Jump to content
LondonBrown

Corey Coleman

Recommended Posts

On 9/11/2017 at 11:16 AM, The Gipper said:

I will say this though:

It is highly likely that the Browns will be playing a much better defensive secondary in the Ravens than they faced in the Steelers.  While I think overall the Steelers will be the better team.....the Ravens will have the incrementally better defense.  Particularly in the defensive backfield.

The most impressive secondary I saw this weekend was Minn. Those guys were almost impossible to throw on and when things were completed the hits were unreal (but not cheapshots like Pitt).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The most glaring wide receiver deficiency (other than the Britt drop, Jesus) came on that long pass to Kasen Williams.  Yes, we all know the pass was far from perfect, but the catch could've been made at the 6 yard line.  I can't think of too many times I've seen an NFL receiver go out of bounds like that when he didn't have to,

You may have caught my "apple-a-gee" in another thread, but I was wrong... the pass was catchable. Tough catch as you said, but catchable. Problem I saw is that Williams locked in looking back over over his inside (left) shoulder. He had to either swap to look back over his outside (right) shoulder or do a OBJ-style complete turn to the inside.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned was whether the wind drifted the ball OB. It would make any adjustment harder as did the relatively flat trajectory of such a deep ball. Not a pass you can lob due to the Safety closing, but Kizer tends to over-flatten his throws.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

 Can anyone think of ONE play where Corey has done anything like that?

No... but I can't think of any situation he's been put in like that. Might have been a bubble screen last year?

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

 Every...single...time we try a crossing route, it's either incomplete or the pass is so inaccurate, our guy catches it and falls down.  Now, we DID have Corey open...

I have seen crosses where Kizer's throws are so low the WR has to go to the ground to collect them. Some of these seem to be due to inaccuracy brought on by acquiring the target late. Other times it seems a simple matter of not being as confident on throws in the middle of the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coleman is a #4 reciever in Pittsburgh, That is is our #1 foretells a shit season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Coleman is a #4 reciever in Pittsburgh, That is is our #1 foretells a shit season.

Pittsburgh has a #1 receiver.  Thats about it.  And for one game, it was good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The most glaring wide receiver deficiency (other than the Britt drop, Jesus) came on that long pass to Kasen Williams.  Yes, we all know the pass was far from perfect, but the catch could've been made at the 6 yard line.

Kizer threw the ball OB.  It looked to me that he threw it where his brain said it had to be thrown (away from the defender).  - A learning experience?

 What we're NOT seeing are the plays where Corey gets free and picks up chunk yardage.  Remember his college film?

College is different.  Yeah, in college he was running free.  (Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore) :)

 

This is year two for Coleman.  In theory, we should see a jump in his play this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coleman will make a HUGE jump once Gordon arrives! There is nothing more boosting than a true #1 to take the attention away from our #2.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 10:30 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

This. It always confuses me. I'm slow and admit it and it takes me too much time to process and put together that what l'm reading isn't current or pertinent. Just start a new thread please. 

On the Browns Board page with all of the threads listed, there's a STAR next to the thread.  Click on the star and it'll take you to the next unread post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hit he took late will keep him out eleventeen months I'm guessing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 6:11 PM, PoeticG said:

Coleman will make a HUGE jump once Gordon arrives! There is nothing more boosting than a true #1 to take the attention away from our #2.

We need Trent back also, our running game sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he broke his hand did the Browns lose anything?  He was a terrible draft pick and they aren't going to pay him after his rookie deal is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If he broke his hand did the Browns lose anything?  He was a terrible draft pick and they aren't going to pay him after his rookie deal is up.

Yeah we lost something. Time. There's plenty of people we could've took instead of trading down for Coleman (Zeke? Bosa?) It was a weak WR draft, and Chiefs got Tyreek Hill in the fifth round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If he broke his hand did the Browns lose anything?  He was a terrible draft pick and they aren't going to pay him after his rookie deal is up.

Hopefully this opens up a spot for the kid from Seattle that was inactive today. Him and Higgins I guess..................... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Yeah we lost something. Time. There's plenty of people we could've took instead of trading down for Coleman (Zeke? Bosa?) It was a weak WR draft, and Chiefs got Tyreek Hill in the fifth round.

I agree but Sashi can do no wrong.  The problem with the Browns was Farmer & Pettine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

I agree but Sashi can do no wrong.  The problem with the Browns was Farmer & Pettine

Sashi is smart, but every human can make mistakes. It's hard to say Coleman isn't a mistake at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the issues stem from the 2016 draft.

I believed Wentz to be a quality player worth a high selection.   Now it's true I also was on board taking Goff that high should he not have gone #1 overall.   Tour was right, his anticipation was better than Carsons' at the time.    But the Eagles are putting it all on his shoulders right now with mediocre receivers and a questionable running game.  Kid is still producing.      What got me the most was the gift that fell into our laps with Michael Thomas.   He should have been the first receiver off the board - his game is tailored for the NFL.  Sashi and co. really botched that pick.  

Can Corey still be a solid player and contributor? Yes.         But what what we need our first round picks to be?  Hard time seeing that.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Sashi is smart, but every human can make mistakes. It's hard to say Coleman isn't a mistake at this point.

Unfortunately a GM that trades value for a pick can't make those mistakes, unless of course the owner is a fool and the fans support your product even though it stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Sashi is smart, but every human can make mistakes. It's hard to say Coleman isn't a mistake at this point.

EVERY GM or HC is going to get it wrong, Belichick traded for Kony Ealy and he was cut before week one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LondonBrown said:

EVERY GM or HC is going to get it wrong, Belichick traded for Kony Ealy and he was cut before week one. 

Are you defending the corey coleman pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stillmotion said:

Are you defending the corey coleman pick?

Not at all, and how you inferred that from my post I'll never know. It's completely pointless going over every pick a team does or doesnt make, there'll always be someone somewhere that has outperfomed them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Not at all, and how you inferred that from my post I'll never know. It's completely pointless going over every pick a team does or doesnt make, there'll always be someone somewhere that has outperfomed them. 

True, but

A ) The Browns have had too many bad drafts in the past

B ) We can't afford to f#$% up again by trading down and selecting a WR who can't catch like coleman

C ) We need playmakers. NOW! How long is this "plan" and "rebuild" going to take? Especially without a QB?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Not at all, and how you inferred that from my post I'll never know. It's completely pointless going over every pick a team does or doesnt make, there'll always be someone somewhere that has outperfomed them. 

The point isn't missing on a Myles Garrett. It's trading down letting real talent pass to take a player you love, who turns out to be a bust.  They passed on a taking a #2 to get Coleman and Peppers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The point isn't missing on a Myles Garrett. It's trading down letting real talent pass to take a player you love, who turns out to be a bust.  They passed on a taking a #2 to get Coleman and Peppers?

Well I still think it remains to be seen how they both turn out especially Peppers jeez he's played two games. Taking a player high is no guarantee of talent anyway or the word bust wouldn't exist in NFL circles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Well I still think it remains to be seen how they both turn out especially Peppers jeez he's played two games. Taking a player high is no guarantee of talent anyway or the word bust wouldn't exist in NFL circles.

So far Coleman HAS been a bust though, on all levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Well I still think it remains to be seen how they both turn out especially Peppers jeez he's played two games. Taking a player high is no guarantee of talent anyway or the word bust wouldn't exist in NFL circles.

Coleman might turn out to be s solid WR and Peppers could be a very good safety but they could've taken the chance on the QB - Wentz, the RB Zeke or the LB Bosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

True, but

A ) The Browns have had too many bad drafts in the past

B ) We can't afford to f#$% up again by trading down and selecting a WR who can't catch like coleman

C ) We need playmakers. NOW! How long is this "plan" and "rebuild" going to take? Especially without a QB?

Trading down cant be the problem though thats my point, its the player you take that makes or breaks that deal. Agree with you on the playmakers, Britt isn't arsed about anything right now and Crowell isnt running nor blocking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×