THE BROWNS BOARD

WHOA NAVY 46 #6 Houston 40 Final! NCAA WK 6

mjp28

WV sucks

My YSU Penguins played WVU early this year on a really hot day in Morgantown and was leading for a part of the first half, tied at halftime 14-14 until WVU finally put them away 38-21. 1-AA vs 1-A is generally a tough matchup.

And I was told by some West by God Virginia people it's WVU not WV. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My YSU Penguins played WVU early this year on a really hot day in Morgantown and was leading for a part of the first half, tied at halftime 14-14 until WVU finally put them away 38-21. 1-AA vs 1-A is generally a tough matchup.

And I was told by some West by God Virginia people it's WVU not WV. ;)

WVa. :P

No. Because WSU has been killing the same teams.

Bama and OSU still own the right to be called the top teams. I guess Clemson too

Maybe those Washington Schools are better than we think. Could be. No telling at this point. They only play fellow Pac 12 teams from now on.

Washington may be the real deal....but I don't know about WSU....they lost to bother Eastern Washington and Boise st.

More defensive stats:

- S&P+ believes we would give up 3.7 points to the average D1 team. Clemson is 2nd at 10.3

- We're also #1 in YPP allowed, YPA allowed, RZ trips allowed and TFL.

There should never be any point made on here beginning with "we would". Tell us what you did, not what someone thinks you would do.

S&P believes Scarlett Johansen would want to ravish my naked body......so, maybe you have a point there.

No. Because WSU has been killing the same teams.

Bama and OSU still own the right to be called the top teams. I guess Clemson too

WSU is also 3-2....

But stop derailing the thread everyone. How bout that #1 team in Texas, Houston Cougars? Maybe 2-loss TCU can fill the void. And let's not forget Tessitore's proclamation that "TEXAS IS BACK FOLKS."

WSU is also 3-2....

But stop derailing the thread everyone. How bout that #1 team in Texas, Houston Cougars? Maybe 2-loss TCU can fill the void. And let's not forget Tessitore's proclamation that "TEXAS IS BACK FOLKS."

Maybe he meant Louisiana?

Yeah some of that Duck mystique has flat disappeared, where are the Duck QBs?

the mystique went away with chipper and what they were doing is not new any longer

as far as qb's they are finding them in fcs the new head coach cannot recruit

"TAMU is still maybe the 5th best team in the state."

Texas-hot garbage

Houston-Group of 5 loss

TCU-loss to a team we beat, 2 losses overall

Baylor-undefeated, one decent win against OSU at home

TAMU-undefeated, 4 ranked wins, 5 P5 wins (both stats leading the country)

You really need to lose the false bravado. At least on this board when you're clearly not as big a CFB fan as the rest of us. I mean, who at 95 years old (or whatever you are) has never been to a home game of their favorite team?

Well now that I think about it I used a combination of victories over teams ranked at the time and teams ranked now. It was 3 at the time of the win. UCLA is now unranked. Auburn is now ranked. By the end of the year I expect those to hold as well as Arkansas probably won't be ranked but LSU will.

"TAMU is still maybe the 5th best team in the state."

Texas-hot garbage

Houston-Group of 5 loss

TCU-loss to a team we beat, 2 losses overall

Baylor-undefeated, one decent win against OSU at home

TAMU-undefeated, 4 ranked wins, 5 P5 wins (both stats leading the country)

You really need to lose the false bravado. At least on this board when you're clearly not as big a CFB fan as the rest of us. I mean, who at 95 years old (or whatever you are) has never been to a home game of their favorite team?

What is is about the word "maybe" that you don't understand? And this was written afte like week one.

And for like the last 5 years it wasn't a "maybe" that the Aggies were not close to the best team in the state.....they were proven not to be the best team.

Now, this year, so far, it seems to be different.

And face it.....it wasn't just me that underestimate your team....They were not even ranked in the Top 25 of the preseason poll:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-clemson-top-cbs-sports-128-preseason-college-football-rankings/

It wasn't "you may be 5th." It was "you're MAYBE 5th" (implication 5th AT BEST).

Then I said "we could also be first. Stop trolling." You denied both. It was typical Gipper trolling. And now you look like an idiot.

That's your problem. You look at numbers. You don't know wtf you're watching when you see an actual football game. And you wanna talk about the last 5 years? Let's look at Texas'.

It wasn't "you may be 5th." It was "you're MAYBE 5th" (implication 5th AT BEST).

Then I said "we could also be first. Stop trolling." You denied both. It was typical Gipper trolling. And now you look like an idiot.

That's your problem. You look at numbers. You don't know wtf you're watching when you see an actual football game. And you wanna talk about the last 5 years? Let's look at Texas'.

Yes, before this season started.....your team definitely was rated about 5th best.....and not by me, by the national pollsters etc. So I just was going by them and by their performance a year ago.

And if by saying "you don't watch"....its true...I don't watch Texas A&M games. I don't live in Texas, I live in Ohio. I watch Ohio State and maybe some of the other big matchups of the week.

Now, perhaps, this week I will watch Texas A&M....as they play Alabama......and I will be hoping they win.

And that is all you are going to get out of me as far as TAMU is concerned. I am not an Aggie lap licker like you....I am not obligated to praise them.

(and besides...don't they have some business to take care of beyond Alabama to determine if they are all that and a bag of chips?

Yes, before this season started.....your team definitely was rated about 5th best.....and not by me, by the national pollsters etc. So I just was going by them and by their performance a year ago.

And if by saying "you don't watch"....its true...I don't watch Texas A&M games. I don't live in Texas, I live in Ohio. I watch Ohio State and maybe some of the other big matchups of the week.

Now, perhaps, this week I will watch Texas A&M....as they play Alabama......and I will be hoping they win.

And that is all you are going to get out of me as far as TAMU is concerned. I am not an Aggie lap licker like you....I am not obligated to praise them.

(and besides...don't they have some business to take care of beyond Alabama to determine if they are all that and a bag of chips?

So if you, by your own admission, don't watch, maybe STFU about it? I watch Ohio State just about every week. I usually get Michigan games going on and off of my second tv on gamedays. When there is even a remotely big Big 10 game, I am tuned in. I am constantly checking scores and stats on Saturday. You are out of your element talking college football with me.

Find me where a majority of pollsters had Texas above A&M in the preseason. They were unranked, just like A&M was. If recent program history was such a big deal to you, there's no way you'd have put them above A&M.

While you don't have an obligation to be an "Aggie lap licker," you do apparently feel the need to be an Aggie hater, and make really stupid arguments in the process.

So if you, by your own admission, don't watch, maybe STFU about it?

No, that would not be productive or entertaining.

I watch Ohio State just about every week. I usually get Michigan games going on and off of my second tv on gamedays. When there is even a remotely big Big 10 game, I am tuned in. I am constantly checking scores and stats on Saturday. You are out of your element talking college football with me.

Don't think so....just because I do have a life outside of watching football does not mean that I don't watch my share of it. I am certainly knowledgeable to keep up with the likes of a DAT like you.

Find me where a majority of pollsters had Texas above A&M in the preseason. They were unranked, just like A&M was. If recent program history was such a big deal to you, there's no way you'd have put them above A&M.

Not sure I claimed that Texas would absolutely be ahead of you.....I said they may be...and that Houston, TCU, and Baylor all also may be. This was like before the season started or after the first game of the year. So, A&M were unrated....ergo I was right to say that the national pollsters did not think that much of them. Operative term: I was right.

Now, I never claimed that they didn't have the opportunity to prove all those other pollsters (and myself being the least of them...I don't have a vote). they have had the opportunity and ran with it.

While you don't have an obligation to be an "Aggie lap licker," you do apparently feel the need to be an Aggie hater, and make really stupid arguments in the process.

I am not really an Aggie hater....though I am somewhat of a stupid person hater. And here was my stupid argument...made prior to the season: That A&M may have been only the 5th best team in their state. I made this statement based on the fact that in the AP Poll, TCU was ranked, Houston was ranked, Baylor was ranked, and A&M and Texas were both unranked.

So....you are saying that it is stupid of me to look at the polls at a particular point in time and go by those rankings? Which is all I did.

Would it not also be stupid of me to look at the polls right now....where A&M is ranked #6. If I was stupid to do so then, why would it not also be stupid now? (and FYI, Baylor is still ranked #9 and Houston #11). A&M simply has been able to prove the pollsters wrong (not me....I didn't have a vote...I went by what they said).

So, I mean, there is some kind of Forrest Gump statement in there somewhere.

Bottom line to you apparently is: it is stupid to consider the polls when thinking about where these teams stand.

I guess in your mind that is also stupid to think that those 5 teams ahead of A&M are better than A&M?...simply because you are an A&M fan?

What I think is that your team has a beautiful opportunity to prove everyone wrong...including me if you are so worried about me.

So let's seem them put up.

"I can't do anything but look at polls because I don't know dick about college football myself."

Got it. Good discussion.

So? You think that polling is illegitimate? You think that you knew more about how A&M was going to do than every media member, coach, SID etc. etc. in the country knew?

Well, here is something I think I know: A&M will get hammered to hell by Alabama, embarassingly so....and they will end up behind both Baylor and Houston in the next poll.

I may disagree with you on a lot of things here War, but I would stop wasting your time with him. I feel dumb for thinking our back and forth in the other thread would go anywhere. Cut your losses.

I thought you were going to shut the fuck up?

Sorry that you two got into a mud wrestling match with the Big Hog and ended up with your faces in the dirt.

So...do you buy War's proposition that polls mean nothing....that we shouldn't look at them when evaluating teams. That we should know by osmosis and prescience what every college team in the whole country is going to be like?

So? You think that polling is illegitimate? You think that you knew more about how A&M was going to do than every media member, coach, SID etc. etc. in the country knew?

Well, here is something I think I know: A&M will get hammered to hell by Alabama, embarassingly so....and they will end up behind both Baylor and Houston in the next poll.

Lol, but you're not an A&M hater. Got it.

Polling is legitimate for giving fans an idea of teams, but it really means nothing. You made a bad read of the polls, and now are backtracking with "well I was just reading what the polls said" (even though basically no poll had Texas above A&M).

To show your dumbassery, IF A&M lost this weekend AND dropped below both Baylor and UH in the polls, in your mind, those would actually be better teams than A&M, lol. That alone shows the fallibility of polling, no matter how much you refuse to recognize it.

Archived