THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Wentz

MasterDog

What will make you pleased being the trivia guru that you are, is that the Steelers have gone through the entire Super Bowl era never winning in Philly...the last Steeler victory in Philly was in 1965!

That's gotta change.

Interesting. How many times have they played there? I don't know...some people think Wentz is the new BR (big strapping guy, accurate, from a smaller college)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough of Wentz already

In our current team in front of this O line he'd be 0-2 and probably injured. Carson Palmer record at the Raiders was what, 8-16 or something? It's not as simple as plugging someone in at QB here and them excelling off the bat, I can understand the fans fustration but the media can get fucked, are there no NFL writers that can see it's not that easy?

Enough of Wentz already

In our current team in front of this O line he'd be 0-2 and probably injured. Carson Palmer record at the Raiders was what, 8-16 or something? It's not as simple as plugging someone in at QB here and them excelling off the bat, I can understand the fans fustration but the media can get fucked, are there no NFL writers that can see it's not that easy?

Sometimes it is that easy. Sometimes people fabricate scenarios in order to make themselves feel better. Sometimes a good QB makes those around him better. Since you went with Palmer, so will I. Arizona went from 5-11 without Palmer to 10-6 in his first year there.

Who's to say our offensive line would be performing as bad if Wentz was getting the ball out to his receivers early on?

I think our offensive line performed decently admirably in the first half of the Ravens game, wouldn't you say? McCown wasn't doing anything more than being a distributor, and that's exactly what Wentz's role has been in Philadelphia.

It's infinitely easier to build around a franchise QB than it is to build a team of Pro Bowl players first. Problem is, you can't keep changing QB's and coaches every year.

Enough of Wentz already

Enough of Wentz already

Is the Eagles o-line that much better than ours? Hue- "Just trust me". Right now I'd sure as hell take Wentz over a Crippled RG III. I'll defer judgement on Kessler for the moment.

Is the Eagles o-line that much better than ours? Hue- "Just trust me". Right now I'd sure as hell take Wentz over a Crippled RG III. I'll defer judgement on Kessler for the moment.

I have a more than sneaking suspicion that the powers that be may have pulled rank on Hue in regards to Wentz and that his "just trust me" is more of a covering up than anything else.

I mean, think about it, who would be more apt to believe in a guy who seemingly just has "it"...the numbers guys or the football guys? Goff sounds more like a fit with Sashi and co., while Wentz sounds more like a Hue kinda guy.

Further, Sashi and Co. fired the scouts who were on the Wentz bandwagon. Hue didn't fire them.

To me, it sounds like Sashi and Co. said "we want Goff, he has the numbers" and Hue went "well how about we take a different guy with the numbers that I can work with and see what happens".

I wouldn't take anything away from Wentz, they're still NFL defenses the dude wasn't even playing FBS defenses in college.

But there's no sense in drooling over him now

you are correct..they still are nfl defenses that some of the qb's we drafted in the past would suck against. Face it, he is showing promise, those good performances against mediocre defenses are going to show up against good defenses in the future. Maybe not this weekend, but at some point, it will...and we will be sobbing once again...

I think there's a vast difference in drooling over someone and being able to admit that it's starting to look like the evaluation of Wentz was a bit off-the-mark.

His biggest (and almost only) knock was that the speed of the game would be too much for him, coming from a FCS school. Philadelphia has done a great job in helping him prepare and has padded his learning curve by playing to his strengths while giving him higher percentage plays to ease him in, however his preparation and mental acuity have shown that this game isn't too much for him.

His first drive against Chicago is EXACTLY the right thing to do for a young QB - lean on his experience in the no huddle, give him three or four hand signals, let him walk to the line and diagnose what the defense gives him and then adjust his receivers to routes he feels comfortable with using his hand signals. He set a pace and was able to get into a groove. Yet he was still facing a NFL caliber defense, with NFL caliber talent, coached by a very solid and experienced NFL DC.

The whole "he hasn't played anyone" narrative is both wrong and stupid. He's played the teams on his schedule, and has beaten them. That's all he's been asked to do, and it's something none of our QB's have ever done.

Eh, meet you in the middle on that. The guy looks good, but the Bears by the end of the third quarter lost FIVE defensive starters (and three DBs) for the rest of the game on Monday. Between that and playing our lovely bag o'crap defense was about the best start Philly could have possibly hoped for.

Definitely agree with you on how Philly is easing him in though. I think Hue is smart enough to do that with Kessler too, just a matter of if the talent is there.

Eh, meet you in the middle on that. The guy looks good, but the Bears by the end of the third quarter lost FIVE defensive starters (and three DBs) for the rest of the game on Monday. Between that and playing our lovely bag o'crap defense was about the best start Philly could have possibly hoped for.

Definitely agree with you on how Philly is easing him in though. I think Hue is smart enough to do that with Kessler too, just a matter of if the talent is there.

To me, my biggest thing is that he doesn't LOOK overwhelmed. I agree he's gotten a decent luck of the draw, but I also haven't seen any indications of him being a Manziel, or a Russell, or a Leaf, or a Boller, or anyone of of those QB's who just didn't LOOK like they could handle it.

I'm not saying he could go out and take down the Patriots tomorrow, but I also haven't seen anything so far that would make me think he'd go out and pull a Manziel vs. Panthers/Bengals either.

Yes it is, we've got two QBs injured they have none. Wentz would not be 2-0 here. The situations are chalk and cheese (British saying, not sure if it works over there)

So we traded out of the spot and missed on Wentz. To me that is a chance you have to take to build a complete team. The one you should focus on is Prescott since he was sitting right there with universally better evals from just about every expert out there while Kessler was rated a late round pickup. Hue has put all his eggs in the Kessler "trust me" basket. So over the next few years he had better prove out at least equal to Prescott.

Yes it is, we've got two QBs injured they have none. Wentz would not be 2-0 here. The situations are chalk and cheese (British saying, not sure if it works over there)

Disagree. Rewatched the game(s) Griffin got hurt on a running play, and McCown doesn't know how to toss the ball into the seats before he gets killed.

To me, my biggest thing is that he doesn't LOOK overwhelmed. I agree he's gotten a decent luck of the draw, but I also haven't seen any indications of him being a Manziel, or a Russell, or a Leaf, or a Boller, or anyone of of those QB's who just didn't LOOK like they could handle it.

I'm not saying he could go out and take down the Patriots tomorrow, but I also haven't seen anything so far that would make me think he'd go out and pull a Manziel vs. Panthers/Bengals either.

Yup. He made 2 big throws that should had been TDs that got dropped last game.

The dude plays like he behinds in the league. His command of the offense was equal to A. Luck in his first few games. Outstanding. Period.

The Browns organization and most of it's fans have 0 clue what a successful young QB looks like.

Carson Wentz is going to be a stud in this league. If anyone had watched the last 2 games, this dude is the real deal.

;

Guess he can go ahead and retire then and we can just induct him in the hof and be done with it.

Would any of you guys seriously rather have Carson wentz over Coleman right now? Big young accurate qbs who are poised in the pocket are a dime a dozen in today's nfl....I mean what's the best case scenario for Carson wentz? Some combination of Peyton and Brady's career? Give me a poor mans Antonio brown paired with a scrappy fighter like Cody Kessler any day over that....

and we traded, dont forget, for Philadelphia's 1st round pick which will turn out to be the 20th or worse. LMAO the Browns are dumb AF

I was wondering where you've been..... Now the Debbie Downers get their founding member back, and will be stoked.

At least we can evaluate QB's....something no Browns FO member can do.

Too bad none of ya work for the Browns....... although that QB in Jacksonville, you missed on him.

Too bad none of ya work for the Browns....... although that QB in Jacksonville, you missed on him.

Did I? He's still on the field, unlike all of our opening day QB's we've had since we passed on Bortles.

I couldn't work for the Browns - I actually know football. I'm pretty sure the number one requirement to work in our FO is "know nothing about anything".

Hue will realize that and ask for his release soon enough.

Archived