THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

Well this is getting a little bit convoluted but I'd say it's still gambling no matter who I'm playing in poker. I suck at poker. I was great in Euchre in college but mostly with my old partner whom I haven't seen in decades. We didn't cheat nor did we renege just had a parallel style of play. Entered a big tournament and were eliminated in the first round.

I think I might have forgotten the point but I guess all I'm saying is that the odds are better but the consensus best player in the draft will be more successful then reaching down ten spots and drafting that lower value guyat number one.

WSS

What do you mean? I kicked your ass at Euchre. :P Or maybe not. You and Bob McHenry, right? I guess maybe you did all right.

My Kiwanis Club is going to be holding a Euchre tournament in March. You should sign up, and try to dig up Bob to play with you. (though, actually, in this tournament we are always changing partners). I'll be your partner some.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for the fact I am on record here pre-draft on my examples. And research those you raise...

Hence why there needs to be a stickied reference thread for the players people settled on and outright advocated for or against.

I know I screenshotted D Bones comment when he called Bosa "average". I still get a kick out of that.

What do you mean? I kicked your ass at Euchre. :P Or maybe not. You and Bob McHenry, right? I guess maybe you did all right.

My Kiwanis Club is going to be holding a Euchre tournament in March. You should sign up, and try to dig up Bob to play with you. (though, actually, in this tournament we are always changing partners). I'll be your partner some.

No, it was Dick Reigned Wadsworth.

WSS

I think I might have forgotten the point but I guess all I'm saying is that the odds are better but the consensus best player in the draft will be more successful then reaching down ten spots and drafting that lower value guyat number one.

Preach the gospel truth Steve!

Hence why there needs to be a stickied reference thread for the players people settled on and outright advocated for or against.

I know I screenshotted D Bones comment when he called Bosa "average". I still get a kick out of that.

I believe I said he'd be good but not Watt good. I'm prepared to eat crow there. I've made my fair share of dumb predictions.

I thought Bortles was good. I still think he can be, but I recognize the probability of him being bad far outweighs it. I thought Carr would be trash, I was far off there. I had faith in EJ Manuel. I also believed in some late round guys becoming eventual starters - Tom Savage, Rakeem Cato and Zac Dysert come to mind. I guess Savage did technically fulfill my prophecy.

At the same time I preferred Wentz over Goff, believed Mariota and Winston would become franchise guys, thought TR was trash, thought Osweiler was trash, thought JM was trash, knew Wilson would be worth the pick, knew Zeke and Gurley would be amazing, knew Ponder would suck eggs and grew to hate Cook as the draft neared closer.

I'll put myself at a hopeful 50% but a realistic 33%.

The kid from Syracuse will be the next Joe Montana.

On the 2017 draft. I finally have figured out the Browns draft logic. Think about it. The Browns traded down when they gave up Modell for Lerner. They just got into the habit of trading down to get shit.

6-3 207 2016 stats 64.8% comp. with 15 TD 7 INT 2678 yds 138.2 Rat. 4-8 w/l record What do you see that tells you he is Montana other than having better college stats (excluding Monana's 9-3 1978 w/l record) this past year and about the same size? Now granted when Syracuse HC Dino Babers was OC @ A&M I used to joke that he carried his playbook in a matchbook cover. He was relieved of those duties mid-season by Slocum. He got better learning from Art Briles @ Baylor.

6-3 207 2016 stats 64.8% comp. with 15 TD 7 INT 2678 yds 138.2 Rat. 4-8 w/l record What do you see that tells you he is Montana other than having better college stats (excluding Monana's 9-3 1978 w/l record) this past year and about the same size? Now granted when Syracuse HC Dino Babers was OC @ A&M I used to joke that he carried his playbook in a matchbook cover. He was relieved of those duties mid-season by Slocum. He got better learning from Art Briles @ Baylor.

Your mistake is attempting to have a semi intelligent dialogue with a 60 year old Internet troll.

The kid from Syracuse will be the next Joe Montana.

On the 2017 draft. I finally have figured out the Browns draft logic. Think about it. The Browns traded down when they gave up Modell for Lerner. They just got into the habit of trading down to get shit.

I wish the league would have forced Modell to sell the team to Al Lerner.

WSS

Well this is getting a little bit convoluted but I'd say it's still gambling no matter who I'm playing in poker. I suck at poker. I was great in Euchre in college but mostly with my old partner whom I haven't seen in decades. We didn't cheat nor did we renege just had a parallel style of play. Entered a big tournament and were eliminated in the first round.

The point was that you'd be gambling... the WSOP Champ would not be. How that pertained to anything is now a relic of the past.

So I guess that us two of us that are lost... lol... Cheers...

The point was that you'd be gambling... the WSOP Champ would not be. How that pertained to anything is now a relic of the past.

So I guess that us two of us that are lost... lol... Cheers...

;)

Even though I'm a shitty poker player and even though the champ would have a better chance the cards still have to be dealt.

So when are you coming up for a beer?

WSS

Beer? Now I want poker as well...

Hard to say when, Steve... not seeing a visit for a Browns game this season.

And barring some major construction activity I've not yet heard of, I don't see a mid-west "Coaster Tour" this summer.

If I do attend the Draft in Philly, still pending, then I might slide in for a couple days just to stay in touch with the area.

The D comes first draft ...

Your score is: 11335 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State (A)
Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Jabrill Peppers, SS/SS, Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (NYJ): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 5 Pick 32: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2019 Round 1 Pick

Your score is: 10562 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State (A)

Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)

Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

Round 1 Pick 29 (G.B.): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State ( B)

Round 2 Pick 22 (MIA): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (A+)

Round 2 Pick 26 (SEA): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A-)

Round 3 Pick 1: Desmond King, FS, Iowa (A+)

Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A+)

Round 4 Pick 4 (CHI): Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (B+)

Round 4 Pick 23 (OAK): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 4 Pick 28 (G.B.): Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B-)

Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A+)

Round 7 Pick 3 (CHI): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run...

Again? Give it a freeking rest PG.

Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run.

Please don't. You are boring us to tears.

How about actually talking about some of the players you would like to draft.

Again? Give it a freeking rest PG.

Back at it! I drafted this just a couple minutes ago. Gotta watch a movie with the family then maybe I'll try again! But this was a good run.

Please don't. You are boring us to tears.

How about actually talking about some of the players you would like to draft.

4 first round draft picks? Jesus H. Christ...you're becoming as boring as Ghoolie with this nonsense.

Archived