THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Ravens Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our Cleveland Browns are in Baltimore, Maryland, to play the Ravens for Thursday Night Football. Both the Cleveland and Baltimre are coming off games last Sunday, the Browns losing 35-10 to the Cowboys, while the Ravens won 21-14 over the Steelers.

Cleveland and Baltimore also are coming from their short practice week, to prepare, adjust, and accomodate for the NFL's Network weekly Thursday Night Football coverage, in both teams 36th all-time regular season meeting.

Tonight's is also the NFL Nike Color Rush Uniforms game on Thursday Night Football, as the Ravens will dress in all purple jerseys and pants, while the Browns are wear in their white jerseys and pants.

Baltimore earlier this season upset Cleveland at FirstEnergy Stadium earlier this season by the score of 25-20 back on September 18. Browns scored the first 20 points of the game before the end of the first quarter, but the Ravens scored 25 unanswered points the rest of the game beginning with a defensive two-point conversion, after Corey Coleman's second touchdown pass from Josh McCown both with 4:34 remaining in the first quarter on, with two field goals by the Ravens Justin Tucker from 41 and 49 yards to take the lead in the fourth quarter, to win 25-20 in Cleveland, back on September 18.

Browns have upset the Ravens in two of the three recent and previous road games in Baltimore. Browns QB Jason Campbell three three touchdowns passes, from 1 yards and 20 yards to Davone Bess, and a 4-yard TD pass to Gary Barnidge, along with a 22-yard FG by Billy Cundiff and his three PAT's, to help Cleveland defeat Baltimore 24-18 back on November 3, 2013, at Manufacturers And Trust Bank Stadium.

Browns kicker Travis Coons, kicked the 22-yard, game winning field goal, to break a 30-30 tie in regulation, and with 6:43 remaining in overtime, to help Cleveland upset Baltimore 33-30 in their most recent visit to Maryland back on October 11, 2015.

Baltimore though has won the last two games over Cleveland, and leads the all-time regular season series after 35 games with 26 wins and 9 losses, a rivalry that began win the Ravens defeated the Browns in their first game 17-10 in Cleveland, back on September 26, 1999.

Jim Nantz and former Moorehead State, and New York Giant QB Phil Simms, are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, simuilcast live over-the-air in the Cleveland, Ohio area on WKYC NBC Channel 4, internationally for The NFL Network, and through NFL Live on your mobile devices through Verizon, live on HD.

Both the Browns and Ravens, along with the 30 other NFL teams, may and are voluntarily wearing authentic NFL apparel and equipment, both on the playing field, and in their sidelines tonight, to recognize our US military, active and retired, in the NFL's 'Salute To Service' campaign, and acknowlege Military Appreciation Month, throughout November.

Clear skies at 56 degrees, feels like 56 degrees inside Manufacturers And Trust Bank Stadium, for the 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 46% humidity, and west/southwestern winds at 5 miles per hour.

NO injuries, win your first game overall in 2016, for yourselves, and Head Coach Hue Jackson, and HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! ;):)B)^_^

Browns @ Ravens NFL Network Thursday Night Football Links:

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016111000/2016/REG10/browns@ravens#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.nfl.com/salute

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be tucked up in bed by the time bit starts, let alone finishes. Expecting to wake up to find a lump of coal instead of a present though. Ravens don't look so bad, although hopefully with dumervil not practising and maybe out, we might be able to move the ball on O. We will get destroyed on intermediate and deep passes though.

Ravens take this home game for granted and fumble bumble their way into a loss, screwing the Browns out of the #1 pick overall.

It could happen!

In an alternate universe it will be Browns in the bottom of the 4th 14-13 over the Ravens who are collectively quoted after the game, "Nevermore"

On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before.

Then the bird said “Nevermore.”
Edit: Click on the "Will the Browns get their first win?" Segment of Good Morning Football. They all think this is the one.

I believe their best guard, Yanda, is listed as doubtful, so I don't think we'll see him. He's their best offensive player, so that could be a nice break. We match up MUCH better with this team than we did last week, as the Ravens don't really have an offensive identity, and struggle to score the ball. In terms of the "winnable games" remaining, this one ranks towards the top (which is kind of sad, really).

The thing to watch is obviously going to be our young QB, Cody Kessler. Cody is "teetering" on the verge of being our "starting QB", and coach has publicly told him that he needs to score more points and take more deep shots down the field. I really wish Hue DIDN'T say that, because the Ravens have NINE interceptions this year, and Eric Weddle will be lurking down the field and waiting for Kessler to make a mistake. Publicly making that statement about Kessler was a calculated move by Hue, but I don't think it was smart. Why not just say it to him personally? Why add the extra stress? I don't get it. You want the QB to score more points, but I don't think Cody dropped the touchdown pass to Hawkins. I don't think he kicked the FG off the upright. I don't think he was out there on defense when we couldn't EVER get the ball back.

If you're expecting us to run the ball, you might want to get that taste out of your mouth. Crowell can't even get out of the backfield anymore, and that's NOT his fault. Losing Bitonio crushed us, and we're still reeling due to the presence (or lack of presence) of Erving. We won't be able to run the ball. The Ravens will probably play a ton of double coverage on Pryor, and if you're looking for a guy to make a play, I'd look for Coleman. I'd get him a couple of 3-6 yard easy patterns early, and then try him deep after his confidence is up. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Pryor back in the QB for A LOT of plays tonight. Hue will have some different wrinkle...bet on it.

What our team REALLY needs is a defensive or special teams touchdown. Remember being up 20-0 until they blocked the freaking extra point and ran it back? Many of us, including myself, knew at that point the game was over (for us). In fact, I believe I still have the text message saved that I sent to all my friends saying the Browns just lost the game, while leading 20-2. We need turnovers, big plays....DIFFERENCE MAKING PLAYS. SOMETHING. Don't put it all on our damn rookie QB.

Throwback thursday - to that time when we were about to go up 21-0, but the XP got blocked, meaning that at the end of the game instead of being down 23-21 and being able to knock in a field goal for the win, we're down 25-20 and need a TD. Good times.

Throwback thursday - to that time when we were about to go up 21-0, but the XP got blocked, meaning that at the end of the game instead of being down 23-21 and being able to knock in a field goal for the win, we're down 25-20 and need a TD. Good times.

And I'd LOVE to get back to the days of figuring out new ways to lose, instead of getting our asses handed to us. This is a vital part of the season right now. Are we going to fight and keep it close (or god forbid WIN), or are we just going to throw in the towel and get killed? EVERY team we play is fighting for these weird things called "playoffs". There are no games left that won't be meaningful (for the opposition).

Just thought of something. Even if we don't win, I want to see some more progress from our young guys, especially our defenders. Flacco isn't the fastest guy in the universe, and I think we can get some pressure on him, ESPECIALLY if Yanda is really out. We really need Ogbah and Nassib to get on a roll as the season ends. I realize the "rookie wall" looms large, but hopefully Nassib is rested due to hand surgery, and maybe Ogbah is just that much of a freak. I'd love to see Ogbah finish the season with 8 sacks...same with Nassib. They have one game each where they both get two, and that can jump start everything.

Nassib is really good at getting his hands on the ball. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to pick any of those deflections off. What we REALLY need is a pick 6 off a deflection. An easy, "here ya go!" present. We're freaking due.

These Thursday games are horrible quality, so I do expect a close game and hopefully a Browns win.

Minot correction on the first post- Browns wearing all white unis, not orange.

I watch all our games on gamepass but something I like about us being on the sports channel over here. The mauling we gave the Bengals in Cincinnati under Pettine was a good night. I was out for the game that night but this time I am at home and have just started on the beers, WOOF WOOF

I forgot about the game today - it's just hard to show much interest in the team this year.

Election Day burnout too? Hey the BROWNS are great prime time drama, must see TV.

BROWNS 30 Ravens 28, why not they're super due!

Tell me why after Boddy-Calhoun intercepted the ball it was placed on the one yard line? I didn't see him get touched? And why does Coleman get tackled and no flag? Do they hate us that much?

Seth Devalve scores! Time to replace Barnidge on my Fantasy teams! Demario Davis gets a sack! This is only my second time watching the Browns this year. Who is Demario Davis? Was he a free agent signing?

A lot of bullshit calls, and non calls, in favor of the Ratbirds tonight. The roughing call on Ogbah, that garbage against Campbell, and multiple missed interference calls ....

And yet, somehow, they're winning. Playing pretty clean tonight ... not a lot of ridiculous penalties like the Dallas game. Need to open the 2nd half with a TD.

Glad to see Collins making an impact.

Big check on Collins... and Kirksey is ballin'

Pryor has the fly, backshoulder and comeback down... how about a post or cross...

Kess seems a beat slow...

Cam had an epic whiff on an early run by Crow.

AND a Devalve sighting! Kid has decent speed... only wish he was a couple inches taller

Big check on Collins... and Kirksey is ballin'

Pryor has the fly, backshoulder and comeback down... how about a post or cross...

Kess seems a beat slow...

Cam had an epic whiff on an early run by Crow.

AND a Devalve sighting! Kid has decent speed... only wish he was a couple inches taller

And they talk about Kess and the deep ball. His deep ball seems to get where it needs to ... but for me, there is no zip on the ball. There just doesn't seem to be any velocity.

If they don't score here, it could get ugly.

Archived