THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

This team is scary bad......been saying it all along and todays meltdown just seals the deal for me......scary scary bad.....

They've really broken absolutely everything down to build it back up again, and now we have people like Kindred, Howard, Cam Johnson, Tyrone Holems and various other warm corpses pretending to play defense.

On the flip side, Ogbah looked solid and nassib showed up batting some passes, but still needs to work on more pass rushing techniques. He's not fast enough to just run round the edge and not strong enough to bull rush but that's all I see him doing.

you guys still spending your Sundays watching this garbage? Bro! Get outside, enjoy the crisp weather while you can! I came back to see them give up their patented 31 points a game. Freaking pathetic. If they could just limit the opposition to under 20 points a game we'd be at .500.

Pretty much sums it up........

Cant%20Spell_zpsn1rzkob4.png

I went to the game today, when I saw this I considered it an omen.

I mostly went to see the celebration of the '86 team, I saw a good first half of football...then a 2nd half meltdown.

Isn't it harder to see the halftime adjustments you need to make when you're up 20-7?

At least those that harp on our discipline should be happy. Only 2 penalties for 10 yards this week.

We came out firing. Scored on our opening drive primarily thanks to losing the coin flip. Frankly I was surprised to see us sustain our Offense for a full half, but we did. And it was primarily a veteran QB, throwing to a vet TE, a revived little WR and a converted veteran QB. Hell we even had a nice screen pass. But no run game...

So while we were "hot" the D even felt the heat and played fairly decent. They got some stops pretty much stuffing the run in the process. But it was too much to expect it to continue for a full game... at least without a running game.

The TOP graphic that was shown sometime in the 4th Qtr captured our demise. In the 2nd half the D worn down, was shredded and we're 0-8. And I'm sitting here with a slight smile because we narrowly lost to a team with legitimate "stars" on both sides of the ball...

... plus I've got the Tribe tonite in a little over an hour.

Bring on the future!

GO CLEVELAND!

Btw on that 4th and goal, are u supposed to shoot the gaps if ur on the line? Maybe im old school thinking but id play them headup with the OL and tell embto just push, dont create a gap by slicing in and try to fold in the gap to ur left and right if u feel the runner going there. I saw two of our DL try to shoot in and went down on their knees effectively creating a gaping maw that the pulling OL filled in and teed off on the lb'ers.

I hope that wasnt the called play. If i remember correctly from the lastbtime he was here, doesnt horton like to 1 gap his DL?

Pitiful! They look like sort of like a National Lampoon Football training film for what players must not do.

I can see the head coach showing this comedy act to the rookies when they report to training camp?

A gaping hole and four to five missed tackles while the running back walks into the the end zone.

Every week a player who hasn't done diddly squat all year has a "CAREER" Day against the Browns defense before going back into obscurity!

Bilal Powell, the most recent, Jeremy Hill last week rushed for over 100yds and before that did nothing! Marcus Mariota, beat the Browns and raised his stats and confidence moving forward.

Next week Dak Prescott will look like a ten year pro as he and Zeke Elliot take their rookie sensation act on the road.

Pitiful??

Next week Dak Prescott will look like a ten year pro as he and Zeke Elliot take their rookie sensation act on the road.

Pitiful

Oh, I forgot about that. I have Dak as one of my fantasy league QB choices (along with Brees whom I have won twice with). Hard choice with Prescott @ Browns and Brees @ 49's. Whoever has Elliot will clean up with a 200+ yd day and 3 or more TD's.

Edit: Coulda both been Browns. F'N FO.

Oh, I forgot about that. I have Dak as one of my fantasy league QB choices (along with Brees whom I have won twice with). Hard choice with Prescott @ Browns and Brees @ 49's. Whoever has Elliot will clean up with a 200+ yd day and 3 or more TD's.

UI

This is the time of year that we normally Excell at giving up career numbers to someone almost weekly. We are on the back end of so many of these that it's normal. And all those empty seats will either be empty again or filled with away fans.

post-24771-0-91681300-1477919546_thumb.jpg

Speaking of FO fuckups, take a look at Benjamin's Catch yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2672914-chargers-wideout-travis-benjamin-hauls-in-one-handed-circus-catch-for-td

EDIT: Why do I find myself getting angrier every week at this FO full of educated clowns?

Sure, but he wanted a *lot* of money for what he is. He signed for $6m a year, when you get Antonio Browns for $8.3m, Eric Decker for $7.25m, or Julian Edelman for $4.25m.

I'm pretty certain that had Coleman not broken his hand, nobody would be saying a damn thing about Benjamin.

Speaking of FO fuckups, take a look at Benjamin's Catch yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2672914-chargers-wideout-travis-benjamin-hauls-in-one-handed-circus-catch-for-td

EDIT: Why do I find myself getting angrier every week at this FO full of educated clowns?

can't upload videos but, watch what Gabriel can do with a QB that can hit a bucket 1st half yesterday :blush:

can't upload videos but, watch what Gabriel can do with a QB that can hit a bucket 1st half yesterday :blush:

Gabriel did better with Hoyer than McCown - I think most people would argue McCown has the better arm, at least.

If folks are scraping up Benji, then the bottom of the barrel is near...

Halftime must involve fingerpainting and macaroni art. Because they damn sure don't adjust and use the second half for napping. 2 weeks in a row this team has quit on Hue. Maybe he should take some motivation courses

What adjustments would you have recommended with a 20-7 lead?

As for quitting... no...

What adjustments would you have recommended with a 20-7 lead?

I was wondering the same. Not to advocate being reactionary, but there is some element to that, expecting your opponents to make changes schematically and reacting accordingly. More the case is, if anything, put the pedal to the metal and not let them back in.

Archived