THE BROWNS BOARD

Why Do We Vote on Tuesday?

MLD Woody

No reason, other than that how it's always been.

Used to be a reason for it though

"In 1845, the United States was largely an agrarian society. Farmers often needed a full day to travel by horse-drawn vehicles to the county seat to vote. Tuesday was established as election day because it did not interfere with the Biblical Sabbath or with market day, which was on Wednesday in many towns."

If voting is so important, why not just make it a national holiday or something?

I think it should be.

But it's so easy to vote early by either mail or on person it's not that big of a deal IMO.

Should make it a national holiday though, get off of work at 5 then you have to go straight to the polling place and wait in line pretty much.

I think it should be.

But it's so easy to vote early by either mail or on person it's not that big of a deal IMO.

Should make it a national holiday though, get off of work at 5 then you have to go straight to the polling place and wait in line pretty much.

I think most schools have the day off on Election Day

Woodpecker has never voted and he questions why on a Tuesday? Why? Why not?

Well it fucks over people that can't easily take of work or afford to lose those paid hours, for one.

"Why not" and "Because that's the way it's always been" are piss poor answers.

I think it should be.

Not every state has early voting though, correct?

It just seems like a very, very outdated system that could easily be improved (a common theme in govt.)

Well it fucks over people that can't easily take of work or afford to lose those paid hours, for one.

Poor little boy is inconvenienced. You don't even know what that means.

We have voted for decades after work. no problem. If you work late, you can vote before. etc.

no problem. might be long lines some places...

Moving it to the weekend would only help families and working class people aka very likely conservative voters. Cal, why do you support Hillary and slugs by holding on to this tradition?

Hey oh!

We have voted for decades after work. no problem. If you work late, you can vote before. etc.

no problem. might be long lines some places...

I would imagine the more urban of an area you live, the more densely populated, the longer the lines.

I mean polls are open for 13 hours. I don't think too many people out there are working the 6:30-7:30 shift

but that ruins their victim narrative.

Right. Something works for you, and not as well for someone else. That other side wants it changed to make it easier for everyone. Therefore that person is playing the victim card...

That is the main reason I can't get on board with a lot of conservative principles. It's a vote for stagnation (at best). Things work for me and they always have, fuck anyone else.

You can easily make this better for everyone, but you're against it, because that's change, and you just automatically believe any change is bad.

Right. Something works for you, and not as well for someone else. That other side wants it changed to make it easier for everyone. Therefore that person is playing the victim card...

That is the main reason I can't get on board with a lot of conservative principles. It's a vote for stagnation (at best). Things work for me and they always have, fuck anyone else.

You can easily make this better for everyone, but you're against it, because that's change, and you just automatically believe any change is bad.

Poor victim.

Stuart

But when your side doesn't want change when it affects them you play the victim card and/or cry racism.

Requiring everyone to have a voter ID ring a bell?

Archived