THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper's Classic Rock Trivia Quiz

The Gipper's Classic Rock Trivia Quiz of the Week:
In honor of the appearance of Alice Cooper at the Akron Civic Theater tonight:

1. What Northeast Ohio Company can be considered instrumental in the formation of the Alice Cooper Band, and why?

2. What does the Alice Cooper Band and Cleveland's Baseball history have in common?

3. What old TV show, predating the formation of the band, had a character named Alice Cooper in it.

4. What artist (as in painter) influenced much of what Alice Cooper's image was to become?

5. What play/movie/musical influenced much of what Alice Cooper and Band's did in their stage act?

Have an awesome time! If you hang around after the show you can usually meet the band. The drummer Glen Sobel is crazy talented. Alice puts on a great show and there is the giant toy box on stage too and a couple of surprises show up on stage. I wanted to make the trip but life happens. Maybe he'll come back to Warren. Rock on WSS!

In response to #4, I'm not positive but wasn't it Salvador Dahli (SP?) that has had a big influence on Alice? I swear I remember seeing that in Super Duper Alice Cooper. If it isn't Salvador Dahli (sp) there is another that comes to mind but I'll stick with this answer for now.

In response to #4, I'm not positive but wasn't it Salvador Dahli (SP?) that has had a big influence on Alice? I swear I remember seeing that in Super Duper Alice Cooper. If it isn't Salvador Dahli (sp) there is another that comes to mind but I'll stick with this answer for now.

Dali is correct

The Gipper's Classic Rock Trivia Quiz of the Week:

In honor of the appearance of Alice Cooper at the Akron Civic Theater tonight:

Answers:

1. What Northeast Ohio Company can be considered instrumental in the formation of the Alice Cooper Band, and why?

Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. Both Glenn Buxton and Neal Smith were born in Akron. Their Dads worked for Goodyear but when Goodyear started a new plant in Arizona they were both transferred to Phoenix, where they went to High School with Vincent Furnier and the other guys, and the rest is history.

Neal Smith's Grandparents lived in Norton. (same as me and WSS)

2. What does the Alice Cooper Band and Cleveland's Baseball history have in common?

The Alice Cooper Band was originally called The Spiders. Cleveland's original major league baseball team was called The Spiders.

3. What old TV show, predating the formation of the band, had a character named Alice Cooper in it.

Mayberry RFD

4. What artist (as in painter) influenced much of what Alice Cooper's image was to become?

Salvador Dali

5. What play/movie/musical influenced much of what Alice Cooper and Band's did in their stage act?

Cabaret....old friends

• 2 weeks later...

Archived