THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Redskins Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our Cleveland Browns will try to win their first regular season game in 2016, along with their first road game, and first road game ever at FedEx Field, in their first regular season visit at the Washington Redskins in 8 years.

Browns have not won in Washington, D.C., since winning 17-13 at RFK Stadium in Downtown Washington, back on November 27, 1988.

However, Cleveland leads the overall regular season series over Washington in this afternoon's 46th all-time meeting, with 33 wins, 11 losses, and one tie, beginning with their 20-14 win over the Redskins played at Cleveland, back on November 19, 1950.

NO injuries to both the Redskins and Browns, but GO BROWNS!!!! Here We Go Brown-ies, Here We Go, Woof! Woof! B):)

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

Howdy Faithful Fans? I'm hoping & actually thinking this is one the Browns should win. I know they have Josh Norman but he can't cover everyone. If he covers Pryor, who's six inches taller and way bigger I think Pryor wins that match. Norman won't be picking up Pryor near the end zone like he did to Beckham Jr last week.

Also, Kessler looks poised and this is a good matchup for him. After all, Kirk Cousins isn't exactly Tom Brady and their running game is non existent. Glad they let Alfred Morris go. Wide receiver Pierre Garçon has seen better days. But Crowder can extend the field freeing up Desean Jackson. I think Jackson is the guy the Browns must contain. Other than beating the Giants they don't impress.

i also think they have injuries in their secondary just like we have; so basically this an opportunity we shouldn't waste.

Come On Browns! Shelton, Ogbah, The new Guy Breinn-Boody, and Pryor! Win Win Win???

Howdy Faithful Fans I'm hoping & actually thinking this is one the Browns should win. I know they have Josh Norman but he can't cover everyone. If he covers Pryor, who's six inches taller and way bigger I think Pryor wins that match. Norman won't be picking up Pryor near the end zone like he did to Beckham Jr last week.

Also, Kessler looks poised and this is a good matchup for him. After all, Kirk Cousins isn't exactly Tom Brady and their running game is non existent. Glad they let Alfred Morris go. Wide receiver Pierre Garçon has seen better days. But Crowder can extend the field freeing up Desean Jackson. I think Jackson is the guy the Browns must contain. Other than beating the Giants they don't impress.

i also think they have injuries in their secondary just like we have; so basically this an opportunity we shouldn't waste.

Come On Browns! Shelton, Ogbah, The new Guy Breinn-Boody, and Pryor! Win Win Win

Opal. I'm missing a big opal in my heart. :(

Looking forward to seeing Cody Kessler take two! Defense needs to keep building.Helps bunches they seem so far to be better tacklers! Some of these guys are fun to watch! GO BROWNS ?

Wont go out on a limb and say the Browns "should" win this one.....but they could. IF they build on last weeks game, which was the first in a loooooooooooong time that they actually looked to be competitive. Counting preseason, we have lost 14 straight, soooooo Id say there is no game we should win.....what I DONT want to see is a step back...

Now.....running game looked good last week, so lets see if Hue goes with the hot hand. Right now we lead the league in avg per carry, yet are still running way less than most teams....go with it Hue, why rely on Kessler, when your backs are getting er done????.....And we actually won TOP, which is a big step in the right direction and allows the D to breathe, which in turn, keeps em fresh, which in turn, keeps us in the game....so, more running will help that....

Traymon and Campbell are still out and Wash is one of the top passing teams, so this week would be a good week to create some pressure on the QB....still waiting for that.....so, Cooper, Ogbah, Schobert and friends need to finally show up.....

Sadly....we have stayed with the worthless kicker dude(whats his name?), so lets pray it isnt close or doesnt come down to a kick.....

I think we end up looking OK and making a game of it, but still give up some big plays that are the difference.........

...Browns 17 - Skins 27.....sorry....

If they are going to let them walk up the field every time, they might as well play bump coverage instead of this garbage 10 yard cushion. Maybe get a hit on Cousins? Christ, the only time Cousins threw the ball deep should have been an INT if Poyer doesn't panic and plays the ball...

I like how the ref was chuckling calling the false start on Cody Parkey, seriously what other kicker in the NFL gets a false start penalty? Glad he made the kick though. Crowell is balling out today, Duke seems to be a little off-rhythm. I like how there are multiple receivers on the Browns that can catch, between Pryor, Hawkins and the rookie Ricardo Louis.

Since all I get is NFL Gameday can someone explain why Poyer was flagged for Pass Interference? Isn't the defender entitled to the ball?

Wont go out on a limb and say the Browns "should" win this one.....but they could. IF they build on last weeks game, which was the first in a loooooooooooong time that they actually looked to be competitive. Counting preseason, we have lost 14 straight, soooooo Id say there is no game we should win.....what I DONT want to see is a step back...

Now.....running game looked good last week, so lets see if Hue goes with the hot hand. Right now we lead the league in avg per carry, yet are still running way less than most teams....go with it Hue, why rely on Kessler, when your backs are getting er done????.....And we actually won TOP, which is a big step in the right direction and allows the D to breathe, which in turn, keeps em fresh, which in turn, keeps us in the game....so, more running will help that....

Traymon and Campbell are still out and Wash is one of the top passing teams, so this week would be a good week to create some pressure on the QB....still waiting for that.....so, Cooper, Ogbah, Schobert and friends need to finally show up.....

Sadly....we have stayed with the worthless kicker dude(whats his name?), so lets pray it isnt close or doesnt come down to a kick.....

I think we end up looking OK and making a game of it, but still give up some big plays that are the difference.........

And keep Cousins to zero TD's and less than 300 yds. (so the guy I am matched with in fantasy league gets zero points :lol: )

if this is what we are going to get from hue and whoever called that stupid fucking play to a fullback who never carried the ball this yr with crowell and duke..get the fuck out of town now...this is the same stupid shit for 20 yrs...

Since all I get is NFL Gameday can someone explain why Poyer was flagged for Pass Interference? Isn't the defender entitled to the ball?

Agree...that was a horrible call. Defender was going for the ball and had a much better chance at it than the receiver. And what about Jackson tapping Poyer on the helmet after the play...isn't that taunting? WTF???

Agree...that was a horrible call. Defender was going for the ball and had a much better chance at it than the receiver. And what about Jackson tapping Poyer on the helmet after the play...isn't that taunting? WTF???

I seldom bitch about calls one way or the other, but this PI call was just awful. It wasn't the reason we lost, but it was still a bad, bad call.

Obviously, the FB fumble was the turning point in the game.

I thought Kessler did a good job but I don't see that he can carry a team to victory. Of course, he really doesn't have the receivers he needs. The make-shift OL did a pretty good job. (did not expect that)

Now we play the Patriots, with Tom Brady returning, after being shut out. - Hello 0 & 5.

Now we play the Patriots, with Tom Brady returning, after being shut out. - Hello 0 & 5.

Well, that's why they play the game on the field and not on paper..... We'll see.

Archived