THE BROWNS BOARD

Alabama would have "destroyed" the Buckeyes..

Clevfan4life

Bucks have some old flaws and some new issues as well. Early down calls need fixed and the WR's need to start consistently winning 1 on 1's.

Of course some high percentage concepts to help JT and the running early on would help.

All fixable and if we learned anything today, Bama has a great defense, a good oline but still rocking a true frosh at QB. They arent world beaters. Nobody is this year.

Yeah the qb is bamas only conceivable weakness. The bucks front 7 would have kept the game reasonable for a little while but they woyld have been on the field the whole game.

I cant beleive how bad and anemic this urban meyer offense looks. And the o line is terrible. Barrett would be a perfect draft pick for us cause after this season he could come to the browns and pick up right where he left off ditching the pocket after 1.5 seconds.

The Oline is good when the defense doesnt get to pin their ears back. It's the disadvantage of youth combined with developing talent.

Bama had the same issues. Most teams do when you take away what they're best at.

If the running game doesn't work, then little else does.

edit: doesn't help when you ignore your best playmaker either.

"Destroy"? Doubt it... The Buckeyes have tended to play to the level of the competition.

Still a chance we'll see the match up come playoff time if we run the table.

fucking ohio could have beaten us last night barrett looked like shit coaching misfires (mainly not getting the fieldgoal unit out on time) the game was complete shit i allmost fell asleep

BUT it was only one game and just as long as we win "THE GAME" i'll be pleased we have a very young team and i did not expect us to compete for the playoffs this year

Yeah it happens. So be it. The loss has been hanging out there for about three games waiting for someone to reach out and grab it and Penn state did. It is what it is. This is a team full of young guys and they'll get better. If Michigan manages to get in the playoffs I'll still hate them but I'll reluctantly root for them over Alabama. Like the first baseman in major league.

"I've only got one thing to say to you.

Strike that motherfucker out"

Michigan will destroy OSU.

Not so fast, they will have plenty of time to regroup before Nov. 26 IN Columbus.

Plus the OSU/PSU game was a debacle but it was a real anomaly one of those if they played 10 times things.

Relax there are a few games yet before "The Game".

bullshit,all they have to do is win out and what the fuck do you care YOU just said you didn't want to see em in the title game anyway

Well, clearly OSU has to win out.

IF OSU were to win out it would be they would have secured big wins over Michigan and Nebraska? maybe?

Would a 1 loss OSU make into the Field of Four? It would mean several other currently undefeated teams would have to lose.

Presumably Two of those would be Mich and Neb.

Then you have Baylor and WVa. One of them will lose as they play each other later.....but the other would also have to lose somewhere along the way. If OK beats them....then OSU has the advantage as they beat OK.

Does anyone see Alabama, Clemson or Washington losing? I do not. So I think they take up 3 slots.

If OSU goes into it with one loss.....then as I see it, their biggest competition for the playoff slot would be the 1 loss Louisville Cardinals.

Woody is right though, this OSU loss would hurt Michigan.....but only if they also lose a game. They obviously go in if they win out.

But losing early is better than losing late. We have all learned that.

A late loss by Mich.....if its their only loss, would spell doom for them vs. other 1 loss teams.

I think the loss by A&M kicks them out of consideration. Even if Alabama were to lose a game....they would still have that win over A&M. If tied with 1 loss in the SEC West Alabama still goes to the SEC title game...and certainly to the Playoffs.

For a lot of other teams to have some chance, the same thing would have to happen to Washington or Clemson.....lose to a big underdog, for them to get playoff consideration.

Great teams lose individual games all the time. Not that big a deal. Relax. They will have one loss going into the Michigan game.

OHIO STATE won the National Championship after losing to VT early and a few QBs.

They still have a young team this year after stocking the NFL Draft last year plus some stiff competition out there.

Btw, my respect for Ohio State increased so much after Saturday. To win that Sugar Bowl in 2014, the way that team did, is inconceivable. Every Alabama loss since 2010 (outside of that one) has been very fluky in some way. Or it was a case where you could tell the Tide were totally sleepwalking.

To slam your RB for 200+ yards on that D with a month's rest is awesome. They ran us outta the building Saturday.

Excellent article on what I have been preaching-----------------best Bama team I have seen in years due to super depth at all positions. They are going to overrun everyone in the second half of every game if they haven't secured it by halftime.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alabamas-drubbing-of-texas-am-shows-biggest-reason-behind-juggernauts-title-surge-022507858.html

PS-Woody-it wasn't Evans. It was Swope who had worked his way free and into JM's vision. In fact it was Christine Michael (Seahawks RB) who scored 2 TD's, Swope with one and Malcome Kennedy the last on a 24 yd. beauty just over the hands of the DB. Evans was not the key factor that day. Swope & JM's feet were though.

I wouldn't call Bama losing to LSU, A&M, Ole Miss or Oklahoma fluky.

Team starts 11-0 then on the way to a 3-peat then has the conference and national championship stolen from them by the kick-6; didn't show up for Oklahoma. Remember Saban's second year they went 12-0, lost the SEC championship to eventual national champion Florida, and then got waxed by Utah in the bowl game? Same deal.

They missed like 4 or 5 easy FGs in a 3 point loss to LSU. They also didn't let LSU cross the 50 the other time they played them that same year, so I feel good about that one.

A&M loss was fluky for reasons already mentioned. They were also coming off of an OT win in Death Valley at night.

I'd have to rewatch the first Ole Miss game, but the second one was a complete joke. Bama crushes the QB as he gets rid of the ball. They crush the receiver as the ball gets to him. Perfectly played. Ball miraculously pops up to another receiver who runs it in for a long TD. Come on now.

I wouldn't call Bama losing to LSU, A&M, Ole Miss or Oklahoma fluky.

I think the only team that can beat Alabama is Alabama, it can happen but not likely. ....just ask Penn State about those long shots.

Team starts 11-0 then on the way to a 3-peat then has the conference and national championship stolen from them by the kick-6; didn't show up for Oklahoma. Remember Saban's second year they went 12-0, lost the SEC championship to eventual national champion Florida, and then got waxed by Utah in the bowl game? Same deal.

They missed like 4 or 5 easy FGs in a 3 point loss to LSU. They also didn't let LSU cross the 50 the other time they played them that same year, so I feel good about that one.

A&M loss was fluky for reasons already mentioned. They were also coming off of an OT win in Death Valley at night.

I'd have to rewatch the first Ole Miss game, but the second one was a complete joke. Bama crushes the QB as he gets rid of the ball. They crush the receiver as the ball gets to him. Perfectly played. Ball miraculously pops up to another receiver who runs it in for a long TD. Come on now.

So if they're not playing for a natty, they suck... is the basic premise of what you're telling me here.

Archived