THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick Analysis and our 1st round draft grade: B+

OconRecon

Round 1, Pick 21 (21) (From Eagles) Alex Mack C 6'4" 311 California

Pick Analysis:After moving down multiple times in the first round, the Browns tab Mack as their pivot of the future. The former Golden Bear has outstanding overall skills and should man the middle of the Browns' line for years. Although the move doesn't have the sizzle of other potential choices, it fortifies the interior of the team's offense and should improve its dismal running game.

Round 2, Pick 4 (36) Brian Robiskie WR 6'3" 209 Ohio State

Pick Analysis:The most polished receiver in the draft falls to the Browns at No. 36. The former Buckeye is an exceptional route-runner with outstanding hands and ball skills. Though he isn't a classic deep threat, Robiskie is a big-play threat capable of being a productive No. 2 receiver in the Browns' offense.

Round 2, Pick 18 (50) (From Buccaneers) Mohamed Massaquoi WR 6'2" 210 Georgia

Pick Analysis:The Browns continue to fortify their receiving corps with the selection of Massaquoi. The former Bulldog is a big, physical receiver with the starting potential. Though he has a penchant for dropping passes, Massaquoi put together a solid senior season and is an intriguing possibility as a third or fourth receiver.

Round 2, Pick 20 (52) (From Jets) David Veikune DE 6'2" 257 Hawaii

Pick Analysis:The former Warrior will convert to OLB in the Browns' 3-4 scheme. As a high-motor edge rusher with exceptional first-step quickness, Veikune has the skills to pose a threat off the edge. With the team in need of a rusher opposite Kamerion Wimbley, the Browns are banking on Veikune to fill the need.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-t...-team-input:CLE

And here are our early grades:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11667443

B+

Selection No. 21:

Cleveland Browns select: Alex Mack, C, California

Analysis: This isn't sexy, but this is a good pick. He is a power player who can handle big people on his nose. The Browns did a lot -- some of it not so good -- to get here, but I like this pick.

A

Selection No. 36:

Cleveland Browns select: Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State

Analysis: The Browns need receiver help and this kid is a polished player. He does't have great speed, but he will be an immediate impact player. I love this pick.

B+

Selection No. 50:

Cleveland Browns select: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

Analysis: This is nice pick for the Browns. In watching Matt Stafford, I really came to like this kid more than I originally thought. A good pick by Cleveland here.

C

Selection No. 52: (Trade with New York Jets) Grade Video

Cleveland Browns select: David Veikune, DE, Hawaii

Analysis: He will move from defensive end to a 3-4 linebacker. He plays hard all the time. The Browns need help here, so this is a solid pick.

Round 1 draft grade = B+

Archived