THE BROWNS BOARD

Off Topic: broncos/ chargers

One Post

Btw finishing up the 2nd half of the chargers game. Bosa looks really good. I dont think he recorded a sack in this game but so far from what ive seen he's come within inches of 3-4 sacks. Simians having to get rid of the ball quick, and chargers secondary is jumping on it. I would kill for this kind of pressure from the browns edges.

And the one thing that really stands out is how much faster joey looks than any one else in the trenches. When he stunts the ol look in full panic mode to get their hands on him.

Also, u cant block joey with a TE. He bulled the broncos TE out of his shoes a couple times and the broncos said ok enough of that get an ol on him. How many times did we watch in disbeleif as a TE rode jruger out of the play like a rented mule? Happy to say i watched nassib do the same when his hand wasnt gimped. These two guys are gonna represent the big 10 well imo over the next few years

I have to agree, Joey is looking good. And he's not even in game shape yet...

Still not convinced he was worth an overall #2, but he is looking good.

The only thing right now that i see missing from his game is the power edge rush that he had at OH St. His primary outside move right now is that slap down that got Kruger nowhere for 3 years. He's a ton quicker than Kruger was so he's getting close. Still if he was able to dig out the tackles outside shoulder more we may have witness the best opening two games of a defensive rookie ever. I know SD dropped some weight on him and that's fine, his field quicks just look amazing...but he needs that power game to be complete. I'm fully expecting a year or two in an NFL weight room gets that power game back while not putting on a whole ton of weight.

And everythign i just said is exactly what i hope Nassib and Ogbah go through although im not liking Og at all right now. Actually both him and Nassib are getting their arms folded up constantly. Those bad habits from College haven't been gotten rid of yet. Keeping those arms stiff and bench pressing OL is what made Joey at OSU, and he's still doing it...those run stop plays he made thursday and the week before against arguably a top 3 O line were classic Bosa. Keep the OL at arms length with a crisp shot to the pads and read the play.

The only thing right now that i see missing from his game is the power edge rush that he had at OH St. His primary outside move right now is that slap down that got Kruger nowhere for 3 years. He's a ton quicker than Kruger was so he's getting close. Still if he was able to dig out the tackles outside shoulder more we may have witness the best opening two games of a defensive rookie ever. I know SD dropped some weight on him and that's fine, his field quicks just look amazing...but he needs that power game to be complete. I'm fully expecting a year or two in an NFL weight room gets that power game back while not putting on a whole ton of weight.

And everythign i just said is exactly what i hope Nassib and Ogbah go through although im not liking Og at all right now. Actually both him and Nassib are getting their arms folded up constantly. Those bad habits from College haven't been gotten rid of yet. Keeping those arms stiff and bench pressing OL is what made Joey at OSU, and he's still doing it...those run stop plays he made thursday and the week before against arguably a top 3 O line were classic Bosa. Keep the OL at arms length with a crisp shot to the pads and read the play.

Bench pressing 330 lb Left Tackles in he NFL has to be way easier without a broken hand in a cast. It's probably the reason Nassib looked so much better week 1 than he has the last 2 weeks. Like I said earlier in this thread, Nassib has plenty of room to pack more size and strength on his rookie frame.

Agreed. I liked the way you put it all.

In the context of the #2 overall pick status, Bosa didn't look like he was in game shape last year at this time either. After being suspended for the opener, he had 3 very pedestrian games against competition he should have dominated but did not. I've tried to tell Clevs in the past those games are also on his resume convenient or not. He went from 13.5 sacks in 2014 to 5 sacks in 2015. Was that some degree of complacency from a guy that already proved himself? Clevs will probably say he got double teamed and chip blocked but that happened just as frequently in 2014. Opponents watch film prior to game planning so they know who they have to game plan for.

I know he's very talented and it's easy to see when he wants to bring it. The 1 question he has never answered is how often is he willing to be this guy at the value of this #2 overall pick we never invested on him? Time will tell...

Flugs he was seeing triple teams in 15. Admittedly though he was preserving his draft status. Fighting through triple teams all season long could have gotten him clownied. And u cant argue with the outcome, he went 3rd and has a life altering contract even if he blows his knee out next week and never plays another down of nfl football.

So was it complacency?

Ive seen this done on other bulletin board systems. When someone posts something which is off topic, complain about it here rather than littering threads with complaints about off topic posts. Then the board administrator can delete it or move it here. That way, if its off topic, but not offensive the post is preserved, but moved out of the thread. Sometimes its a tough call and then other times its an easy call as to whether a post is off topic, offensive, or both. Ill start things off in my next post

Reasonable thought, but some of our best conversations stem from comments that stray from the tread topic...

Welcome to the Browns Board...

Then there's our collective ADD issues to consider...

Archived