LondonBrown

Corey Coleman

Tour2ma    1,423

I told all of you that the Ravens would be willing to give up some big plays early by going after McClown.

No... you said they'd knock McC out of the game via late hit taking a penalty if necessary...

I thought you were at least an honest troll.

wargograw    220

Idiot also said we were going to lose 38-0 or something like that because "this team is THAT bad."

Zombo    1,742

In just his second game as a professional. Corey Coleman caught two touchdown passes for over 100 yards.

In two games, he has 7 receptions for 173 yards, 24.8 yds per catch and 2 TDS

He is on pace for 1,384 yards and 16 TDs.

Last week, 3rd round choice Carl Nassib was nominated for defensive rookie of the week.

The Browns have been compared to the 1989 Dallas Cowboys, who blew up a 3-13 team with rookie draft picks and went 1-15 (only to win the Super Bowl three years later) , but while players like Michael Irvin and Ken Norton struggled on that team, the Browns seem way ahead of the curve with Coleman, Nassib and others, and were one bad call away from beating a formidable divisional foe in just their second week.

Most Browns fans are excited about this rapid growth,the rest are cocksuckers.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

wargograw    220

How does a Browns season ticket holder not know it's spelled Shelton?

Today's game was awesome. You guys are too focused on results. Focus on the process. Don't worry about winning a championship. Just focus on being a champion.

As the commentator on the broadcast said today: our OL is in that 14-18 range. That's with 3 guys in their first three years in the league.

As Zombo said (and is clearly evident): Coleman is a stud. So is Nassib.

As Hoorta said: Shelton looks great.

As I said: Kindred is going to be the baddest motherfer in the league.

Also, learn the name Isaiah Crowell and throw them pizza lunchables on the field when you see my boy run.

I second what Zombo said about "the rest."

hoorta    900

How does a Browns season ticket holder not know it's spelled Shelton? I suppose that's better than calling him the big fat Samoan.

Today's game was awesome. You guys are too focused on results. Focus on the process. Don't worry about winning a championship. Just focus on being a champion.

As the commentator on the broadcast said today: our OL is in that 14-18 range. That's with 3 guys in their first three years in the league.

As Zombo said (and is clearly evident): Coleman is a stud. So is Nassib.

As Hoorta said: Shelton looks great.

As I said: Kindred is going to be the baddest motherfer in the league.

Also, learn the name Isaiah Crowell and throw them pizza lunchables on the field when you see my boy run.

I second what Zombo said about "the rest."

Names won't auto correct, and FWIW, about 50 miles from Dayton right across the Indiana state line there's Sheldon Fireworks- the Worlds largest. :)

wargograw    220

Names won't auto correct, and FWIW, about 50 miles from Dayton right across the Indiana state line there's Sheldon Fireworks- the Worlds largest. :)

I figured it was something!

TexasAg1969    588

Let's not leave out our LB Kirksey. He's getting better. I love defense and we just held them to 80 yds. rushing. We are just one great pass rusher away (hint, hint) from being excellent in all phases of D. More pressure needed much faster. We're getting there one step and one player at a time.

BTW TOP was almost even this week 31 to 29 min.

gftChris    427

Did Nassib play today? I was at the game and I didn't notice.

He started, but left with an injury sometime around the second quarter (I think).

jcam222    234

I am excited as hell about this team. With a decent QB like McCown this team can win games and be exciting. That is barring continual ass rape by the refs

sisky fringo    96

I am excited as hell about this team. With a decent QB like McCown this team can win games and be exciting. That is barring continual ass rape by the refs

the game is clearly fixed, steered by refs and decided with penalties when close. one sided, hypocritical biased calls. clearly. seems there must always be a whipping boy and it's been the Browns forever.

talent can't ever overcome that. perfect mistake free play just doesn't exist.

there's just too much money involved in betting to effectively eliminate corruption from the game.

considering this, the real question is how do you convert a team from the Washington Generals into ref supported darlings?

until RG3 went down, Hue's preference of a racial equality approach showed a lot of promise...just saying.

Tour2ma    1,423
Most Browns fans are excited about this rapid growth,the rest are cocksuckers.

lol... Love those surprise endings...

Opal312    78

Nassib broke his hand and is out indefinitely. Erving is out too.

jiggins7919    107

Here's what I really like about Corey's game:

He goes up and fights for the ball and has terrific timing. His first touchdown catch was VERY iffy, and I'm guessing he wasn't completely in. We somehow lucked out and didn't have another camera angle, but I'll take it. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say he could've done a better job with his feet. He had time to drag and secure the ball. Again, I'm NITPICKING, but in the pros, sometimes a matter of dragging a foot can mean the difference.

I also like that red zone touchdown call...a LOT. You want to play off Corey? Well, go right ahead. This touchdown was actually set up by the FIRST one. If you watch the first touchdown, you'll see Coleman's defender try to jam him up, but completely miss. You miss on Corey, and he's right by you. Every time. So on the next one, the guy gives Corey a little cushion. Tackling Coleman in the open field does NOT look like fun.

The Gipper    1,168

I also want to know what the refs saw when they overturned his catch along the sidelines where they said he went out of bounds before the catch. I thought they needed indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Unless the refs had a viewpoint from a camera shot that they did not show on TV, I saw nothing that would have overturned that call. Quite the opposite, the catch should have been confirmed.

sisky fringo    96
even though he's still catching with his body).....So, hopefully he builds off this performance and starts stringing some good games together, w/o the drops and bone head penalties.....

Michael Irvin and many others say there is nothing wrong with body catches if the player can catch with his hands--which Coleman can--and that in traffic it's often even preferable. he's good at it, fuck it. FWIW Antonio Brown is a habitual bodycatcher.

i'll add stay in bounds and drag his toes deliberately to insure the refs cannot deny it is a catch.

Obviously alot of things went against the team this week, mostly refs letting a more veteran team slide on tough (and in some cases obvious calls) while nailing the younger Browns.

i doubt it's a vet vs younger thing, more like when the mafia extorts a business for a protection tax. that game was a message to Haslam to open his wallet and deposit some grip into the "winner's" fund.

sisky fringo    96

Bottom line is he tossed the ball, and it hit the opponent. That is simply the fact. If he doesn't let the ball out of his hand, then the ref can't make the bad/terrible/tough/good call.

Again, hopefully our coaching staff doesn't just make excuses for the kid, and instead they coach him up so he doesn't put his team in a bad spot again. I think he's going to make the transition to WR just fine, and will be a good one if he's coachable on all aspects, including this one.

i hope he never hands another ball to a ref ever again and just drops it on the ground. fuck those part time sellout assholes. tossing it to them is a courtesy. i wish there wasn't fallout from them and the team could never flip them a ball again...you just can't fight city hall.

i wonder how poorly a team would fare without cheating? basically without holds or DB seatbelts and armbars, WRs pushing off etc.

could a team play well enough to totally remove the refs from the game? play so legally teamwide you overcome any call and force the refs to call something soooo outrageous it risks exposing bias internationally?

sounds impossible.

sisky fringo    96

Here's what I really like about Corey's game:

He goes up and fights for the ball and has terrific timing. His first touchdown catch was VERY iffy, and I'm guessing he wasn't completely in. We somehow lucked out and didn't have another camera angle, but I'll take it. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say he could've done a better job with his feet. He had time to drag and secure the ball. Again, I'm NITPICKING, but in the pros, sometimes a matter of dragging a foot can mean the difference.

I also like that red zone touchdown call...a LOT. You want to play off Corey? Well, go right ahead. This touchdown was actually set up by the FIRST one. If you watch the first touchdown, you'll see Coleman's defender try to jam him up, but completely miss. You miss on Corey, and he's right by you. Every time. So on the next one, the guy gives Corey a little cushion. Tackling Coleman in the open field does NOT look like fun.

agree on the toe drags. it matters and that TD catch looked like it could have gone either way.

my favorite intangible of his is his ability to track the ball is elite. rain, sleet, snow, hail, and under lights you need it. you can't coach it and not everyone has it. WR Little and TE Dray did not for example.

one on one with a DB in open space Coleman gets past them probably 6/10 times now. he has the ability to be a 8/10,9/10 level player. tough. lands on the ball carrying a defender and gets up and walks away. unlike many i have seen who lay on the ground in a crumpled pile fetal position. we will be attempting to extend his contract early and locking this guy up for a while.

CC, TP, and JG as a WR core is a daydream that's about to become a reality for years to come. simply catching his TD's in bounds clearer and learning the playbook better are really good problems for a rookie WR to have. he's way ahead of the rookie WR curve.

I also want to know what the refs saw when they overturned his catch along the sidelines where they said he went out of bounds before the catch. I thought they needed indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Unless the refs had a viewpoint from a camera shot that they did not show on TV, I saw nothing that would have overturned that call. Quite the opposite, the catch should have been confirmed.

i agree. it's why they never scored again.

the game appears very controllable through reffing when the players are inconsistent at executing.

i have this theory. it involves two or more people conspiring to...

Orion    123

I would like to give a shout out to Corey Coleman for today's game against the Steelers.

I know his numbers aren't huge or anything...but he caught the balls.

And that was a very physical TD reception he made!  Close quarters, got POUNDED right in the head (and body) RIGHT after getting the ball. He held on and got the TD!  He earned a little respect in my book right there.

• Upvote 2

Ghoolie    384

Coleman is a #4 receiver in Pittsburgh. He is nothing remarkable.

Ibleedbrown    54
5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Stop re-animating year-old threads

This. It always confuses me. I'm slow and admit it and it takes me too much time to process and put together that what l'm reading isn't current or pertinent. Just start a new thread please. 

Tour2ma    1,423

I think Corey started to emerge today.

Next need to see him grab one in stride and see his broken field game.

The Gipper    1,168
10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Coleman is a #4 receiver in Pittsburgh. He is nothing remarkable.

And....to do what they often do in political reporting:  Correct errors and falsities:   An uninjured Coleman is likely the #2 WR for the Steelers.

Has he proven anything completely? Not yet.  But talent wise, he would be #2.