THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Browns begin their regular season on the road, as they travel to Philadelphia to play the Eagles. Browns will face the player they traded their #1 draft choice to, Carson Wentz, to overcome their 4-game regular season losing streak this afternoon.

Browns last win over the Eagles during the regular season also was played at Piladelphia, a 26-7 win at Veterans Stadium back on November 13, 1994.

Despite the current four-game losing streak, Cleveland leads Philadelphia in the all-time regular season series with 31 wins, 16 losses, and 1 tie after 48 games, and also outscored the Eagles by 300 points, 1201 to 901, in this afternoon's all-time regular season meeting.

Hope RGIII outduels the rookie Carson Wentz at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon, and GO BROWNS!!!!! :)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the Dawgpound guy that usually comes around right at midnight?

Oh Well ...

Here We Go Brownies!

Good luck Cleveland Browns I look forward to watching our young troops begin to grow into something special ...

Zombo

Woke up at 6am(on a Sunday) thinking it's time for football!!!.....the hook is set deep....

A few things Id REALLY like to see today...Besides winning the game, Id also like to win....

....the time of possession war....something we rarely do and something that is needed to keep our D fresh...

....the turnover war.....helps with above and a well timed int or fumble gets the juices flowing....

....fewer penalties.....really really need this.....the preseason penalty totals were embarrassing....

....sacks!.....lots and lots of sacks.....(against the Iggles, btw).....

....a 4+ avg in our running game.....grind out some yards(and clock, please).....

....Coleman making catches(and yards).....want to see what all the preseason hubub was about, but still in wait mode...

....solid special teams play....tackling, smart choices, blocking, more tackling, some run backs and no missed kicks....or shanks...

....RGIII making quick, concise throws.....and our guys catching em.....

....solid LB play....gonna be a LOT of short passes and runs today....can we stop the short game?

....Joe Haden.....just show us you can return to form....

The Eagles secondary did look good in the preseason. Run the ball!

Yep.....they were the #1 defense, in terms of scoring....only allowing 9 pts a game.....except it was their run defense that led the way......best in the league @ only 46 ypg

And we were the #32 offense in terms of scoring(and yards)......only getting 11 pts a game...

So, lets hope the preseason is the mirage so many claim it is......

Ill guess we get more than 9pts....;)

Yep.....they were the #1 defense, in terms of scoring....only allowing 9 pts a game.....except it was their run defense that led the way......best in the league @ only 46 ypg

And we were the #32 offense in terms of scoring(and yards)......only getting 11 pts a game...

So, lets hope the preseason is the mirage so many claim it is......

Ill guess we get more than 9pts.... ;)

Thanks for sharing that Mud!

It would be nice if we can make the Philly D more like their 2015 regular season version:

32nd vrs the Rush

28th vrs the Pass

28th Scoring

30th Overall

PM info like that. should not be displayed on public forum as there are copyright issues involved.

Definitely. Don't need any legal issues.

I don't bother with cable/satellite TV so even if they showed the game here (they might, it's a split among fans here between Browns and Steelers) I can't watch anyway, at least not from home. The radio streaming is pretty good a perfectly legal, just a a few seconds delayed from what people see on television. I kind of like the radio version of sports, anyway.

Thanks for sharing that Mud!

It would be nice if we can make the Philly D more like their 2015 regular season version:

32nd vrs the Rush

28th vrs the Pass

28th Scoring

30th Overall

Well...lets hope thats who shows up.....last years iggles(but NOT last years Browns)....

Im a firm believer in momentum and teams that get on a roll(positive or negative), tend to gain momentum in that direction.....

With all the youthful enthusiasm(dont ya love Nassibs fire?)....a big win would build some positive momentum....

Browns have a way of starting fast, then shitting the bed....SO, this year, lets start fast and then step on some necks.....

Well, "I woke up this morning & got myself a Beer" (with V8). Then it hit me "Not many wins on the schedule" but this game just became winnable for some "Young UTES". Ray Horton don't F this up. Cause your "End is always near".. Go Browns!! FINALLY----GAME DAY :).

Well...lets hope thats who shows up.....last years iggles(but NOT last years Browns)....

Im a firm believer in momentum and teams that get on a roll(positive or negative), tend to gain momentum in that direction.....

With all the youthful enthusiasm(dont ya love Nassibs fire?)....a big win would build some positive momentum....

Browns have a way of starting fast, then shitting the bed....SO, this year, lets start fast and then step on some necks.....

Well said! Wouldn't it be nice to have a season full of high 5s for once? It ain't like we've been getting spoiled rotten here.

As a kid, I used to watch "A Year without a Santa Claus" every year. As a Browns fan, I've never stopped watching it.

Definitely. Don't need any legal issues.

I kind of like the radio version of sports, anyway.

You woulda liked this guy in the 50's/60's. Kern Tips did the Humble Oil Radio Broadcasts in Texas, "And Pardee saddled him up and rode him on down to the 8 yard line."

Very Texian. :D

Eagles will regret losing Bradford after watching Wentz today against the Browns. He's the kind of QB that we can attack all day long. We should easily have 4 sacks, and with the way he telegraphs his throws, a few picks too.

I'm liking the Browns chances today and I think Crow will end up over 100yds. Excited for RG3 and hope Coleman can bust out in a huge way

Eagles will regret losing Bradford after watching Wentz today against the Browns. He's the kind of QB that we can attack all day long. We should easily have 4 sacks, and with the way he telegraphs his throws, a few picks too.

I'm liking the Browns chances today and I think Crow will end up over 100yds. Excited for RG3 and hope Coleman can bust out in a huge way

How about that? We got a Rooster betting on a Crow... I like it!

Woke up at 6am(on a Sunday) thinking it's time for football!!!.....the hook is set deep....

A few things Id REALLY like to see today...Besides winning the game, Id also like to win....

....the time of possession war....something we rarely do and something that is needed to keep our D fresh...

....the turnover war.....helps with above and a well timed int or fumble gets the juices flowing....

....fewer penalties.....really really need this.....the preseason penalty totals were embarrassing....

....sacks!.....lots and lots of sacks.....(against the Iggles, btw).....

....a 4+ avg in our running game.....grind out some yards(and clock, please).....

....Coleman making catches(and yards).....want to see what all the preseason hubub was about, but still in wait mode...

....solid special teams play....tackling, smart choices, blocking, more tackling, some run backs and no missed kicks....or shanks...

....RGIII making quick, concise throws.....and our guys catching em.....

....solid LB play....gonna be a LOT of short passes and runs today....can we stop the short game?

....Joe Haden.....just show us you can return to form....

Great post, Mud. Agreed with 100% of it.

? GO BROWNS ?

Archived