THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that little fella sure is tearing the league up right now, isn't he?

Let me rephrase - how many times have you seen an actual legitimate NFL player grab his balls and flick off a player or ref?

I bet you give your kids participation medals, too.

participation medals haha love it

I bet you give your kids participation medals, too.

Naa, my kid's on full scholarship to a DII school, and she sure as shit respects her game and her opponents.

Naa, my kid's on full scholarship to a DII school, and she sure as shit respects her game and her opponents.

Respect and passion aren't mutually exclusive. You think Ray Lewis didn't respect the game? Night Train Lane? Bart Starr? Ken Stabler? Jim Brown? Brett Favre?

Funny...the taunting penalty wasn't "a point of emphasis" when they played....yet I don't recall them ever grabbing their dicks and flipping the bird and they were some of the most competitive guys around. You think they made some sort of play, looked at their opponent and said "thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make a play on you, sir. I do respect you"

Not a chance in hell.

These guys aren't inmates. They're professional athletes.

KK Short got called for taunting because was jumping up and down in place. Pryor got called for taunting because he dropped a football.

Spare me the gentlemanly respect bullshit - taunting is a bullshit penalty and is neutering these players. It's not golf. You make a play, you get up and bounce around. You shit talk the guy across from you, then slap him on the helmet and move on because you know it's just as likely he'll make a play on you at some point in the future.

The guys who advocate for the taunting penalty are the ones who never knew what it felt like to be good at football and to make a play, so they think jawing is a sign of immaturity or disrespect.

It's pretty esoteric, but it's the truth.

Respect and passion aren't mutually exclusive. You think Ray Lewis didn't respect the game? Night Train Lane? Bart Starr? Ken Stabler? Jim Brown? Brett Favre?

Funny...the taunting penalty wasn't "a point of emphasis" when they played....yet I don't recall them ever grabbing their dicks and flipping the bird and they were some of the most competitive guys around. You think they made some sort of play, looked at their opponent and said "thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make a play on you, sir. I do respect you"

Not a chance in hell.

KK Short got called for taunting because was jumping up and down in place. Pryor got called for taunting because he dropped a football.

Spare me the gentlemanly respect bullshit - taunting is a bullshit penalty and is neutering these players. It's not golf. You make a play, you get up and bounce around. You shit talk the guy across from you, then slap him on the helmet and move on because you know it's just as likely he'll make a play on you at some point in the future.

The guys who advocate for the taunting penalty are the ones who never knew what it felt like to be good at football and to make a play, so they think jawing is a sign of immaturity or disrespect.

blah, blah....... Bottom line, taunting is a rule of the game now, and always will be...... Don't like it? Don't watch.

As usual, fun talking with ya and I'll give you the last word......

You are all wrong in that you are overlooking another ref's point of view, i.e. the internal temp. of the casserole. :lol: I'm throwing the flag on this one. :P

https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html

Can you grill a casserole? If not then I'm out...I only do grill work...Mrs. OBF owns the electric oven. :) Especially since I gave up frozen pizzas.

Seriously though and this is just my Browns bias coming out here...could you envision a team like the Steelers ever getting that petty taunting call near the end of the game with the game on the line? I just can't envision it.

Just watched Pryor's interview on what happened on the taunting call, and now I have even more respect for him. Took full ownership of it, and gave no BS excuses..... Dude is gonna be a good one.

blah, blah....... Bottom line, taunting is a rule of the game now, and always will be...... Don't like it? Don't watch.

As usual, fun talking with ya and I'll give you the last word......

My favorite rebuttal - the one of a person who knows they're wrong.

Not a chance in hell.

It's because of all of the P.C. bullshit.... it's ruining our country.

MKC just tweeted. . .

#Browns Terrelle Pryor not fined for taunting, which tells you what the #NFL thought about the call

I've lost 100% of my faith in the NFL throughout repeatedly seeing it take a "it's only Cleveland" stance. There were some great articles out there last Monday explaining how the officials ripped the outcome right out of the players' hands. And who was it against? The 1 franchise the NFL approved/supported of moving to Baltimore. It sure seems like a lot players that get suspended in Pittsburgh all get those cut short or deferred until after a DeAngelo Williams could get signed in an offseason to prevent the inconvenience. If it's Cleveland? That fire needs more gas...

Archived