THE BROWNS BOARD

Who takes the fall?

CaineDeSoulis

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really had high hopes for Haslam.....mostly because Lerner was a worthless twat, who could not lead....

But...now.....I know that Haslam is also a worthless twat.....that is also knee jerk and impatient....and listens to heavy meddle...

... and 1-11?

I can forgive past transgressions by Jimmah, but this would be a bridge way too far.

We've been in 4 of our 8 losses... had two "won". Yes, we managed to lose all 8, but teams learning how to win do that.

Don't like Hue's clock management? Hire him a clock manager.

Dissatisfied with our pass rush? Ask what, in addition to adding an edge guy (Collins) we need to do... In fact you can scratch this last bit, because Jimmah had to approve, or at least acquiesce to, the Collins move and in that discussion the case had to be made how he will help...

But for God's sake, and ours, don't wade in after 12 games. Stay the course for the full season.

He signed onto an approach prior to the draft. in doing so he made a contract with the FO and Staff. He had to know when he did that our record would be very bad... 3-13 bad at a minimum. To bail now just because it's turning out (IMO) slightly worse than very bad would be a betrayal and nothing short of it.

I repeat what I have said before... If Jimmah wades in, if he breaks the "contract". I would expect at a minimum for DePo to resign. He wouldn't need "this shit"; he'd have options in baseball if nowhere else before he hit the parking lot.

Give it until January, then huddle up and get out the scalpel if that's the consensus. Take your time... a scalpel wielded in haste is no better than a meat cleaver... and we've tried meat cleavers before.

End of sermon...

Go Browns!

...bare in mind this statement could involve coaching changes... which would be the unpopular decision lol

lol... I resemble that remark...

Hearing rumors that the ENTIRE coaching staff may be on the hot seat. Yesterday was a disaster for the browns in terms of being out coached. Yea we have a talent gap but the mistakes weren't talent related it was mental,discipline and lack of preparation. Also hearing that Hue is becoming nearly belligerent with the FO :(. Apparently this is his MO from the raiders aswell.... This is quite concerning i was really pulling for hue but if he starts infighting cut him loose we're just spinning our tires :(

Hearing rumors that the ENTIRE coaching staff may be on the hot seat. Yesterday was a disaster for the browns in terms of being out coached. Yea we have a talent gap but the mistakes weren't talent related it was mental,discipline and lack of preparation. Also hearing that Hue is becoming nearly belligerent with the FO :(. Apparently this is his MO from the raiders aswell.... This is quite concerning i was really pulling for hue but if he starts infighting cut him loose we're just spinning our tires :(

So the Raiders canned him for not being great? I thought there may have been more to him getting shitcanned.

Also hearing that Hue is becoming nearly belligerent with the FO :(. Apparently this is his MO from the raiders aswell.... This is quite concerning i was really pulling for hue but if he starts infighting cut him loose we're just spinning our tires :(

If I had this "wise" crew cutting/selecting my players and leaving such a wide gap between me and the 31st worst team, I'd be bitchin' about them too.

What a total disaster this process has been. If I were Hue I'd have been out the door already scuba diving in the Caribbean somewhere.

I'm sorry but this experiment is over. Send them all to baseball where they belong.

Yep, Shanahan looks good with Ryan and Julio. Who would have guessed...

Anyway, who takes the fall? Chris Tabor. Special teams has been awful in pretty much every facet this year, coverage in both directions and both kicking and punting, fair catching the ball on the 5 yard line it ridiculous, the return game has been virtually non-existent, and when we have tried it's usually been negative.

ehhh.....

anyone and everyone looks better now. let's not go overboard.

I dunno mik. Shanny looks like the sharpest tool in the shed for deserting Farmer's disaster for a team with real talent. Good career move for him.

I dunno mik. Shanny looks like the sharpest tool in the shed for deserting Farmer's disaster for a team with real talent. Good career move for him.

yes.

BUT every OC or DC that's on a team with an upswing is in consideration (along with up and coming HCs from the NCAAA) for team's needy greedy bid for new coaching blood. not saying at all that this is what's happening in cleveland but it's kinda cool/weird to see these fools names pop up when we couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

eric, whereforarttho? pettine: brown's MVP coach of all time! (hey, i'd take him back.)

Dissension in the ranks at 0-9? GTFO!

OK... I am ready with some nominees...

2016-louie-cioffi-hs.jpg Louie Cioffi - Defensive Backs

Should have seen this coming. Never hire a fatty as your DB Coach!

2016-cannon-matthews-hs.jpg Cannon Matthews - Assistant Defensive Backs

Looks the part... but "Cannon"? Seems like bad karma...

2016-eric-saunders-hs.jpgEric Sanders - Defensive Quality Control

Title says it all... Probably has absenteeism issues anyway...

Dissension in the ranks at 0-9? GTFO!

OK... I am ready with some nominees...

2016-louie-cioffi-hs.jpg Louie Cioffi - Defensive Backs

Should have seen this coming. Never hire a fatty as your DB Coach!

2016-cannon-matthews-hs.jpg Cannon Matthews - Assistant Defensive Backs

Looks the part... but "Cannon"? Seems like bad karma...

2016-eric-saunders-hs.jpgEric Sanders - Defensive Quality Control

Title says it all... Probably has absenteeism issues anyway...

You forgot that main character.... Elephants could probably coach better....

220px-HortonHearsAWhoBookCover.jpg

Honestly at this point, i think that if Horton is getting shown the door it's likely going to involve showing Jackson the door as well. I just don't see them separating amicably. I think the biggest problem the browns face right now is the inability to play to their players strengths while simultaneously playing off of our players weaknesses. Game Planning seems to be a big issue with us as well as both physical and mental preparation. I'm just not sure the letting go of just Horton will help to rectify that problem. It's pretty safe to admit that we are regressing as a football team at this point compared to earlier in the season. You can cry talent for days but Blown coverages,Penalties,Discipline,Clock Management,Play Calling,Adjustments (or lack of) and Poor Scheming have very little to do with talent.

Bottom line is that Hue Jackson has shown ZERO reason for the browns to stay the course with Him and HIS HANDPICKED COACHING STAFF.

every coach hand picks their staffs now.

listen, i was one of the first to say this (hue and co.) will be the next homgren shitshow, but i'm wrong more than i am right.

can't fire the staff after one year with no talent to do anything with. AND I MEAN NO TALENT. ZERO. ZILCH.

saw the keystone cops playing on our DLine yesterday. hilarious. nassib get's bone crushed by his partner on a clear path to a tackle.

you can't make this shit up.

Everyone bought into the rebuild! Owner,FO,Jackson,coordinators,and position coaches!!! Fans bought in on tickets! We have NO say in any deviation from the above plan!!! Growing pains are happening. Put on your big boy panties! We are SO YOUNG! This isnt d1 ball this is the PROS!!! Be a professional fan and understand this is a real rebuild! Im good with the progress so far! Some are not! Its a tough pill to swallow being this bad! We are on the right track. Patience in climbing the hill will result in a fun ride! First you have to stand in line and try to understand what is taking so long! Relax and just know we/your in the (ball)park, you have paid admission! We all need to talk and keep each other calm. Being in this ALL consuming line is better when you have friends to pass the time! Bitch and wine,laugh and bullshit with others in line! Watch people who are on the ride,and hate it! Let your opion be known! But try to enjoy SOME of the scenery! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!! How we pass the time is an individual thing. I for one cant wait to enjoy the outcome!!! GO BROWNS FOREVER!!! any questions???

Everyone bought into the rebuild! Owner,FO,Jackson,coordinators,and position coaches!!! Fans bought in on tickets! We have NO say in any deviation from the above plan!!! Growing pains are happening. Put on your big boy panties! We are SO YOUNG! This isnt d1 ball this is the PROS!!! Be a professional fan and understand this is a real rebuild! Im good with the progress so far! Some are not! Its a tough pill to swallow being this bad! We are on the right track. Patience in climbing the hill will result in a fun ride! First you have to stand in line and try to understand what is taking so long! Relax and just know we/your in the (ball)park, you have paid admission! We all need to talk and keep each other calm. Being in this ALL consuming line is better when you have friends to pass the time! Bitch and wine,laugh and bullshit with others in line! Watch people who are on the ride,and hate it! Let your opion be known! But try to enjoy SOME of the scenery! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!! How we pass the time is an individual thing. I for one cant wait to enjoy the outcome!!! GO BROWNS FOREVER!!! any questions???

Where are you hearing this? Source?

saw the keystone cops playing on our DLine yesterday. hilarious. nassib get's bone crushed by his partner on a clear path to a tackle.

you can't make this shit up.

That was funny!

...ok, no, it wasn't funny....it was, roll your eyes and put you face in your hands.

It's just more ineptness.

I'm certain that all of the defensive players that we let go after last season are enjoying what's happening to us.

I expected that our defense would go backwards for a while this season. But I was hoping that by, about now, the players would start to show improvement...like they belong in the league. Unfortunately, they're still looking like skinny kids in a big boy league. Nassib is a good example. He showed flashes in preseason against third stringers....but he certainly looks like a tall, skinny kid against the big fat guy starters he's facing. He can't move them and he can't get around them. All he can do is hope the ball is thrown in his direction so that he can jump up and block the pass.

Archived