THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Do you know the players assignments? I Don't. But young might have just got dumb. It can happen. But bet your ass Hue will take the Heat don

don't know about the assignments but was there no punter on that play. i kinda thought maybe i lost my down count...thought it may have been 3rd down...guess not. i think even gumball and the analyst where lost for word there for a while...wonder what they were saying to each other during commercial break...errrrrrr let me answer that...they said to each other...same ofd fucking dumbass browns and i hope the network does not have us do another browns game... puhleeeeeease....

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overreactions here are priceless to read.

I saw a youngteam that had good moments and bad. Rg made alot of good throws that were dropped and his int was off a tip. No major injuries and some bright spots.

Off with his head!!!!!!

OK, you want to talk bright spots? Nassib. Ogbah one play. Schobert one play. Griffin made a few good throws- and many, many more bad ones. Drops because passes were behind the WR. I'll chart how many passes RG III tossed that weren't in the same area code as the WR. Overthrew Hawkins by a mile on a fade route in the end zone, for starters.

they're all over-matched. pound to pound. position to position. please rank the browns talent that has everyone so flippin impressed with the draft vs. philly. cinci? pitt? balt? hell, how about fuggin san diego?

yep. now pick your head out of your own puke and go have a drink. it's on me.

thanks new regime!!!

i hope i wake up from this nightmare and pettine is still coaching.

As bad as I was expecting Mik, based on what I saw in the preseason. Ya think Philly would reverse that trade right now? Like no, and hell no.

A clusterfuck all the way around. Griffin played poorly. Game plan sucked. No energy. Wide open holes in secondary. Linebackers looked lost all game. Nothing positive to draw from. There better be some fucking changes next week.

worst of all....still no leadership on either side of the ball....same shit for what 17 yrs now....same shit....

Well....here are the little things I was hoping(praying) for, but knew wouldnt arrive....lets review...

I can forgive dropped passes (on occasion) but Griffin was so f**king inaccurate today- as the saying goes "he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn." Left a bunch of points off the board with mis guided missiles. I don't give a rat how hard you try, or what your attitude is- if the talent isn't there in the first place.

If Sashi is backing up Hue on picking up Griff, MHO is they're both going to be singing a different tune at the end of the season.

Gettin' ready, 'cause here it comes- 0-16.

Thanks to "whoever" for completely editing and rewriting my post....nice.....

Well....here are the little things I was hoping(praying) for, but knew wouldnt arrive....lets review...

I can forgive dropped passes (on occasion) but Griffin was so f**king inaccurate today- as the saying goes "he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn." Left a bunch of points off the board with mis guided missiles. I don't give a rat how hard you try, or what your attitude is- if the talent isn't there in the first place.

If Sashi is backing up Hue on picking up Griff, MHO is they're both going to be singing a different tune at the end of the season.

Gettin' ready, 'cause here it comes- 0-16.

i'm still perplexed why rg3 wanted to come here...he's gimped up...1 more serious knee injury and he's out of the nfl. i don't get it...i guess no one else wanted him...i mean with this horrible oline, you gotta say to yourself, i don't want to play behind this, my career will be in short lived...don't get it.... oh well, guess he has his reasons...

don't know about the assignments but was there no punter on that play. i kinda thought maybe i lost my down count...thought it may have been 3rd down...guess not. i think even gumball and the analyst where lost for word there for a while...wonder what they were saying to each other during commercial break...errrrrrr let me answer that...they said to each other...same ofd fucking dumbass browns and i hope the network does not have us do another browns game... puhleeeeeease....

Honestly.. STFU. Take a year off. Watch the rewind. Haden made plays.Our OL pass protection did not give up a sack till 3rd Quarter adjustments not matched by us. Than with time & score, both sides of the ball up front were gassed..Some hope for better around here but, you have not 1 post of a real fan..Get off Our Lawn!!

I honestly just don't understand what you guys expected this year. Like it or not, the regime has a plan. That plan included sucking nuts this year, churning the roster with young draft players and seeing who will stick. It's going to be the same thing next year as well to some degree. I'm not going to sound like that broken record guy, but I saw the Panthers do this exact same thing before getting Cam Newton.

The team last year was awful. We purged the awful from the squad and replaced it with young guys. In case you didn't realize it, young guys aren't going to be world beaters week one. For you guys complaining about Coleman, am I the only guy who saw him flag down a poorly thrown ball and make a play in triple coverage? Also, the defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes today. ANY defense who gets thrown out there for that long is going to give up yards.

The biggest thing to take away from this game is we have a lot of young guys who have the potential to get better. RG3 as I noted earlier in this thread looks scared, skittish, w/e you wanna say out there which bodes badly for his future. Today is another example of the fact he just can't get out of his own way too. One game is too soon to shake it all up of course, but idk I think the dude has just hit that wall. I don't even know how to describe it-it just seems like he's playing not to get hurt which you can't do at that position.

Relax people-we knew the Browns were gonna be bottom feeders even if you didn't want to admit it publicly.

Eagles had the ball 39.20 to Browns 20.00 that 19 more minutes! OMG! Moneyball and Haslam need to Go! Pass on Wentz, Bosa, Elliot for what? A bunch of guys who won't be in the NFL very long. Cody Kessler instead of Dak Prescott? I hate to say it but Brian Billick might be right! He said he looked at the Browns' schedule and doesn't see any game they can win! OMG!

Opal-we look just like we played in pre-season where that TOP was the same every single week, almost exactly a two to one ratio. It should not be a surprise.

The team last year was awful. We purged the awful from the squad and replaced it with young guys.

I didn't consider guys like Mack, Schwartz, Dansby, and Whitner awful.

Their replacements aren't fit for a practice squad.

Just because they are younger, doesn't mean they're better.

I honestly just don't understand what you guys expected this year. Like it or not, the regime has a plan. That plan included sucking nuts this year, churning the roster with young draft players and seeing who will stick. It's going to be the same thing next year as well to some degree. I'm not going to sound like that broken record guy, but I saw the Panthers do this exact same thing before getting Cam Newton.

The team last year was awful. We purged the awful from the squad and replaced it with young guys. In case you didn't realize it, young guys aren't going to be world beaters week one. For you guys complaining about Coleman, am I the only guy who saw him flag down a poorly thrown ball and make a play in triple coverage? Also, the defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes today. ANY defense who gets thrown out there for that long is going to give up yards.

The biggest thing to take away from this game is we have a lot of young guys who have the potential to get better. RG3 as I noted earlier in this thread looks scared, skittish, w/e you wanna say out there which bodes badly for his future. Today is another example of the fact he just can't get out of his own way too. One game is too soon to shake it all up of course, but idk I think the dude has just hit that wall. I don't even know how to describe it-it just seems like he's playing not to get hurt which you can't do at that position.

Relax people-we knew the Browns were gonna be bottom feeders even if you didn't want to admit it publicly.

Here's the problem. We not only purged the awful (Mingo & Gilbert) we let guys like Mack & Schwartz take a hike too. What us realists realized way back that it WAS going to be a pretty suckful year- and there were, and are some notable sunshine pumpers here saying- nope, it's all going to be different. Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid. Like what the hell did they expect?

Oh, those old guys will be done in 5 years? then if you're going to suck don't do it half-ass. Dump Haden and Thomas and go for the 100% rebuild.

I for one didn't buy the corporate BS for a second- that we're trying to compete this year. Like hell you are.

PS I'm with you RG III is most likely a Hue-ge mistake. I wanted Wentz, and game one, he didn't disappoint my expectations.

jrb: yes we all knew it because of the turnover at almost every position in the franchise FO to ball boy. but we've seen it before. we've heard the magic flute playing from the pipers who want to lead all brown's fans like lemmings into lake erie thinking davy jone's locker is there with the souls of great legendary football players and a pot 'o gold and a mermaid to boot.

huge loyal fan here. just please for once, with all the turnover and change, come out on the first sunday of nfl football and actually look like we belong in the friggin league? is that too much to ask? i can't remember the last time i saw a browns win on opening day and myself and people i don't even know see the game and go "OH SHIT! BROWNS LOOK NASTY! WATCH OUT FOR THE BROWNS!!!"

i don't care what you have to pull out of your ass as a HC or player. just god damn play like you're good EVEN IF YOU'RE FUCKING NOT!!!

you wanna see real football. check out the ne cards game. best qb ever suspended for 4 games. rookie qb (who we coulda drafted last year) steps in against a SB contender on their field and has that team of nobodys leading 10-0. i mean, what are they doing right and the browns doing wrong? simple question. and if you say it takes time i'm gonna throw this lamp at you......

Here's the problem. We not only purged the awful (Mingo & Gilbert) we let guys like Mack & Schwartz take a hike too. What us realists realized way back that it WAS going to be a pretty suckful year- and there were, and are some notable sunshine pumpers here saying- nope, it's all going to be different. Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid. Like what the hell did they expect?

Oh, those old guys will be done in 5 years? then if you're going to suck don't do it half-ass. Dump Haden and Thomas and go for the 100% rebuild.

I for one didn't buy the corporate BS for a second- that we're trying to compete this year. Like hell you are.

PS I'm with you RG III is most likely a Hue-ge mistake. I wanted Wentz, and game one, he didn't disappoint my expectations.

If it were me, I would (drop Haden and Thomas). They've obviously made the calculation that keeping a few (a number you could literally count with one hand) is valuable to the development of the younger guys. You're telling me if we dumped Thomas and Haden you'd stop crying like a woman? Yeah, sure.

If you didn't buy the BS, then what the hell are you mad about?

I love how you guys crow about how we suck so bad (which is true), but are using a game against our defense as validation that Wentz is awesome. Hilarious.

Mack was leaving no matter what. Dude did not wanna be here and no money would have kept him. Schwartz I agree was a misstep but thats about it.

The suits have to say they are trying to win, cause what else would they say? They are not going to come out and say we plan to blow. It was clear this was the plan since draft night.

To your point, dont be surprised at all if haden and or thomas get traded.

Honestly.. STFU. Take a year off. Watch the rewind. Haden made plays.Our OL pass protection did not give up a sack till 3rd Quarter adjustments not matched by us. Than with time & score, both sides of the ball up front were gassed..Some hope for better around here but, you have not 1 post of a real fan..Get off Our Lawn!!

poor little gumby....still the iq of a vegetable...

poor little gumhead...he thought that fake punt was a great call...heheheheee...fucking moron thinks our oline is good...what a football moron .....

If it were me, I would (drop Haden and Thomas). They've obviously made the calculation that keeping a few (a number you could literally count with one hand) is valuable to the development of the younger guys. You're telling me if we dumped Thomas and Haden you'd stop crying like a woman? Yeah, sure.

If you didn't buy the BS, then what the hell are you mad about?

I love how you guys crow about how we suck so bad (which is true), but are using a game against our defense as validation that Wentz is awesome. Hilarious.

Glad you agree that the Browns defense sucks. Wentz looked like he was playing against Western Illinois.

Mad? apparently some folks here don't get the difference between MAD and (1-17 in openers since 1999) years worth of cumulative frustration. FWIW, I had a great time at my pal's house (as usual) with good company, good food, and lots of good wine. I (correctly) pegged the game was over, Grover- after Wentz walked the Eagles through our non-defense on the first drive, and then RG and the keystone Kops went three and out the next two times they had the ball. I've said it before in other threads- it's not very good for my health getting MAD about a team so devoid of talent it's a virtual guarantee they're going to suck on Sunday.

You know what I'm crying about? That some of us old timers are going to have to live through another embarrassing season of crap football in the (faint) hope in 3-5 years this team will have turned the corner. Some of us can still remember when the Browns were the powerhouse of the NFL- not the standing joke they've devolved into. Carolina went to the Super Bowl, hit bedrock- and was back to the SB, while we've been sucking swampwater. Hope you can understand that POV.

Mack was leaving no matter what. Dude did not wanna be here and no money would have kept him.

This is truth.

And our defense sucked as the highest paid D in the league....so it sucks cheaper now.

And RG3 is still a stupid guy...for trying to run over a defender. (I understand it was mostly frustration....but stupid is stupid).

- I don't think that RG3 played badly however -

We cannot judge Wentz by one game...especially considering it was against our D which is just trying to get it's feet underneath them.

This was ONE game. It was bad....but we cannot be surprised by that. After all, we've been through enough resets before. We should know what to expect by now, NO?

What we are looking for is improvement as the season wears on.

I like this thread. Lots of passion.

Two years of Johnny Manziel was worth it to get Worgo on our side ... He's a warrior.

Buckle in and get to know these rookies ... 3 or 4 of them will be Cleveland Browns legends like the dudes from the 80s.

Z

Glad you agree that the Browns defense sucks. Wentz looked like he was playing against Western Illinois.

Mad? apparently some folks here don't get the difference between MAD and (1-17 in openers since 1999) years worth of cumulative frustration. FWIW, I had a great time at my pal's house (as usual) with good company, good food, and lots of good wine. I (correctly) pegged the game was over, Grover- after Wentz walked the Eagles through our non-defense on the first drive, and then RG and the keystone Kops went three and out the next two times they had the ball. I've said it before in other threads- it's not very good for my health getting MAD about a team so devoid of talent it's a virtual guarantee they're going to suck on Sunday.

You know what I'm crying about? That some of us old timers are going to have to live through another embarrassing season of crap football in the (faint) hope in 3-5 years this team will have turned the corner. Some of us can still remember when the Browns were the powerhouse of the NFL- not the standing joke they've devolved into. Carolina went to the Super Bowl, hit bedrock- and was back to the SB, while we've been sucking swampwater. Hope you can understand that POV.

Well, I don't. Because whining about it in every thread does nothing to help, and in fact it only gets us farther from our goal as you fan the flames of frustration in others which, if they smolder enough, lead to premature firings.

Shelton was the 5th highest graded Brown defender per PFF. Kirksey and Davis were 1 and 2..

I'm more interested in watching the opposition at this point. I took off work tomorrow, watching all the throws from Robert right now.

Vintage Jim Schwartz. He might be one of the very best in the league at creating pressure with four man fronts and getting creative with as little blitzing as possible.

He was very ready for a lot of the tells on our formations, personnel groupings and patterns. To the point where defenders early on are just watching RG3's eyes and falling off assignments very early.

I like coach Horton, I respect his designs. Schwartz was the guy I wanted though and it sucks seeing Philly's defense could actually take a step forward in year 1.

Well, I don't. Because whining about it in every thread does nothing to help, and in fact it only gets us farther from our goal as you fan the flames of frustration in others which, if they smolder enough, lead to premature firings.

As far as a "goal" there isn't a damn thing in the world, I can do either positively or negatively to effect that outcome. I haven't been asked for input from the FO. If you want to take my observations as whining- so be it.

FWIW, I don't need to fan any flames. A large percentage of the fanbase is as fed up as I am- or worse. We're talking season ticket holders with decades of seniority. Stan- our Board Owner dropped his because he deemed (probably rightly) it was a waste of money. Only reason I haven't dropped mine is because it would be financially impossible to buy back into my location if the Browns ever start playing well again. So there's that- we can't hardly give away our seats on a ticket exchange because apathy is so rampant among the potentially paying customers. Unless you count the fans of the visiting teams that are willing to take them off our hands- cheap. I haven't (at least overtly) called for anyone to be fired- yet. Questioning FO decisions is part of being a fan. Or do you just not get- how many times we've seen things blown up, only to be let down again? Goes with the territory to get mighty cynical getting fed the same old line- THIS time it's going to be different. If you're expecting me to get on board the happy train to the future, you're going to be disappointed. Until I see something to be happy about. I said it before- I'm no longer going to be singing kumbaya around the campfire when the losses start piling up. If I see bad play- it's going to get pointed out. If I see good individual plays, I'll give credit where it's due. If I see my team getting doubled in time of possession, I'm supposed to just blow it all off and say, well, we're learning? Some of those guys get paid more in a year than I'll make in a lifetime.

I haven't been over there yet- but I would bet you $100 bucks right now there's a few dozen posters on Cleveland.com wanting to run Sashi and DePodesta out of town on a rail for passing on Wentz.

Archived