THE BROWNS BOARD

30. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama (JR):

Solon16

between Taylor Mays, Safety from Tenn and Rolando....Rolando is my choice to start....OK lets get it all out of the way....he's not a fit in a 3-4, he's not smart enough, he's only a two-down linebacker, he has stiff hips, he isn't worth it at the spot we pick, what else???? bad character?

I'd like Rolando as my MIddle linebacker whatever the scheme and on any day! :)

between Taylor Mays, Safety from Tenn and Rolando....Rolando is my choice to start....OK lets get it all out of the way....he's not a fit in a 3-4, he's not smart enough, he's only a two-down linebacker, he has stiff hips, he isn't worth it at the spot we pick, what else???? bad character?

What are you talking about?

He's a beast....But Mays is still my #1. At 6'4" the guy is a freak.

mccain.jpg

The guy could blow out a knee or get caught banging the coaches daughter before next April how the hell could you even make an educated guess. Last year a few Jrs didn't declare and came back for their senior years and instead of being a top ten pick, they dropped to the bottom or the 1st round, or in the case of Laurinatis into the second round.

The guy could blow out a knee or get caught banging the coaches daughter before next April how the hell could you even make an educated guess. Last year a few Jrs didn't declare and came back for their senior years and instead of being a top ten pick, they dropped to the bottom or the 1st round, or in the case of Laurinatis into the second round.

That's right Solon! Shame on you for thinking ahead!! What right do you have?! Don't you know the world could end tomorrow?

Just more pretentiousness from the king of it.

Guest Aloysius

It should be interesting: on paper, we've filled DE as a potential draft need. But Corey Williams hasn't proven himself and the Coleman/Mosley combo may not be able to fill the other spot.

But even if it isn't a major need, "House of Spears" would be a great pick, provided he's able to match the success he had this year.

It should be interesting: on paper, we've filled DE as a potential draft need. But Corey Williams hasn't proven himself and the Coleman/Mosley combo may not be able to fill the other spot.

But even if it isn't a major need, "House of Spears" would be a great pick, provided he's able to match the success he had this year.

Hopefully Suh is gone before we pick. I think he and McCoy are probably top ten picks.

Guest Aloysius
A perfect 3-4 DE.

Do you like him better than McCoy? Or is it a toss up for you?

It's pretty close, but I like Suh better. At times, McCoy seems to be a little stiff and plays high. Suh definitely moves better, but he may not be as strong.

Guest Aloysius
Hopefully Suh is gone before we pick. I think he and McCoy are probably top ten picks.

True. And based on the obvious emphasis on character on high effort this past weekend, Mark Herzlich seems to be a good mid/late 1st round fit for what Mangini and Kokinis are trying to build here.

Guest Aloysius

Here's a great list of Brent "Sobo" Sobleski's top 30 prospects in 2010:

1. Gerald McCoy* DT Oklahoma

-- Completely disruptive force that could have easily been a top 5 selection in this year’s draft.

2. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

-- With another year in the weight room and a little more seasoning controlling the offense, Bradford has future no.1 overall written all over him.

3. Anthony Davis* OT Rutgers

-- Relative unknown who has dominated for the Scarlet Knights the past two years.

4. Dez Bryant* WR Oklahoma St .

-- The most explosive receiver in the country.

5. Eric Berry* S Tennessee

-- A defensive playmaker of the rarest kind.

6. Ndamukong Suh DE Nebraska

-- As a defensive lineman Suh lead his team in tackles, tackles for loss, and sacks. Plus at 6’4’ 300 lbs. he can play both DT and DE

7. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

-- If healthy this season, Hardy could have gone top 10. Arguably the best pure pass rusher in the nation right now.

8. Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky

-- Have not seen a smoother cover man in the nation over the past two seasons.

9. Sergio Kindle LB Texas

-- Perfect 34 outside linebacker candidate. Long, lean, and has a knack for getting to the QB.

10. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

-- All the tools to be considered a truly elite TE prospect.

11. Taylor Mays S USC

-- Eventually the physical gifts will catch up to his on the field production.

12. Terrence Cody NT Alabama

-- Another year to prove he can stay in shape plus develop technically will do this mountain wonders.

13. Brandon Spikes LB Florida

-- Top inside backer this year. Nothing will change next year.

14. Jake Locker* QB Washington

-- Best physical tools of any signal caller in this class. Too bad he decided to stay home to play.

15. Gabe Carimi* OT Wisconsin

-- Has a lot of Joe Thomas in him. Just not quite on that level.

16. Major Wright* S Florida

-- A force in the secondary who can seemingly be all over the field at once.

17. Trent Williams* OT Oklahoma

-- Very athletic right tackle that might move to the left side next year.

18. Arrelious Benn* WR Illinois

-- Big physical target who would project much higher with good speed times and better QB play around him.

19. Marvin Austin* DT North Carolina

-- Down year as a sophomore, but showed flashes of greatness as a true freshman.

20. Mark Herzlich LB Boston College

-- The best all around linebacker in the class, and a legit defensive playmaker.

21. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St .

-- Athletic and still learning his craft, Okung will only get better manning the blindside.

22. Claude Wooten DE Northwestern

-- Impressive physically and statistically, Wooten is the Big Ten’s best pass rusher.

23. Jimmy Clausen* QB Notre Dame

-- Has all the potential to go no.1 overall if he were to eliminate some of his inconsistency.

24. George Selvie DE South Florida

-- Can the highly rated pass rusher bounce back after a subpar junior campaign?

25. Obi Ezeh LB Michigan

-- Naturally instinctive and seems to be in on all of the Wolverine’s defensive plays.

26. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon

-- Wonderful combination of size and explosion. His production was very impressive this year despite splitting carries.

27. Brandon Graham DE Michigan

--Thick, squat, and powerful defensive end who can get to the quarterback.

28. Charles Scott RB LSU

-- Bruising runner who looks to eliminate some of his inconsistency as well.

29. Tyson Alualu DE Cal

-- Different kind of end. More along the lines of a prototype 34 defensive end.

30. DeMarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

-- Injuries derailed what looked to be a big season, but Granger had top 20 potential before said injury as a fantastic 3 technique at the next level

Guest Aloysius

Was really interesting to see Jason Smith totally dominate Sergio Kindle. Not sure if that's a reflection on how good Smith is or how much Kindle needs to refine his game (or both).

Was really interesting to see Jason Smith totally dominate Sergio Kindle. Not sure if that's a reflection on how good Smith is or how much Kindle needs to refine his game (or both).

This is part of the reason why I think Herzlich moves ahead of Kindle on most draft charts. I see him as more phyiscal.

If Herzlich blows people away at the combine his stock will rise in a hurry!

Safety from Tenn

That would be Eric Berry, and just trust me here, he is the guy you want.

Unless he gets hurt, he is the first DB taken next year, and will be taken in the top 5.

Could we see a reunion of Thunder and lightning? Spiller is a first round pick that I like better than Dwyer.

I don't know much about his personal life but I know he kneels to give thanks after TD's. May be a high character kid which will make Mangini think about him even more.

He reminds me a lot of Thomas Jones when he came out of Virginia. I think it's safe to say Mangini liked Jones.

jones2.jpg

Archived