking isn't wrong. Believe me, I'm not happy, once again our tailgate was better than rhe game.

Watching this as long as I have, this is as bad as 1975, & 1990. Probably 2000 also.

They aren't responsible for Bitonio going down, basically killing our O line. They are responsible, or maybe Hue, in trotting out Cam Erving at center every week.

My fan thinking isn't wrong. Believe me, I'm not happy, once again our tailgate was better than rhe game.

Watching this as long as I have, this is as bad as 1975, & 1990. Probably 2000 also.

#s and 'analytics say this is the worse team in browns history, and they've been around since the 1800s.

bitonio is one guy. where's the depth?

exactly. thank you FO. THE FO is responsible (name any GM) for this team being shit since it's '99 redeux.

oh, baloney. THIS FO has not been around for years. "The Browns" have changed

fo's, changed coaches, changed qb.s..

it's the stupid drafting in previous years, most of them, btw, that failed to build the Browns into a winning contender

every year.

Now, the Browns are on the right path, and it helps that a few players were great picks. At least stop the nonsense blaming

until Hue and co, and the fo has a second turn at the draft.

I get the venting about the past, but putting on the current Browns org is really dumb.

The Browns have been a jigsaw puzzle, with different puzzles' pieces. Just impossible.

Now, I see them as having only the right pieces on the board, and the picture is half? done.

You just refuse to go rabid hater until you see the rest of the jigsaw puzzle put together.

I mean, dammit, the Browns pitiful history for years is HISTORY. NOT THE CURRENT AFFAIRS.

They started off doing the right things. It doesn't happen in just one year - but it never happens

when you start off again and again and again doing the wrong things. THAT is the past.

heh heh heh....facking dumb brocolli iq browns mgmt....hope they showed taylor gabriel rip apart the cards defense on the big screen at the stadium on sunday...heh heh heh...fucking dumbass chachi and lamebrane....wonder what halshit is thinking...thanks to him, the falcons have shanny, who is fucking awesome, mack blowing people 5 yds back, and now taylor ripping apart the nfl....heh heh heh....guess we did not need those folks..heh heh heh...

True, with Hogan in we will most likely lose. With McCown in, we will most likely lose. One of these QBs has the potential to develop, and the other is 37 years old. Pick your poison, neither QB gives us a decent chance to win but I would like to see what we have on the bench.

we still have robert gimpeth on the bench....you want to talk about a loser....this is where our head jackass coach is...he wanted him so much he was cumming in his pants over the thought...pffffffft...yeah, how dat work out for ya baby huey....

There's always Terrelle Pryor! But I doubt he will be a Brown next year He's frustrated and now he's calling out the Coaches and the FO for not drafting an Oline. Yep, Pryor isn't a "yes man" so you can bet he's gone next year. Hope I'm wrong because he really is turning into a stud receiver. I doubt even Odell could put up numbers from the likes of Kessler, McCown, Whitehurst, like Pryor.

He's a real gem and too good for this crap the Browns are dishing out every week!

cmon man, we had cleeepsboard jeeeesus for a game...that in itself makes my season...heheheheheeeee....he is a righteous dude and very cool.....

it's the stupid drafting in previous years, most of them, btw, that failed to build the Browns into a winning contender

every year.

Now, the Browns are on the right path, and it helps that a few players were great picks. At least stop the nonsense blaming

I get the venting about the past, but putting on the current Browns org is really dumb.

The Browns have been a jigsaw puzzle, with different puzzles' pieces. Just impossible.

Now, I see them as having only the right pieces on the board, and the picture is half? done.

You just refuse to go rabid hater until you see the rest of the jigsaw puzzle put together.

I mean, dammit, the Browns pitiful history for years is HISTORY. NOT THE CURRENT AFFAIRS.

They started off doing the right things. It doesn't happen in just one year - but it never happens

when you start off again and again and again doing the wrong things. THAT is the past.

yeah,,,right...was it dumbass sashi or chachi as i call him and the other lamebrane that got rid of taylor gabriel...the falcons got him just about for free and he is better than any wr we have including pryor...this kid knocked a 250 lb linebacker on his fucking ass sunday let alone blast thru the cards d...this kid, if he plays like he has been playing for the last4-5 weeks could possibly make the probowl...yeah this is history alright again and again and again....

every year.

homer. homer. homer.

i get the glass half full fan that you are but when do you hold someone accountable? last year, ten years ago or yesterday? 14 picks CAL. 14 picks and people are hanging their hats on 3 guys MAYBE being good enough moving forward.

i'm not BITCHING, i'm stating fact. if it was your macdonalds franchise that was losing money compared to the other 5 in your district and you knew it was because junior can't make the fries correct you just leave him in rotation or do you fire his dumb ass?

14 picks of shit. this coming draft is the make or break of this regime, that's my point. don't like seeing people lose their jobs but when the dollar is the bottom line as it is will most biz owners and your clients are screaming that you are putting out a shit product what do you think is gonna happen?

If we think Joel Bitonio is the answer go back and watch the early tape from this year.

I was there.....bitchin about it....:)

He was our top preseason receiver....and his #'s were equal to all 4 rookies combined.....

And I questioned it and was shot down immediately......toild Higgins and Payton were WAY better...he sucked, etc etc etc...

Look it up.....:)

it's easier to be a wr when you have the oline intact, a qb, and other wr's to take away

attention from you.

if he were here, he still wouldn't be a star. Higgins could have been the same thing to them.

if the Falcons had drafted Higgins, and he did the same thing, it would be "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! the stupid

Browns kept Gabriel, and the Falcons got Higgins !"

Maybe Gabriel wanted to go play for a winner, and nobody would trade him. Maybe whining doesn't fix anything.

Things change when a player gets cut. Who knows? He had been with the Browns...how often did he make big plays and

win games for the Browns?

He had been with the Browns...how often did he make big plays and

Compared to the 4 that were just drafted, Cal?......cause his rookie year was more than those 4 will have combined....

and, this preseason he had as many catches as all 4 combined(again)....

So, it's not about whether he's a superstar Cal....it's about whether he deserved to make this team over those that beat him out....(he did)....he earned it on the field.....plain and simple....

But....as we all know.....you will offer zero critical thinking to anything this team...coach or FO does.....it's all perrfect...i get it...

Oh...and Ill add he was a very good KR and PR.....last year we avg'd 25 yrds per kick return....this year? just 17....(and we have the same terrible drop in our punt return avgs...coulda helped there too)

So...yeah....smart move cutting the top producing receiver from camp and one of the only people who could also return....fecking brilliant....(Louis is tearing it up....aint he?....)

Enjoy sure hands Payton(the one who shouldve been cut)....and his 1 catch and zero yards, zero TDs and zero returns....

So.....sorry Tour...said it anyway.....

And its not that Im mad about Gabriel, per se.....he's just "another" example of what I see as a bad move that seems so obvious, yet no one seems to care or worry....... and all just say "we're rebuilding"...blah blah blah.....as if "rebuilding" means anything and everything is ok.....

Well be fine w/o Gabe....just need to point to bad choice after bad choice.....wrong players picked/starting/cut/etc....keeps happening...

he's a veteran. The others are rookies. I never said perfect, I said on the right track.

but as a rookie, I'm sure you knew he was a star.

"He made his NFL debut on September 7, 2014 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, recording one reception and 5 receiving yards."

Big whoopee. I got yer critical thinking right here, you're just critically flinching.

Look who he's playing with, Mudly.

and, you know where Atlanta is in rushing touchdowns?

fifth. That helps the passing game too.

1 Buffalo 327 1731 5.3 75 20 157.4 10 2 2

Dallas 363 1730 4.8 60 19 157.3 5 1 3

Carolina 306 1204 3.9 47 14 109.5 3 3 4

New England 319 1274 4.0 44 13 115.8 7 2 5

Atlanta 279 1192 4.3 48 12 108.4 1 0

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingTouchdowns

that's Mud on the Tires. :)

he's a veteran. The others are rookies. I never said perfect, I said on the right track.

but as a rookie, I'm sure you knew he was a star.

Big whoopee. I got yer critical thinking right here, you're just critically flinching.

Look who he's playing with, Mudly.

•  

He did better as a Brown, than he is doing in Atlanta Cal.....

As a rookie, he had 36 catches for 621 yards and, while we didnt call him a star, we did call him a great find! (not hearing that about anybody now tho)

so...his rookie year was better than all 4 rookies we drafted this year.....and he wasnt even drafted or a starter....he did it in a backup role...

Has nothing to do with "who he's playing with"......

Annd Cal....Im still waiting for that big improvement you promised me since preseason....the gelling....and the "fun to watch".....and all those guaranteed wins....

Still waiting....and until it happens....nothing else matters....

it's easier to be a wr when you have the oline intact, a qb, and other wr's to take away

attention from you.

if he were here, he still wouldn't be a star. Higgins could have been the same thing to them.

if the Falcons had drafted Higgins, and he did the same thing, it would be "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! the stupid

Browns kept Gabriel, and the Falcons got Higgins !"

Maybe Gabriel wanted to go play for a winner, and nobody would trade him. Maybe whining doesn't fix anything.

Things change when a player gets cut. Who knows? He had been with the Browns...how often did he make big plays and

QB Cal, we TWICE had a QB to put the ball on the spot to keep Gabe at full speed(4.4 speed)..May I raise you a Willie Sneed? The deep ball i get, we never had a bucket thrower either..but when i watch the same design plays that our QB's would get Gabe & Benji & Hawk killed on vs. the Saints & Atlanta.. our quality of play set-up & predictability would get us no where but laid out. Never had a Josh Gordon to take some heat off both of them either..Pryor with "A QB"? WOW on Sundays

Great point Gumby.....because Coleman, Payton, Higgins and Louis all have Pryor to draw the primary coverage and free them up some......first time thats been the case since Gordon...

Yet.....no ones stepping up and out.....Oh Corey?....hellooo?......you there???

If we think Joel Bitonio is the answer go back and watch the early tape from this year.

Well our running game was fine the first 4 or 5 weeks before he went down. The running game has been horrid since.

And, interestingly enough, the same happened in 2014 when Mack went down......and got worse when Bito went down....

Then....they were dismal in 2015 and the thought was Mack & Bito hadnt returned to form or fully recovered....

Then...this year....Bito was back strong, but we lost Mack(again) and Schwartz////

Now.....there are 2 common themes here....make it 3......

1) It's the NFL and players get hurt...."plan on it".....

2) We only have a few good linemen, so it hurts when they go down....

3) We have zero depth......(zero)....therefore, we did not "plan on it" (see #1)

Things change when a player gets cut. Who knows? He had been with the Browns...how often did he make big plays and win games for the Browns?

Likely answer is not as often as he should have been given the opportunity to... Seems like most of his big plays ended with him on the ground trying to adjust to poorly thrown balls.

Gabe was buried pretty deep in our depth chart and used primarily as a deep threat. D's tend to notice that and, just as was the case with Benji, shut him down. Also just as with Benji he has had to develop other routes to be effective going deep.

The two quick screens Gabe took to the house yesterday were magical. I can't recall him being targeted by one in his time here, but then he only had one year under young Shanny. This just in: It turns out that kid is a pretty good OC.

So.....sorry Tour...said it anyway.....

I'll let it go this time... with this reminder... I was in favor of cutting Hawk loose and keeping the younger Gabe.

Sometimes if I'd turn the page, it'd save me some typing...

3) We have zero depth......(zero)....therefore, we did not "plan on it" (see #1)

We have better OL depth than we've had in years. Its problem has been the depth has been injured and it has had to start.

Our overall weakness is better attributed to the failure of two starters to emerge and/or stay healthy: Cam and Shon. I still have hope for one of them.

Sometimes if I'd turn the page, it'd save me some typing...

We have better OL depth than we've had in years. Its problem has been the depth has been injured and it has had to start.

Our overall weakness is better attributed to the failure of two starters to emerge and/or stay healthy: Cam and Shon. I still have hope for one of them.

I'ts good to have hope Tour, because with Greco out- Griffin won't last a game. Just MHO.

Archived