LondonBrown

Corey Coleman

stillmotion    59
2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If he broke his hand did the Browns lose anything?  He was a terrible draft pick and they aren't going to pay him after his rookie deal is up.

Yeah we lost something. Time. There's plenty of people we could've took instead of trading down for Coleman (Zeke? Bosa?) It was a weak WR draft, and Chiefs got Tyreek Hill in the fifth round.

D Bone    552
7 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If he broke his hand did the Browns lose anything?  He was a terrible draft pick and they aren't going to pay him after his rookie deal is up.

Hopefully this opens up a spot for the kid from Seattle that was inactive today. Him and Higgins I guess..................... 

BaconHound    92
21 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Yeah we lost something. Time. There's plenty of people we could've took instead of trading down for Coleman (Zeke? Bosa?) It was a weak WR draft, and Chiefs got Tyreek Hill in the fifth round.

I agree but Sashi can do no wrong.  The problem with the Browns was Farmer & Pettine

stillmotion    59
1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

I agree but Sashi can do no wrong.  The problem with the Browns was Farmer & Pettine

Sashi is smart, but every human can make mistakes. It's hard to say Coleman isn't a mistake at this point.

tiamat63    353

For me the issues stem from the 2016 draft.

I believed Wentz to be a quality player worth a high selection.   Now it's true I also was on board taking Goff that high should he not have gone #1 overall.   Tour was right, his anticipation was better than Carsons' at the time.    But the Eagles are putting it all on his shoulders right now with mediocre receivers and a questionable running game.  Kid is still producing.      What got me the most was the gift that fell into our laps with Michael Thomas.   He should have been the first receiver off the board - his game is tailored for the NFL.  Sashi and co. really botched that pick.  

Can Corey still be a solid player and contributor? Yes.         But what what we need our first round picks to be?  Hard time seeing that.   

BaconHound    92
33 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Sashi is smart, but every human can make mistakes. It's hard to say Coleman isn't a mistake at this point.

Unfortunately a GM that trades value for a pick can't make those mistakes, unless of course the owner is a fool and the fans support your product even though it stinks.

LondonBrown    171
34 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

EVERY GM or HC is going to get it wrong, Belichick traded for Kony Ealy and he was cut before week one. 

• Upvote 1

LondonBrown    171
Just now, stillmotion said:

Are you defending the corey coleman pick?

Not at all, and how you inferred that from my post I'll never know. It's completely pointless going over every pick a team does or doesnt make, there'll always be someone somewhere that has outperfomed them. 

stillmotion    59
2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Not at all, and how you inferred that from my post I'll never know. It's completely pointless going over every pick a team does or doesnt make, there'll always be someone somewhere that has outperfomed them. 

True, but

A ) The Browns have had too many bad drafts in the past

B ) We can't afford to f#$% up again by trading down and selecting a WR who can't catch like coleman

C ) We need playmakers. NOW! How long is this "plan" and "rebuild" going to take? Especially without a QB?

• Like 1

BaconHound    92
15 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The point isn't missing on a Myles Garrett. It's trading down letting real talent pass to take a player you love, who turns out to be a bust.  They passed on a taking a #2 to get Coleman and Peppers?

LondonBrown    171
2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The point isn't missing on a Myles Garrett. It's trading down letting real talent pass to take a player you love, who turns out to be a bust.  They passed on a taking a #2 to get Coleman and Peppers?

Well I still think it remains to be seen how they both turn out especially Peppers jeez he's played two games. Taking a player high is no guarantee of talent anyway or the word bust wouldn't exist in NFL circles.

stillmotion    59
4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Well I still think it remains to be seen how they both turn out especially Peppers jeez he's played two games. Taking a player high is no guarantee of talent anyway or the word bust wouldn't exist in NFL circles.

So far Coleman HAS been a bust though, on all levels.

BaconHound    92
14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Coleman might turn out to be s solid WR and Peppers could be a very good safety but they could've taken the chance on the QB - Wentz, the RB Zeke or the LB Bosa

LondonBrown    171
33 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

True, but

A ) The Browns have had too many bad drafts in the past

B ) We can't afford to f#$% up again by trading down and selecting a WR who can't catch like coleman

C ) We need playmakers. NOW! How long is this "plan" and "rebuild" going to take? Especially without a QB?

Trading down cant be the problem though thats my point, its the player you take that makes or breaks that deal. Agree with you on the playmakers, Britt isn't arsed about anything right now and Crowell isnt running nor blocking

LondonBrown    171
1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Coleman might turn out to be s solid WR and Peppers could be a very good safety but they could've taken the chance on the QB - Wentz, the RB Zeke or the LB Bosa

The Wentz trade has yielded a lot of players that are starting plus still got a 1st round pick to come out of it. I know we arent winning but the roster needed overhauling, that trade had to be done

• Upvote 1

Orion    123

I wanted Wentz.  

Anywhooo, apparently Coleman did not have a good game.  Nor did Britt.  The only guy to show up big appears to be Higgins (of ALL people).

Browns149    254

When he got hit. I posted out 4 weeks. Before he even got up and walked off the field. 

LondonBrown    171
11 minutes ago, Orion said:

I wanted Wentz.  

Anywhooo, apparently Coleman did not have a good game.  Nor did Britt.  The only guy to show up big appears to be Higgins (of ALL people).

Prob to do with Hogan throwing to Higgins on the PS most of the week

• Thanks 1

Tour2ma    1,423

Didn't Coleman have a good game last week? I seem to remember that he did... but sure, if he keeps breaking things then he's going to end up being a bad pick.