THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Wentz

MasterDog

I would take that Philly pick & give it to Pats (right now) for the rights to Jimmy G. even while his arm is still in a sling :o. So tired of the draft & develop QB bla,bla crap in Cleveland. Than go to the A&M moonshine stile one last time for M.Garrett,with our #1 pick..

Ah the track record of quarterbacks Bill B has traded away isn't particularly good. Like Matt Cassell and Ryan Mallett. The Patriots make that trade in a heartbeat.

Get prepared to hear it for the next 12 years, champ

If Wentz continues to play at this level, guaranteed.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck a bunch of Carson Wentz.

Shouldn't we still be mad that the Browns drafted Kurt Burris with the #13 pick overall in the 1955 draft....Burris a guy who never played a down in the NFL.....instead of taking Johnny Unitas who was picked in the 9th round?

See how absurd it all is to discuss Wentz? Browns maybe could have had 3-4 more titles if they had taken JU.

Fuck a bunch of Carson Wentz.

Shouldn't we still be mad that the Browns drafted Kurt Burris with the #13 pick overall in the 1955 draft....Burris a guy who never played a down in the NFL.....instead of taking Johnny Unitas who was picked in the 9th round?

See how absurd it all is to discuss Wentz? Browns maybe could have had 3-4 more titles if they had taken JU.

What is absurd is your analogy.

Fans want to experience the thrill of having a winning team in their lifetimes rather than having to read about it in history books... the bitching about not selecting JU stays with the browns fans of 1955.

What is absurd is your analogy.

Fans want to experience the thrill of having a winning team in their lifetimes rather than having to read about it in history books... the bitching about not selecting JU stays with the browns fans of 1955.

What is absurd is the fact that you are too obtuse to recognize that I was purposely being absurd.

I could have used any of numerous more recent analogies: Why didn't the Browns take Derek Carr instead of JFF, why didn't they take Russell Wilson instead of Weeden, why didn't they take Rodgers, or Roethlisberger, or why not take Tom Brady instead of Spergon Wynn....and on and on and on.

I just don't want to hear this fucking teenage lament over not taking Carson Wentz....or any other motherfucker that the Ghosts of Browns Christmases past passed up. The Browns have made bad draft choice after bad draft choice time and time again.

I mean shit.....why did the Steelers wait until the 6th round (and every other team) to take Antonio Brown if they knew he was this good? You got lucky that some 200+ other choices were made before you got this guy and not one of the other 31 teams took him.

I mean....do you need a fucking humor transplant to get it when someone is being sarcastic?

What is absurd is the fact that you are too obtuse to recognize that I was purposely being absurd.

I could have used any of numerous more recent analogies: Why didn't the Browns take Derek Carr instead of JFF, why didn't they take Russell Wilson instead of Weeden, why didn't they take Rodgers, or Roethlisberger, or why not take Tom Brady instead of Spergon Wynn....and on and on and on.

I just don't want to hear this fucking teenage lament over not taking Carson Wentz....or any other motherfucker that the Ghosts of Browns Christmases past passed up. The Browns have made bad draft choice after bad draft choice time and time again.

I mean shit.....why did the Steelers wait until the 6th round (and every other team) to take Antonio Brown if they knew he was this good? You got lucky that some 200+ other choices were made before you got this guy and not one of the other 31 teams took him.

I mean....do you need a fucking humor transplant to get it when someone is being sarcastic?

1) Carr- Manziel, Wilson- Weeden. Both quarterbacks, we guessed wrong.

2) Brady got passed on by every team in the NFL.

3) The only team that passed on Wentz was the Rams.

4) According to this board, and most draft experts, what was the Browns #1 need this April? If you say qb, go to the head of the class.

5) Hue worked out both R(Glass) III and Wentz. Sort of has egg on his face for that choice. (PS if Kessler continues to play 1\2 decent, and Hue trots out Robert Glass to prove he was "right", he's never going to hear the end of it from this quarter. I've already seen enough of Griffin to know he sucks.)

6) DePodesta said "We didn't have Wentz as a top 20 qb." Well right now Wentz is #8 in qbr (104)with 5 TDs and NO int's. Not shabby at all for a rookie qb. Stick that one up your tailpipe Depo, the rest of the league IS laughing their ass off right now about that comment.

OK, we don't know how this is going to shake out long term with the draft picks the Browns acquired, BUT as of today- it's looking like yet another MAJOR f**kup by the Browns. I don't like my team being treated as a National joke. That's not crying Gip- it's just pointing out the obvious.

I'll play Devils Advocate with you. Should Wentz go on to have a HOF Career, the only way the Browns come out ahead on the trade is IF 1) Coleman has a Paul Warfield career, Kessler is the second coming of Drew Brees, and our #1 overall in 2017 (we're heading in that direction fast) Myles Garrett is another Bruce Smith or JJ Watt.

t.

OK, we don't know how this is going to shake out long term with the draft picks the Browns acquired, BUT as of today- it's looking like yet another MAJOR f**kup by the Browns. I don't like my team being treated as a National joke. That's not crying Gip- it's just pointing out the obvious.

It has been pointed out ad fucking nauseum. We don't need to reminded of this horseshit any more than we need to be reminded that we passed on Johnny Unitas.

That is my point: Give it a fucking rest. :P

I'll play Devils Advocate with you. Should Wentz go on to have a HOF Career, the only way the Browns come out ahead on the trade is IF 1) Coleman has a Paul Warfield career, Kessler is the second coming of Drew Brees, and our #1 overall in 2017 (we're heading in that direction fast) Myles Garrett is another Bruce Smith or JJ Watt.

If your grandfather had tits he would be your grandmother. What the fuck ever.

Why not talk about what we do have, and what we could get.

Not what we didn't get.

I mean.....I could go Ghoolie on you over this subject. WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT FUCKING JOHNNY UNITAS11111

We ca

t.

It has been pointed out ad fucking nauseum. We don't need to reminded of this horseshit any more than we need to be reminded that we passed on Johnny Unitas.

That is my point: Give it a fucking rest. :P

If your grandfather had tits he would be your grandmother. What the fuck ever.

Why not talk about what we do have, and what we could get.

Not what we didn't get.

I mean.....I could go Ghoolie on you over this subject. WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT FUCKING JOHNNY UNITAS11111

We do talk about what we do have in the 1.5 ass-billion other threads.

In this thread, we talk about how we fucked up by not getting Carson Wentz.

WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT BART STARR IN THE 1956 INSTEAD OF TAKING FUCKING PRESTON CARPENTER?!

BECAUSE THAT WAS 1956, NOT 2016. SASHI WASN'T EVEN BORN YET TO SCREW THAT ONE UP. Sure looks like we screwed up again. That IS a topic for conversation Gip- sorry about that.

Not so much that Wentz looks good, it's we look like the dumfucks of the league right now for not taking him while we had the chance.

BECAUSE THAT WAS 1956, NOT 2016. SASHI WASN'T EVEN BORN YET TO SCREW THAT ONE UP. Sure looks like we screwed up again. That IS a topic for conversation Gip- sorry about that.

Not so much that Wentz looks good, it's we look like the dumfucks of the league right now for not taking him while we had the chance.

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT KEN STABLER IN 1968 IN THE FIRST ROUND INSTEAD OF TAKING MARVIN UPSHAW. (STABLER DRAFTED IN 2D ROUND #52 BY RAIDERS)

Wentz is the real deal. Strong Arm, Reads defenses and can move in the pocket. He looks real good. Better than Rothlesberger in his rookie year. Wentz will go far if he stays healthy. Another QB looking good is Paxton Lynch.

The Browns will have pick number 1 in 2017 and another later on. They'll take a QB just hope it's the right one.

They're laughing about Prescott too down this way.

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT KEN STABLER IN 1968 IN THE FIRST ROUND INSTEAD OF TAKING MARVIN UPSHAW. (STABLER DRAFTED IN 2D ROUND #52 BY RAIDERS)

You're obviously not listening Gip. Boo f**king hoo. 1968 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 2016 EITHER. Shit, you'd have to be 60 years old to remember that one. LOL, the Internet didn't exist then, so buy a clue. For the record, I'm only counting 1999 on for screw ups, though I'd sure like to include the likes of Craig Powell, Mike Junkin, and Tom Cousineau (forfeited first round pick) in the list . Sort of recent history that just might have changed the the current Browns fortunes.

So Mr Trivia Master, why don't you rank the 10 biggest Browns draft failures since 1999? Right now, I have passing on Wentz as the solid #2, with the potential of moving up to #1. That spot is still held by drafting Spare Change Warren instead of Ladainian Tomlinson or Richard Seymour.

Besides that, here's a list for your consideration. Smokin' Willie Green. Manziel, Wee-done, Quinn. Trent Richardson. Mohamed Massivedrop, Brian Slowbiskie, David Veikune, Blow Bell, Jeremiah (robbing the phamacy) Pharms. Barky Bingo, Justin Gilbert, Vince Mayle. So many busts to chose from.

Now in 5 years, we might look on this as similar to the Hershell Walker trade that got the Browns to a couple of Super Bowls- or a dumb ass move that got the Harvard Brainless trust out to selling Hot Dogs on West 6th street.

PS instead of arguing about Wentz, why not avoid this thread? It's not like we have 10 simultaneous ones going as we did with the departed A&M Party Boy.

So Mr Trivia Master, why don't you rank the 10 biggest Browns draft failures since 1999? Right now, I have passing on Wentz as the solid #2, with the potential of moving up to #1. That spot is still held by drafting Spare Change Warren instead of Ladainian Tomlinson or Richard Seymour.

If I did this I would limit it to: "who are the biggest failures that the Browns actually drafted", not to "who are the legion of players the Browns coulda had". You listed many of them.

I will give you a baker's dozen in fact:

Quinn

Weeden

Manziel

Richardson

Gilbert

Mingo

Wm. Green

Courtney Brown

Edwards

Warren

Taylor

Robiskie

Chaun Thompson

Now, your question is: who COULD we have had instead of these guys. It will take some time, but I will check it out.

Here you go, here is the second guessers delight of Browns draft picks, first column is person Browns took, second column is a guy they coulda had in the same spot that was drafted later:

Courtney Brown......Brian Urlacher

Gerard Warren.....LaDanian Tomlinson

William Green.....Ed Reed

Braylon Edwards....DeMarcus Ware

Kameron Wimbley....Tamba Hali

Brady Quinn....Eric Weddle

Brian Robiskie...LeSean McCoy

Phil Taylor....not make the trade, take Julio Jones

Trent Richardson....Luke Kuechley

Brandon Weeden....Russell Wilson

Barkevious Mingo....DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Gilbert....don't make trade, take Khalil Mack....or even with trade take Aaron Donald

J. Manziel....Derek Carr

Happy now?

Here you go, here is the second guessers delight of Browns draft picks, first column is person Browns took, second column is a guy they coulda had in the same spot that was drafted later:

Justin Gilbert....don't make trade, take Khalil Mack....or even with trade take Aaron Donald

J. Manziel....Derek Carr

Happy now?

LOL Gip, that list is enough to get out the barf bag. You missed one that still rankles though. 2004, Kellen Winslow or Ben Rothlisberger. Personally recommended by Moi. :) Had Ben been drafted by the Browns, we probably would have overlooked his bar indiscretions.

PS- I'd put drafting Brady Quinn in the #3 pole position of mess ups. Remember that the Browns traded up to get Quinn giving up a 2008 first round pick to Dallas that could have been Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, or Jordy Nelson.

LOL Gip, that list is enough to get out the barf bag. You missed one that still rankles though. 2004, Kellen Winslow or Ben Rothlisberger. Personally recommended by Moi. :) Had Ben been drafted by the Browns, we probably would have overlooked his bar indiscretions.

PS- I'd put drafting Brady Quinn in the #3 pole position of mess ups. Remember that the Browns traded up to get Quinn giving up a 2008 first round pick to Dallas that could have been Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, or Jordy Nelson.

Actually, I messed one of these picks up badly:

2005....instead of Braylon, Browns coulda taken Aaron Rodgers. That to me was a far bigger mess up than taking K2 over BR.

(plus, I did the above in chronological rank....not merit rank. Quinn may have been the worse pick...but perhaps not the worst situation where we passed over someone else.

J. Manziel....Derek Carr

Happy now?

You're getting off track here. Every team blows picks. We are talking solely about the QB position, the most important position in football that for 17yrs. the browns have failed to acquire a franchise QB.

You've seen that jersey with all the browns QB's since 99 listed on it all over the internet....never saw one with Taylor crossed out and "shoulda been J. Jones" written under it LOL.

I understand that the browns missing on Wentz is water under the bridge, but after 17 yrs. a mistake of that magnitude is not easy to just poo poo and not talk about.

Bitching about your own team is part of being a fan.

You're getting off track here.

No I'm not. This is what Hoorta asked for. And we ride on whatever tracks we choose. We can go to Atchison, or Topeka, or Santa Fe.

Every team blows picks. We are talking solely about the QB position, the most important position in football that for 17yrs. the browns have failed to acquire a franchise QB.

QB is ONE position we are talking about. We can talk about all the positions on the field.

You've seen that jersey with all the browns QB's since 99 listed on it all over the internet....never saw one with Taylor crossed out and "shoulda been J. Jones" written under it LOL.

You act as if QB is the only position they have fucked up with their picks. It sure as hell ain't. If the Browns had hit paydirt on every position but QB over the last 17 years, we would not be talking so badly about the QBs. The rest of the team likely would have been strong.

But they have missed on RB, WR, DL, LB,DBs (though, honestly their high picks at OL have been OK really....Faine, Mack, JT, Bito, Schwartz.....etc. the biggest one of concern is Erving

I understand that the browns missing on Wentz is water under the bridge, but after 17 yrs. a mistake of that magnitude is not easy to just poo poo and not talk about.

Why don't you go off and commit corporal mortification to atone for your sins.

I am not going to do the same to myself over fucking Carson Wentz.

You want to be Christ like? Die for my sins...or the Browns sins.

Otherwise, STFU.

You're getting off track here. Every team blows picks. We are talking solely about the QB position, the most important position in football that for 17yrs. the browns have failed to acquire a franchise QB.

You've seen that jersey with all the browns QB's since 99 listed on it all over the internet.

:) BUT- the point I was making with Gip is since 1999, the Browns have written the book on how to blow draft picks, year after year. Not just at the QB position. Missed on HOFer Tomlinson & a bunch more I'd say at this point are mortal locks (Reed, Rodgers, Rothlisberger), Yikes, missing on Rodgers and Rothlisberger, too early to say with certainty about Wentz, but right now it's not looking good. (Who could have guessed Wilson and Brady were going to turn out stellar?) In all those years, only two big hits- the Joes, Haden and Thomas.

What has me concerned is we went shopping in the bargain bin again this year with Kessler. Tried that before with Frye and McCoy. If this year pans out as I expect- the Browns will have their pick of "franchise" qbs next year Kiser, Watson or Kaaya- they had better not blow it, or trade down again next year.

Interesting tweet from Gil Brandt. . .

Of 8 current starting QBs that were drafted No. 1 overall, Sam Bradford is only 1 w/ winning record this season. Other 7 are combined 9-19.

Winston

Newton

Stafford

Goff...I guess they include him.

Alex Smith

Eli

Carson Palmer

Then Bradford?

Yep, I thought I was missing someone....not named Jamarcus Russell.

I Vick still considered active? I think he had been looking for a team,...and the Browns had thought about him, nay?

He's still available, but I don't think there are any takers.

We could had Mack and Carr!!! 2 corner stone players on opposite side of the ball.

But we BLEW it because of some bum and a dumb phone call...

How the fock did the front office not dig anything up during their due diligence?

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/10/6/13186714/johnny-manziel-s-long-time-friend-says-going-to-cleveland-was-the-worst-thing-ever

Archived