THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the Browns Win Tonight

One Post

Eh....Ravens are coming off a HUGE win against a division rival, and they know the division is ripe for the taking. That's what makes our awful season even that more abysmal. If we were just AVERAGE on defense, we'd literally be in contention. Laugh all you want, but look at the members of our division and then look at their records.

Here's my question as it relates to talent: If we don't have elite talent on offense, and we don't have elite talent on defense.....then why is our defense essentially ranked LAST in every category, while our offense is ranked somewhere in the middle on most things? I mean, we've started how many different QB's? Besides Pryor, who else do we have that other teams would want? Sure, there'd be interest in Duke and Crow, obviously Thomas, but we don't have a ton of talent. It's not like our offense is THAT much more talented than our defense, so with that said, WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM? You can't say injuries because we've lost people on both sides. Has the offense been good? Hell no, it's been subpar at best. The ONLY thing I can think of is that we've been down in so many games that our offense buoyed its numbers by trying to score late against soft "prevent" defenses.

But that's not all of it...it can't be. I want answers as to why our defense can't generate pressure. Why we can't stop anybody on 3rd down. Why we can't hold people to FG's, or generate ANY TURNOVERS. I really, REALLY don't want to fire our defensive coordinator, I really don't, but SOMETHING is wrong and it can't be all about talent. Why the hell do we have so many "miscommunications"? Easy touchdowns caused by people just having brain farts? How many times have WE'VE scored because the other team did THAT? Yeah...exactly.

I want to see a better defensive effort, some turnovers, maybe some sacks. I want to see THEIR quarterback get hit as much as ours. For once.

To answer your question jiggins: I think it is at least 75% bad coaching. Sure, these are young...and possibly not very good players.

But out of like 8-10 draft picks from the last 2 years starting on defense, can they all have been so bad talentwise? I don't think so.

Bad coaching, bad coaching, bad coaching.

Have to stash mt AFCN pick somewhere for the record since Zoey seems to be busy today so...

CLE @ BLT (-10)

• BLT's D is 2nd vs. the run and 7th vs. the pass. When we can't run, we can't compete and score. And since we lost Bito excepting the Cinci game, we haven't been able to run.
  • As other point out BLT's O is nothing to write home about. They can't run period (28th in the league), but they can pass (20th) and put up their only 300 yard air effort in our first meeting.

First time around they won 25-20. This time it won't be so close and ten points is just not quite enough.

Prediction: BLT 27 CLE 16

One man's opinion Thursday Night Football edition. ........

Presidential campaign ads. Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials. Reruns of Gilligan’s Island. It’s difficult to think of worst TV than watching the Browns, but here they are on Thursday night. Baltimore is 14-2 versus Cleveland in the Joe Flacco era.

The Browns have surrendered 25 or more points in all nine of their games. They are 4-15 ATS in their past 19 games, with one of those non-covers occurring in Week 2 when the Browns blew a 20-0 lead in a 25-20 loss to Baltimore. Cleveland’s defense is slightly upgraded after trading a draft choice to the Patriots for linebacker Jamie Collins. The Browns did upset the Ravens last year in Baltimore. Flacco has thrown multiple touchdown passes in just five of his last 18 games....

4-15 ATS? Screw that take the BROWNS +11 for a bundle and then party like it's 1999. While you're at it put some on the OVER 45 and pay the overdue mortgage why not hey Trump is the President elect and nobody saw that one coming either! ;)

One man's opinion Thursday Night Football edition. ........

Presidential campaign ads. Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials. Reruns of Gilligan’s Island. It’s difficult to think of worst TV than watching the Browns, but here they are on Thursday night. Baltimore is 14-2 versus Cleveland in the Joe Flacco era.

The Browns have surrendered 25 or more points in all nine of their games. They are 4-15 ATS in their past 19 games, with one of those non-covers occurring in Week 2 when the Browns blew a 20-0 lead in a 25-20 loss to Baltimore. Cleveland’s defense is slightly upgraded after trading a draft choice to the Patriots for linebacker Jamie Collins. The Browns did upset the Ravens last year in Baltimore. Flacco has thrown multiple touchdown passes in just five of his last 18 games....

4-15 ATS? Screw that take the BROWNS +11 for a bundle and then party like it's 1999. While you're at it put some on the OVER 45 and pay the overdue mortgage why not hey Trump is the President elect and nobody saw that one coming either! ;)

Unless I go to the dungeon, I will have to watch Project Runway instead.

Why the Browns Win Tonight

...well, because Thursday nights have sometimes been kind to us.

The most memorable one being when Josh Cribbs almost single handedly beat the Steelers.

C'mon Browns. Make it tonight. Center stage. Wearing white. Thursday night. End the 0-16 talk!

Remember, when the Browns were 0 and whatever in 1999 their first victory came over the rival Steelers that year. Perhaps our victory this year will also be over a rival.

I think that was our 2nd win that season no? The first was on Halloween against the shitty Saints on a hail mary.

Browns will score points tonight on this short week. Hue knows them well and will design to get us down the field and scoring points. Think it'll be a high scoring game because it'll have to be as we can't defend

Hey One Post I hope I am wrong to but we shall see. This team have not given us a reason to be positive. I can't get over how many season ticket holders are selling their tickets to fans of other teams and it is going to be even more shitty if they sell them to Pisspuke fans

Ya I was wrong again.

Also I got called into work because a shift manager I have is a dolt.

Archived