THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2016 WORLD SERIES ☆ Chicago Cubs vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

Was doing a little shopping yesterday when "Wild Thing" was played over the store's PA.... I took it as an omen...

Great game and another stomach churning win for the Tribe. Love it when the game zigs after all the talk is about how it will zag. Wrigley... wind blowing out hard... must be a slugfest. Oops...

Tomlin was awesome as was Miller, Shaw and Allen. But Terry was magnificent. Thought he got caught when he had to pull Miller for the PH, but Coco delivered and then, in turn, Shaw to escape the trap. And now Miller can go 2 innings today if needed.

Oddest part was how calm I felt in the bottom of the ninth... even when the winning run got to second. The punch out with the high heater for the final out should carry over to tonite's game. The stunned disbelief on the Cubs' faces was priceless. I think we jump ahead early today.

So the cubs are getting balls called strikes and the tribe is getting strikes called balls...

Yup... I think it was Al Leiter on MLB Network's postgame show that had PitchTrack stats. He reported that:

• of 11 balls that were called strikes, 8 of them favored the Cubs pitchers.
  • of 10 strikes that were called balls, 8 of them favored Cubs batters.

GO TRIBE!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubbies fans cheering 3 outs, but you better believe that they are really nervous. ....getting close to MILLER TIME plus who knows what MOY Francona will do and when.

Top 6 next. :)

The Cubbies are rattled in Game 4! Any more Indians runs and this baby might be over.

The Cubbies are rattled in Game 4! Any more Indians runs and this baby might be over.

WHOA BABY, KIPNIS IS HOME! CLE 7-1. :lol:

How soon until the CUBBIES fans start leaving?

And Vince Vaughn is singing :lol:

.......Tonight, the Cubs will be chasing a Series tie, while the Indians will be chasing a 3-1 edge that 69 teams in 81 tries have turned into a World Series title. So Game 4 is a big, big deal, and all eyes are upon the Cubs' ability to make adjustments against Kluber.

CLE 7-2 to the top of the 9th the possibilities are really starting to sink in.

Still the TRIBE has to try and close this out Sunday.

This is real and not a dream right?

Holy smokes a 7-2 ass kicking to go up 3-1....

......can you believe this shit?

Allen -0- pitches tonight.

Bauer /Salazar /______/______/ Otero /Shaw/Miller /Allen tomorrow?

Holy smokes.

I'll see you ladies at the watch party tomorrow!!!

If they win Cleveland will be nuts!!!

Kluber is King of this staff & Kip got kids smiling again while Cubs looked pressed..Our advantage is get to their Bull Pen, ours NO Chance..It's going down. Were yelling Timber..Joe Buck.. Just STFU & get out the way...Finish Tribe Finish!!

I'll admit Chicago has great fans.. But , you can't just show up and be anointed a trophy...Go Tribe...Take this mutha!

It's time! Tribe has these posers down 3-1. They need to put their foot on the throat and put the baby bears outa their misery. Fuck them and a real big FUCK YOU! To Joe buck, the voice of stooopid

Not just Joe Buck but the entire run of TBS, FOX and pretty much everyone totally underestimating the Cleveland Indians after losing Salazar and Carrasco. ......geezzz even I had my doubts well until they swept Boston.

BUT the voyage isn't over yet still one more big game left to win whether it's in Chicago or Cleveland. .....

.....but it sure is sweet what this team and Manager of the Year Tito Francona have done so far!

GO TRIBE!

Not just Joe Buck but the entire run of TBS, FOX and pretty much everyone totally underestimating the Cleveland Indians after losing Salazar and Carrasco. ......geezzz even I had my doubts well until they swept Boston.

BUT the voyage isn't over yet still one more big game left to win whether it's in Chicago or Cleveland. .....

.....but it sure is sweet what this team and Manager of the Year Tito Francona have done so far!

GO TRIBE!

Tito should be named the Manager of the 21st century so far... He's been beyond what I thought he was.. I knew he was a great manager.. But rewriting the game of Baseball?.. Who saw that coming?

GO TRIBE!

Credit where credit is due. Smoltz has been good

Credit where credit is due. Smoltz has been good

I'm ashamed at the likes of Joe Buck , being his father , Jack Buck , was a native Clevelander and Broadcaster. Joe Buck should have better sense than that...

CHICAGO -- In Wrigleyville this weekend, the locale has been lively, the pours have been plentiful, the hope has been high. They waited 71 years to see a World Series here, and they've waited 108 years to win one. And so it has been no surprise to see the streets overcrowded with Cubs fans, happy to pay exorbitant prices for tickets on the secondary market or bar cover charges.

But tonight, in the wake of consecutive losses that have put the Cubs in a 3-1 bind that too few World Series clubs have recovered from, all that hope, all those long lines, all those packed pubs will be accompanied by an allowance of anxiety. The Cleveland Indians enter Game 5 one win away from totally crashing this Wrigley party and claiming their first crown in 68 years, and so the story here on the North Side has shifted from one of outright exuberance to clear concern.

In the Cubs' clubhouse, they can't consume such concern, but they also can't afford to think too far ahead, either

"We need to get these wins one at a time," catcher Miguel Montero said. "You can't think about three wins when you haven't won one."

The Indians, too, were letting cooler heads prevail. Though Progressive Field will be sold out Sunday night for a Game 5 watch party, the Tribe was assuming nothing in the aftermath of its 7-2 victory in Game 4 on Saturday night. The Indians are a win away, sure, but ...

"It's going to be the toughest win we need to get all year," second baseman Jason Kipnis said. "Being one win away, nobody remembers that. It's getting that win that's important."

This is the 47th time the World Series stands at 3-1, and only six times -- one of which came in the best-of-nine setup in 1903 -- did the team up 3-1 wind up losing the Series. More than half the time (56.5 percent), the club up 3-1 wound up nailing it down in Game 5.

But the fact that this is a Cleveland team involved in this Series situation seems to beg for an NBA parallel. It was just a bit more than four months back that the Cleveland Cavaliers came back from a 3-1 deficit against a 73-win Golden State Warriors team.

These things can and do happen.

The Cubs don't have a LeBron James, but they do have a Jon Lester, and this is the very sort of start they committed $155 million for him to make. Lester is as October-tested as they come, but his previous World Series invincibility proved to be a tad bit vulnerable against a Tribe team that rattled him for three runs on six hits in 5 2/3 innings to hand him the loss in Game 1. Despite that recent result, there is nobody the Cubs would rather have on the mound with their season on the line.

And of course, the Cubs have something else potentially working in their favor -- their matchup with the Indians' Game 5 starter, Trevor Bauer. He was erratic and rusty in Game 2, and Chicago pounced with an aggressive attack that produced two runs in 3 2/3 innings of what turned out to be a 5-1 win. Should the Cubs bash Bauer in Game 5, they'd counter a short-rested Josh Tomlin with a fully rested Jake Arrieta in Game 6 and a short-rested Corey Kluber with a fully rested Kyle Hendricks in Game 7.

"We just need that offensive epiphany somehow to get us pushing in the right direction," manager Joe Maddon said. "And if we do that, I really think based on what they have left pitching-wise, going back over there, and what we have, I kind of like our chances."

Maybe some semblance of an epiphany arrived in the eighth inning of Game 4, when, lo and behold, Andrew Miller gave up a run. And a home run, at that. Dexter Fowler hit it to produce the first postseason run off Miller in his career (25 1/3 innings) and the first run off him at all since Sept. 7.

We'll see if it's the start of a new outlook against the lanky lefty, and Chicago likely needs it to be.

With a title on the line and an off-day looming should this Series get extended, the Tribe will quite likely go with an all-hands-on-deck approach, and Miller's hand is bound to be included.

"We might flip-flop he and [closer] Cody [Allen] tomorrow," Indians manager Terry Francona said Saturday night. "Let Cody do some of what maybe Andrew's been doing. We'll see how the game's going."

The postseason game is a fundamentally different experience than the regular-season affair. But it is nonetheless worth noting that this 103-win Cubs team won three or more in a row on 16 occasions in the regular season.

More importantly, the Cubs did it in the National League Championship Series against the Dodgers, too.

The Indians, meanwhile, lost three in a row seven times in the regular season. But they've only lost twice total on this postseason stage. It is a confident club that has produced a record five postseason shutouts and is now a win away from ending the annual "Wait 'til next year" pledge in Cleveland and extending it in Wrigleyville. The angst will be palpable Sunday night, but so, too, will the sense that the Cubs can change this Series storyline, one positive development at a time.

"We're not out," said Kris Bryant, "until we're out."

10/30 8:05 PM - WORLD SERIES - GAME 5 - The last game from Wrigley Field in Chicago, IL

905 Cleveland open +192 now consensus +210 The INDIANS are a better than a HUGE 2/1 underdog tonight.

906 Chi. Cubs open -210 now concensus -230

Total runs - 6 1/2

Pitchers: (CLE) Trevor Bauer ® (CHC) Jon Lester (L)

TV: FOX | MOSTLY CLOUDY, WIND IN FROM RIGHT CENTER 5-10. GAME TEMP 49, RH 80%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ODDS TO WIN 2016 WORLD SERIES (11/2/16)

Team Odds

Cleveland Indians 5/19 <---- THE INDIANS NOW ALMOST A 1/4 FAVORITE TO WIN THE WHOLE THING!

Chicago Cubs 3/1

Archived