THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

you know what? i almost feel refreshingly happy right now. oh i've been pissed for awhile now but thought, hey let's give 'em a shot today. they're playing a rookie. they weren't that good last year, so.......

BAM! right between the eyes. sorta like, hey i'm gonna have to take this beating anyways, let's get it over with. like a big ass whoopin weight off my shoulders. now i can walk down the street wearing my gear and when people laugh i can turn around and do a little shuffle, smile and dip dab my way back into the football shadows of below mediocrity.

yep. i'm the guy from ohio whose fave basketball team won a championship, his fave baseball team is in contention but the browns still suck.

And we were dancing in the streets when we got Philly's pick because they were going to be so bad. Just made the Browns eat their shit.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up at 6am(on a Sunday) thinking it's time for football!!!.....the hook is set deep....

A few things Id REALLY like to see today...Besides winning the game, Id also like to win....

....the time of possession war....something we rarely do and something that is needed to keep our D fresh...

....the turnover war.....helps with above and a well timed int or fumble gets the juices flowing....

....fewer penalties.....really really need this.....the preseason penalty totals were embarrassing....

....sacks!.....lots and lots of sacks.....(against the Iggles, btw).....

....a 4+ avg in our running game.....grind out some yards(and clock, please).....

....Coleman making catches(and yards).....want to see what all the preseason hubub was about, but still in wait mode...

....solid special teams play....tackling, smart choices, blocking, more tackling, some run backs and no missed kicks....or shanks...

....RGIII making quick, concise throws.....and our guys catching em.....

....solid LB play....gonna be a LOT of short passes and runs today....can we stop the short game?

....Joe Haden.....just show us you can return to form....

I know you were being sarcastic about the latest post Mud. Another complete meltdown on opening day- as I'm sure we can detail in another thread.

Yea Wentz sure sucks doesn't he? Glad the Browns took Corey Coleman and a bunch of unknowns.

Remains to be seen, but damn if Wentz turns out great, and the Sushi and Depo picks turn to crap- they're done.

Quit being a bunch of fags. It's the first game of a 3-5 year rebuild. Yeah, it's gonna hurt. If that's going to cause you to call for firings, then take the season off.

"Browns, rebuilding since 1999, why stop now?"

Gotta say...they met every single one of my expectations....100%....

That pretty much sez it for me too. I had some hope and still maintain that each game. My expectations were minimal to say the least and those were still too high. A early fake punt, from your own end and line the kicker up on the line should get any coach axed on the spot....why wait? When they had some bad records in the 70s, they weren't pushovers. This bunch should just go full blown rainbow for colors

Well....here are the little things I was hoping(praying) for, but knew wouldnt arrive....lets review...

A few things Id REALLY like to see today...Besides winning the game, Id also like to win....

....RGIII making quick, concise throws.....and our guys catching em.....

Ahahaha....he looked terrible....just terrible....where's McCown?

I can forgive dropped passes (on occasion) but Griffin was so f**king inaccurate today- as the saying goes "he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn." Left a bunch of points off the board with mis guided missiles. I don't give a rat how hard you try, or what your attitude is- if the talent isn't there in the first place.

If Sashi is backing up Hue on picking up Griff, MHO is they're both going to be singing a different tune at the end of the season.

Gettin' ready, 'cause here it comes- 0-16.

The overreactions here are priceless to read. ?

I saw a youngteam that had good moments and bad. Rg made alot of good throws that were dropped and his int was off a tip. No major injuries and some bright spots.

Off with his head!!!!!!

"Browns, rebuilding since 1999, why stop now?"

Do remember Cleveland lost an NFL team 20 seasons ago 1996 and blew the one shot restart in 1999 only made and lost the WC playoffs in 2002, the last playoff game won was 1994. If you want to really go back to a winning culture it's the Kosar years....as we all know.

So how do you turn that around? Fortunately for the city of Cleveland and fans everywhere the Cavaliers did slow the mental part somewhat, the Indians are trying to do their part. The city shows signs of revitalization but what's the magic bullet for the BROWNS?

Meanwhile we fans bitch I guess.

.....oh the TRIBE'S magic number is 14 today. ;)

Isn't this the mantra of the last 10 years. We did expect this but not sure if last years draft was all that inspiring.

Bacon, the way i read this I thought you meant 2015 drafted players. if no,sorry. But you don't draft player trying to build them around Horton's Defense. Till we start drafting players "For who they are & Their best skills..We are who we our today..circles & triangles just don't fit

If saying what you see is overreacting, then so be it....

It find it amusing how many people can only see the 3 good plays, whilst completely missing the 52 shit plays.....

And, while RGIII should've completed more, blatantly dropped passes are still a sign of crappy football....just on the other end of the pass....

Not much to hold onto after the debacle that has been 2016 so far....but, go ahead, whack us delusional overreactors with some factual solid positives that out weigh the solid negs....

pleeease.....im tired of getting excited about a tackle and a td each week....hold onto that, itll get better.....just wait......30 years.....

The overreactions here are priceless to read.

I saw a youngteam that had good moments and bad. Rg made alot of good throws that were dropped and his int was off a tip. No major injuries and some bright spots.

Off with his head!!!!!!

I don't see half the shit in here that I did last year with Pettine & Oneil. I think there are more people in here that are getting sick of the "wait til next year" tune. I like seeing younger, hungrier players out there but that doesn't win games. I would never question Cam Erving's heart but he has looked over matched in the league.

they're all over-matched. pound to pound. position to position. please rank the browns talent that has everyone so flippin impressed with the draft vs. philly. cinci? pitt? balt? hell, how about fuggin san diego?

yep. now pick your head out of your own puke and go have a drink. it's on me.

thanks new regime!!!

i hope i wake up from this nightmare and pettine is still coaching.

Well....technically, if you see a shit show and call it a shit show, then THAT is being pragmatic...

But, if you see a shit show and ignore it or pretend its something else...that is NOT being pragmatic...

Just the facts.....and, THAT, was a shit show(just like the whole preseason was)....shit....show....=frank...=pragmatic

I guess calling for firings is being pragmatic too?

fire davis! fire mangini! fire pettine!

oh, but it's hue, how do you do?

it's all good until it's YOUR guy under fire. then it's "give them time." blah blah blah fucking blah. those are the true bitches.

99ee8f9ff809b691c5c6bd00c99dab69.jpg

I wanted us to keep Pettine and I said that throughout last season. So you're the hypocrite here, man. Support the new guy like most of us supported yours.

fire davis! fire mangini! fire pettine!

oh, but it's hue, how do you do?

it's all good until it's YOUR guy under fire. then it's "give them time." blah blah blah fucking blah. those are the true bitches.

99ee8f9ff809b691c5c6bd00c99dab69.jpg

The people who screech about canning anyone in their first two seasons are fucking idiots. That goes for those who cried like that during Pettine and so on.

Bacon, the way i read this I thought you meant 2015 drafted players. if no,sorry. But you don't draft player trying to build them around Horton's Defense. Till we start drafting players "For who they are & Their best skills..We are who we our today..circles & triangles just don't fit

I completely agree but why do draft Corey Coleman? In what world did Sashi & Hue get in a room and say Corey Coleman is a top 15 player in college football? They drafted him on a perceived need and thought he filled that need, not sure you draft a #2 WR with the 15th pick.

If saying what you see is overreacting, then so be it....

It find it amusing how many people can only see the 3 good plays, whilst completely missing the 52 shit plays.....

And, while RGIII should've completed more, blatantly dropped passes are still a sign of crappy football....just on the other end of the pass....

Not much to hold onto after the debacle that has been 2016 so far....but, go ahead, whack us delusional overreactors with some factual solid positives that out weigh the solid negs....

pleeease.....im tired of getting excited about a tackle and a td each week....hold onto that, itll get better.....just wait......30 years.....

I went into the season with the full realization that it would suck. My hope is to see steady improvement by midseason. If this team still looks the same by week 9 then I will have my reservations. It will show me that the strategy is sound for the rebuild but that the front office guys may not be up to the task of picking the talent.

I guess calling for firings is being pragmatic too?

War I don't think most of us want Hue fired, god I don't want to see another reboot. The problem for myself, and I think others, is many Browns fans blame the guys they don't like and support the current regime until it's time to blame them. There is a deep seeded issue with this organization and one of the few things that might change it are bags over the heads in the stadium, holding up banners saying "Jimmah Please Flyin J Away", stop buying jerseys and at the very minimum don't act in here like anything has truly changed until it has :)

I completely agree but why do draft Corey Coleman? In what world did Sashi & Hue get in a room and say Corey Coleman is a top 15 player in college football? They drafted him on a perceived need and thought he filled that need, not sure you draft a #2 WR with the 15th pick.

1.Hue was the only one to stand behind Wentz at his pro day..2.0 FA's resigned by Sashi due to Farmers stupidity handling. 3.With RG3 on board, the decision was made to Steal from Philly. 4.It's game 1 of Wentz, till we plug in names in draft it's only a attempted robbery..Bet Hues $$ is on not trading down in 17.Hue must take Top Talent now.. Sashi's had his day & way in 2016..Hope for the best..(who was that guy that would never draft a top WR? well volume may work or not at this point)

War I don't think most of us want Hue fired, god I don't want to see another reboot. The problem for myself, and I think others, is many Browns fans blame the guys they don't like and support the current regime until it's time to blame them. There is a deep seeded issue with this organization and one of the few things that might change it are bags over the heads in the stadium, holding up banners saying "Jimmah Please Flyin J Away", stop buying jerseys and at the very minimum don't act in here like anything has truly changed until it has :)

don't know about hue, but after that fucking fake punt...what the fuck was that?...that's something that cannot be explained...not good on hue's part...

don't know about hue, but after that fucking fake punt...what the fuck was that?...that's something that cannot be explained...not good on hue's part...

Do you know the players assignments? I Don't. But young might have just got dumb. P Colquit just signed last week. It can happen. But bet your ass Hue will take the Heat

I'm still talking to myself over that one. And no alcohol involved. How, why, who, what where hue when the fudge the grrrrr, stupid and very original.the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits

I don't think anybody doubted that this team was going to be bad, but getting blown the fuck out by the eagles with a rookie QB and HC they're a lot worse than I thought.

heh heh heh...woooooooo....i'm sticking to my prediction....the gimp qb will not make it half way thru the season...as wentz smacked the browns around today...and we could have had him....where is chachi and the other fucking dick head...oh i know, they are running a new script for their monday morning analytics session with coachie coach and the jackoff owner...

Joe Haden proved once again that he is overrated. Our O-line did nothing to protect RG3. Crowell looked pretty good. You have to question the wisdom of not drafting Wentz. It is going to be a very long season. I don't see many opportunities for wins with this team.

only time i heard ol joe's name was when he tweeked his ankle...again the gimp qb will not make it half way thru the season with this oline...wow do they stink..got to wonder what rg3 was thinking when he wanted to come to this piece of shit team...

Archived