THE BROWNS BOARD

R. Jennings still on the board- will he FALL!!!!

crikes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With three 6s, I'd think they could move into round 5 for a guy they want.

I agree - Javon Ringer, Rashad Jennings, Peerman - Ot Merideth and ILB Brinkly all available - I just think that with the contract extention for JL and the love Mangini has for Harrison they are not going to draft one for some reason a RB that is

With three 6s, I'd think they could move into round 5 for a guy they want.

My son is at Berea covering the draft for his radio station and the local paper. He just emailed me and said word is that the Browns are working the phones trying to move up. Some are saying it is for a RB (Jennings) and a CB that is still on their board that they like.

If you look at the teams left to pick in the 5th round and the first 3 in the 6th they all have addressed their teams needs a RB - they all have good backs and 49ers got Coffee - let Jennings be there - and HAHAHA to the person that said he wouldnt be there through the 3rd you got duked - come on mangina make some fracking moves!!!

Guest Masters
If you look at the teams left to pick in the 5th round and the first 3 in the 6th they all have addressed their teams needs a RB - they all have good backs and 49ers got Coffee - let Jennings be there - and HAHAHA to the person that said he wouldnt be there through the 3rd you got duked - come on mangina make some fracking moves!!!

NE and KC could each use a young RB.

Guest Aloysius

Decent pick. Carey's a small school guy who shined during the Shrine Game practices. Was considered more of a Tampa 2 corner due to a perceived lack of long speed, but he ran a 4.49 at the Combine.

DAMN there goes the CB we somewhat needed but didnt we just get one with the jets trade or was that a S - either way we have to wait till 191 WTF - is this really happening

What's everyone excited about ... it's the sixth round.

If you get a special teamer, you're lucky.

This corner looks like a smart kid and a good athlete.

Zombo

Well what do we do now? If Jennings falls to our next 6th rounder to we takem? There are two good rbs Peeman and Jennings and we have to wait 12 spots to find out. I think we will take a OL annd a RB. I thought Coye Francis CB was suppose to go in the 3rd or 4th and we didnt take him in the 6th? Well im not the scout so we will see how that cb works out.

NFL Draft Q&A: CB Don Carey

657399.jpg

CB Don Carey (Norfolk St. Athletics)

Don Carey had an opportunity to go to Yale, but became a four-year starter at cornerback for Norfolk State. Now he's on the brink of being drafted by an NFL team. Scout.com's Ed Thompson chatted with Carey about the teams who are showing interest in him, his college career and his future in the NFL.

NFL teams are increasingly taking notice of Don Carey, a highly-motivated and intelligent cornerback who was a four-year starter at Norfolk State.

Carey has told Scout.com that he has an official visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers on April 8 and another one with the Seattle Seahawks a week later. And as previously reported by Scout.com, Carey has already worked out for the Miami Dolphins and the Seahawks. At the NFL Scouting Combine, he had formal interviews with the Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Steelers.

The very personable and talented 5-foot-11, 192-pound defensive back is going to be a terrific addition to the NFL team that drafts him at the end of the month. He intercepted five passes, recovered a pair of fumbles and made 42 tackles during his senior campaign. Carey recently talked to me about his career, his skills and why he'll be successful at the next level.

Ed Thompson: Talk about the skills you possess that you believe are going to make you successful in the NFL.

Don Carey: I can play both corner and safety equally well and excel at both. I'm a fast learner, and I adapt easily and quickly. I'm a physical player who likes to get up and jam receivers. I like coming up for the run and delivering a hit. Put all that together and that's what I think I have over a lot of other guys.

Thompson: When you look back on your career at Norfolk State, is there a play or a particular moment that you'll always remember?

657396.jpg

Carey: My game-winning blocked extra point in 2007 against Hampton. That was the first time that we had them

Thompson: You're a person who has always made academic achievement a high priority. Where does that come from?

Carey: Growing up, my mother was extremely strict about school. A lot of times I would be grounded for bringing home a "C" unless I had to have a very good excuse. So school always comes first. Coming out of high school, I was accepted into Yale, but I didn't get a scholarship to play football, so I couldn't afford it.

Thompson: I guess you're not a guy who gets too worried when someone plops a new playbook in front of you.

Carey: (laughs) No, not at all.

Thompson: While interacting with NFL scouts and coaches, how important has it been to them that you were a four-year starter?

Carey: Very important. I think it helps me all that much more since I'm coming from a small school. It lets them know that maybe since I started there for four years that maybe I could have started at another level for at least couple years. I think it's just another positive in my book.

Thompson: You became just the third player in your school's history to be invited to the NFL Scouting Combine. What was your overall impression of that experience?

Carey: It was fun. There were times when I just sat back, took it all in, and I laughed a lot. I have fun with everything I do. I knew I was experiencing something that very few people from my school had actually been able to experience. So I did have fun with every moment of it.

Thompson: What do you love about the game most of all?

Carey: I love to compete. I am extremely competitive. I feel that football is the ultimate competitive sport.

Thompson: What do you like to do for fun off the field?

Carey: I just try to relax because I'm so busy at school. I'm the head tutor in our department. So when I'm not at practice or in class, I'm usually tutoring. I'm kind of like the team barber as well, cutting the hair of my teammates. I can even cut my own hair. If you can cut your own hair, you can cut anybody's hair. One summer I did it to get some extra money in my pocket, and it helped out a lot. But when I do have a moment to myself, I like to relax and listen to my old-school jams. (laughs)

Thompson: What's the most important thing for everyone to know about you as a person?

Carey: The level of dedication I'll bring to a team is unmatched. I'm always going to be the hardest worker, no matter where I am. I'm always trying to improve my situation, trying to be better than I was yesterday

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY MANCOCK IS SO CONTENT WITH LEWIS AND HARRISON IN THE BACKFIELD THIS IS GOING TO B A PATHETIC BACKFEILD NEXT YEAR

Yeah ... If only we could draft a sixth round rb to beat out a future Hall of Famer and a guy that averaged six yards per carry last year.

We've added a ton of beef on the offensive line. We will have one of the best lines in the NFL. We added two talented receivers ... including the "most polished". We've got a tight end that is a monster blocker.

All these upgrades to the offense helps the running game.

If we have to wait a year to upgrade the feature back because of other needs so be it ... but I assure you ... the answer was not, and is not, in the sixth round.

Zombo

Archived