THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our 2016 Cleveland Browns will try to seek their first win in 2016 , still after going 0-4 in the preseason and currently 0-8 in the regular season entering Sunday, as they host the improved Dallas Cowboys at FirstEnergy Stadium. Sunday is also the battle of rookie quarterbacks and former teammates for Jason Garrett in the Reese's Senior Bowl last January.

Cody Kessler, with his 0-5 record, will make his sixth start this season for the Browns, while Dax Prescott led the Cowboys throughout the regular season with their current 6-1 record, over injured starter and incumbent Tony Romo.

Browns will also stay off track as being the second NFL team to go through a 16-game regular season season winless, since the Detroit Lions accomplished the infamous achievement during their 2008 season.

Browns will try to win their first regular season game over the Cowboys for the first time in Cleveland in 28 years, and their first win since 1994 in Dallas. Since then Dallas is on a three-game regular season winning streak, with wins in 2004, 2008, and 2012 and outscored Cleveland in those three games 70 points to 42 points.

Dan Bailey kicked the game-winning 38-yard field goal with 2:01 remaining in overtime to help the Cowboys defeat the Browns 23-20 at Cowboys Stadium in Irving, Texas, back on November 18, 2012.

Cleveland QB Bernie Kosar, threw the game winner, a 36-yarder to Clarence Weathers in the fourth quarter, as the 9-5 Browns defeated the 2-9 Dallas Cowboys 24-21 back on December 4, 1988. Kosar was 19 for 27 passes completed for 308 yards and 3 Touchdowns, while the Cowboys Steve Pelleur was 20 of 42 yards passes completed for 247 yards, and 2 TD's.

Browns last defeated the Cowboys overall at Texas Stadium in Irving back on December 10, 1994. Vinny Testaverde threw a 2-yard pass to Michael Jackson, then Matt Stover kicked the PAT, followed by his four field goals from 34, 32, 43, and 32 yards to win 19-14. Game highlight was the Browns goal line stand in that game.

Sunny and Clear skies at 59 degrees is the game forecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 72% humidity, and northwest winds at 5 miles per hour.

Cowboys are wearing their silver helmets. navy blue jerseys, and silver pants, while the host browns are wearing their orange helmets, white jerseys, and white pants.

NO injuries to both the Browns and Cowboys, win your first game in the Dawg Pound and GO BROWNS!!!!! ;):)B)^_^

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/game/2016/regular9

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.nfl.com/salute

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's one man's opinion, Saturday night live edition. ......

A terrible defense, limited firepower. Thats the Browns, losers of 11 in a row, in a nutshell. Cleveland has a mind-boggling 19 rookies on its roster and has used six different quarterbacks. Yet the Browns could prove dangerous for the Cowboys in this spot especially if they stick with veteran quarterback Josh McCown. (But isn't Kessler ready with his helmet in hand?)

The Cowboys are fat and happy after slipping past the Eagles last Sunday night at home. Dak Presoctt has a nine-to-two touchdown-to-interception ratio, but is a rookie. He also could be playing in a rare weather-related game. As bad as the winless Browns are they did lead the Ravens and Redskins in the fourth quarter and missed three field goals in an overtime defeat to the Dolphins...

So do the 0-8 BROWNS +7 really have a shot? Yes, bet on it, plus they got an extra hour of sleep! :lol:

I bet my Father-in-law a dollar on the Browns. My Wife says he was laughing and laughing.

ha. we'll see who gets the last laugh.

I'll bet ya a buck. Tailgate today. Z & the Brits will be there at the crack of dawn.

Ain't no trap game. This is Elliot's homecoming game and he will have a shitload of supporters in the Cleveland stands. Elliott close to 200 yds. against this shitty run D. Dak just needs to hand off and throw an occasional pass to keep them honest.

Boys 38 Browns 17

With the vegas odds, Im thinking there is an NFL conspIracy to get the Browns some wins....

Ive been hearing people thinking the refs are against us and make calls that create losses.....and NOW.....that the Browns are well on their way to the first pick in the draft....Im figuring the NFL is like...WAIT ONE COTTON PICKIN MINUTE, WE CANT LET THE BROWNS LOSE......and now we will start winning, cause the NFL is trying to keep us down and they have to change tactics....

Just remember....u heard it here first...

;)

I bet my Father-in-law a dollar on the Browns. My Wife says he was laughing and laughing.

ha. we'll see who gets the last laugh.

I'm with ya on this... Put one down for me as well... I'm good for it... ;)

I'll bet ya a buck. Tailgate today. Z & the Brits will be there at the crack of dawn.

You're on. Usually I don't bet that much, but I'm so sure the Browns are going to win...

My Father-in-law lives in McKinney, 45 min N of Dallas. He'll be watching. BTW, he's 93,

so I won't make him drive to the post office, I'll just collect my dollar when my Wife

goes to visit him in Jan.......

Inactives report is up... Going with Kess and Josh... and Pryor...

Joe Callahan QB Inactive Jonathan Cooper OG Inactive Kevin Hogan QB Inactive Gabe Ikard C Inactive Corey Lemonier OLB Inactive Stephen Paea DT Inactive Jordan Payton WR Inactive

Tank Carder ILB Active Cameron Erving C Active Ricardo Louis WR Active Jamar Taylor CB Active

Sold my tickets this morning. Now I can watch for a little and go do yard work, or maybe get the Harley out for a final spin for the year

Gave me chills, Rich...

Loved the baseball configuration... and knowing the players without the aid of their barely visible name labels...

Everything about this defense is so, so bad. I could write a novel on how bad that scheme was as a whole. It boggles the mind that these guys get millions of dollars to create schemes a JV team could beat and players who literally play as though as they never do tackling drills.

Archived