THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

Trubisky would be a great pick, the kid thrives in the spotlight. Only knock is he's been a spread QB all through middle school, high school and college. Getting under center shouldn't be a problem for him.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trubisky would be a great pick, the kid thrives in the spotlight. Only knock is he's been a spread QB all through middle school, high school and college. Getting under center shouldn't be a problem for him.

Sounds like Goff........

May I hide behind the chainsaws before the defenses running through our stellar OL ripe him to shreds with them? Because without an OL he will just be another QB casualty losing all confidence in his first year with this team. Have we learned nothing at all this year from this rotating QB mutilation machine we have assembled?

I like what I've seen of Trubisky, I love the fact that he has mobility yet is NOT a "running QB". That being said, he (as is ANY QB we might add) is a dead man unless we improve the O line. We have some injured players coming back, some young potential, but adding a young vet OL or two through trade would be nice. I won't mention free agents as our chance of landing a good one is practically nil & I do NOT want to overpay for a dollar seeker on the down swing...we've seen the results of that thinking before.

Personally, I don't think Trubisky or any other QB in this draft is worthy of the #1 pick but IF the powers that be want him bad enough & want to make that "reach", then they better be able to protect him AND generate a running game. Even inserting a GOOD QB into the current OL situation will spell disaster...for the QB AND our draft.

Mike

Sounds like Goff........

Most of you have only seen him in college, I have been watching him since he was in youth football, the kid can play. He has excelled at every level and no stage was ever too big for him.

Most of you have only seen him in college, I have been watching him since he was in youth football, the kid can play. He has excelled at every level and no stage was ever too big for him.

I don't even know what he looks like, much less seen him play. I was just pointing out that Goff was never asked to go under center either, and the Goats didn't think that would be a big deal when they selected their shiny new toy.... They were wrong.

The dislike for Cody Kessler. He's not the sexy stat quarterback that everybody envisions you should have. I was 100% on board with Hugh Jackson until the third quarter against the Baltimore Ravens. The way he benched Kessler was absolutely ridiculous. Kessler was trending in the correct direction stat-wise but obviously was just a case where the quarterback gets way too much credit for win loss column. I mean honestly the Steelers game was Kessler's only real dud this season. And up until the Steelers game his stats were somewhat on par with even some of the best in the game minus the win-loss column obviously.

I'm not saying Kessler is a franchise quarterback but a guy to bridge the gap and even take some tension off of next year to Not freak out panic and take a quarterback in the first just because the media hype some some unknown from anywhere. And I know that scares people to not taking a quarterback with the first round next year but in my opinion getting onto positional players with the first round picks are going to help this team more than any quarterback coming out next year. And the durability issue is way overblown. Kessler is a game manager McCown is the closest thing to an Iron Man in the NFL and RG3 is the dynamic dual threat quarterback and all three have managed to be injured behind this offensive line. So what quarterback are the Browns going to take that's going to prevent injury to the quarterback?

i have heard his name being brought up for over a month now and as i said in a different thread he has only started around 10 games so take that for what it is worth,after watching kessler get sacked by what looked to me like a strong wind we need someone who can stand in there so i could give a fuck if we use the first overall pick philly's or are second rounder if that is the direction they want to go in,,,,we need a fucking qb

Qb is far far from being this teams problem at the moment. Tom Brady would look like hot garbage and Bret Favre would be on IR with this offensive line and talent at playmaker positions.

You wanna talk about falling over with stiff breeze when your starting RB falls over when a guy siting on the bench even thinks about tackling him. Seriously crowell looks like a video game glitch when running the ball. Hes about the closest thing to two hand touch as u get.

Qb is far far from being this teams problem at the moment. Tom Brady would look like hot garbage and Bret Favre would be on IR with this offensive line and talent at playmaker positions.

You wanna talk about falling over with stiff breeze when your starting RB falls over when a guy siting on the bench even thinks about tackling him. Seriously crowell looks like a video game glitch when running the ball. Hes about the closest thing to two hand touch as u get.

Except you can't prove any of that at all, so...

I like Cody Kessler, I really do. I think he's a tough kid who has gotten some bad breaks. Both of his concussions were total crap. He got kneed in the head on one, and the other was a personal foul that should've cleared the benches. It hurt my heart when nobody came to his defense. If someone did that to Tom Brady, you can bet your ass that a Tomahawk missile would've been immediately called down by satellite. In addition to the entire team running out to kill the offending player.

When he had SOME time to throw, I actually thought Cody was the guy. I thought he had enough skill and moxie to lead our team. But you know what? He can't be the QB for our team, and the reason doesn't have anything to do with throwing the football. It has to do with his lack of foot speed and elusiveness. Cody simply isn't a good enough athlete to avoid pressure, and apparently, that's the number one skill a Browns QB needs to have. How many times did Cody barely get hit and go down? How many times did it look like he could've run for a few yards, only to get dragged down? Cody can't outrun anybody, and he's not strong enough to withstand the smallest pressure. Josh McCown obviously didn't set the world on fire, and that turnover was pure awful, but his one TD drive got us back into the game. It was all of the sudden a one score game. Had Haden not acted like a complete ASSHOLE and held Antonio, we'd actually have THE LEAD. Think about that for a moment. Anyways, back to Josh's TD drive. How many plays did he use his strength and agility to buy time? Like...4? In one drive? All plays that Cody couldn't make because he's so slow.

Mitch isn't "Mr. Athlete", but I have to say....he looks faster than Cody, no matter what their 40 times are. Mitch actually looks to run, and I think he had about 55 yards rushing last game. Obviously that's not a ton, but if he was sacked, those yards would've come off the total, so he probably had more.

The problem with Mitch is...where the hell do you draft him? Can you use the precious overall #1 pick on him? Do you try and gamble by picking Garrett or Allen first, and then PRAYING Mitch is somehow there with your second 1st rounder, or hope you can trade up? I doubt it. It's VERY early, but the way it looks right now, if Browns want Mitch, they're going to have to take him #1. You can't trade back because you'd be taking the chance that another team would make a play for him. We don't have the luxury of missing out on the QB we want (if reports are true, obviously). One one hand, it would feel simply amazing to get the QB we want, and possibly the QB of our next 12 years, but on the other hand, we'd be losing out on a blue chip pass rusher...something we need as bad as our QB.

We basically need the first two picks, and that's obviously not happening.

He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

Don't know if it's totally legal, but if the Browns have the first overall, wink-wink. Declare and we're going to draft you.

He has no pocket awareness, the ball floats, not one sharp pass....ever.....have you watched him?....

Again....since this IS a post about Tribisky (now I am going to misspell it on purpose).....what we see out of him....at least what I have seen.....are sharp passes every one....except those where some subtle touch is required...and he has been able to do that as well.

QB may not be the worst situation we have on this team.....but the fact is that if you earn the #1 overall pick in the draft....that puts you in prime position to take the best QB to come out in the last two years at least.

IMO, Tribusky is superior talent to Goff/Wentz/Lynch. He is more favorable with Winston and Mari-OTAH. So, even though we need OL/DBs etc. like hell.....you ONLY get your franchise QB by going big...and #1 overall is the biggest way you can do it.

More better known?

More better?

Both. (people never heard of Wentz...and Goff was being touted as maybe just a 2d/3rd rounder)

As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

It will require #1 overall to get him...not a mid 1st round pick. Look who would be drafting behind us: 49ers....maybe don't need...but may want a QB. Bears....would grab him in a heartbeat. Jets...the same. Bills probably would too. Saints would take him as heir apparent to Brees. Chargers the same for Rivers. We would never come close if we waited.

He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

Reports are that the Browns really like him. He wants to play for the Browns he has said. If the Browns want him, and he wants the Browns.....and if he would be the #1 overall pick of the draft.....do you really think he would contemplate not coming out?

Hello! Be a Vulcan and use a little logic.

Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

I'm with you

Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

Most scouting services have him, RIGHT NOW....as a Top Ten pick....the best QB that could come out in the draft. Even if his experience is limited, his skill is first rate enough to give him that rating.

Plus, remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders, yet they went 1-2 (and imo aren't as good)

So, even if you think he may currently be overvalued....it will be nothing compared to what happened last year.

Here are the current rankings of some scouting services of Trubisky:

CBS: #1 QB #6 overall

Walter Football #2 QB (Kizer)

Bleacher Report: #1 QB #1 overall

SI: #3 ranked QB

DraftTek: #1 QB #6 overall

Kiper: #1 QB #14 overall

I have seen a couple of services who did not put a single QB in as a first rounder. (That happened this time last year....and look what happened)

Unfortunately, that's what we're going to see more and more of.

Coaches at the NCAA level want to win, not groom their players for the NFL. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna be nabbing 90% of the best prospects in the nation. Therefore, you have to tailor your offense to hot, nasty, badass speed.

Gone are the days when we see a four-year starter in a pro-style offense. Luck was probably the last one we'll see....and he's not exactly grabbing the league by the pussy right now.

Trubisky has transferrable skills - strong arm, quick decision making more often than not, mobile enough to extend plays, relatively careful with the football. And he's doing it against top talent while not exactly having the strongest offensive players on his side. That's where the appeal comes from.

Unfortunately, that's what we're going to see more and more of.

Coaches at the NCAA level want to win, not groom their players for the NFL. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna be nabbing 90% of the best prospects in the nation. Therefore, you have to tailor your offense to hot, nasty, badass speed.

Gone are the days when we see a four-year starter in a pro-style offense. Luck was probably the last one we'll see....and he's not exactly grabbing the league by the pussy right now.

Trubisky has transferrable skills - strong arm, quick decision making more often than not, mobile enough to extend plays, relatively careful with the football. And he's doing it against top talent while not exactly having the strongest offensive players on his side. That's where the appeal comes from.

Oh, I completely understand how the college game is going, although I would disagree with your view on the four year starter, Luck assessment but that's a different discussion for a different day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Mitch is straight up trash or anything like that. He very well could be all he's cracked up to be. I'm just hesitant due to the playing time, which I believe there is a statistical correlation to future success, and the lack of disagreement or nitpicking of his skillset. Obviously it's still early and draft season hasn't kicked into full gear so that's to be expected.

This will probably sound like an irrational issue to have, but I've been reading and posting to this board intermittently for a couple of years now and I can't recall a prospect, much less a QB prospect, that has seemed to have this much support or interest around here. Again, I realize it's still early and the camp's inhabitants will change, but it seems like less than a week ago, most were on board with going with Garrett, Allen or just D in general. I'm sure our recent QB play is a bit of an influence as well but I feel like I'm missing something here.

Archived