THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lattimore declaring now gives some shake up to DBs in the late 1st to mid 2nd round range.

More talent pushed down to #33... works for me.

Come to us draft... come to us...

Where does he project to go, and should the Browns be interested? (of course, silly question....of course the Browns should be interested in any talented DB coming out)

1st round talent that shook the injury bug but only started one season.

He could go mid 1st to mid 2nd.

If he's there mid 2nd I take him without question. I might be willing to sacrifice taking Kizer for Marshon should they drop.

This is from Walter Football.

The question is, would the Browns take Garrett over Trubisky when they're desperate for a franchise quarterback? Well, there is precedent for this, as the Texans picked Jadeveon Clowney when they really needed a signal-caller in the 2014 NFL Draft. Houston simply had Clowney way above all the quarterbacks, and that could be the case with Cleveland and Garrett.
---------------
...but Houston is still looking for it's "signal-caller". They're quite hard to get.
Perhaps Clowney will beat the Patriots this weekend.

...but Houston is still looking for it's "signal-caller". They're quite hard to get.

I'll bet the Texans are experiencing buyers remorse after giving Osweiler that fat $72 million contract.

I'll bet the Texans are experiencing buyers remorse after giving Osweiler that fat $72 million contract.

They're doing what we've been doing. Looking through the trash (other team's backups) to get a QB.

And Houston tried like hell to trade the #1 overall... and had no takers. What does that tell you about that QB class?

And Houston tried like hell to trade the #1 overall... and had no takers. What does that tell you about that QB class?

That you had Bortles Bridgewater and Manziel and Carr..

If the Browns had taken Carr as many suggested we wouldn't be in this QB pickle.

Derek Carr at the top of the 2nd round was a bargain for Oakland.

YESssss INDEEDY DOOTY! If we had not traded up to get JFF and stayed put and let the draft come to us! Carr could have been our QB and we could all have a two horse race.....Garrett or Allen!!! Just My Humble Opinion.......GO BROWNS!!!

YESssss INDEEDY DOOTY! If we had not traded up to get JFF and stayed put and let the draft come to us! Carr could have been our QB and we could all have a two horse race.....Garrett or Allen!!! Just My Humble Opinion.......GO BROWNS!!!

and....JFF woulda been there too......nobody was gonna draft that idiot and we traded UP to do it.......still smfh

One of my best football buddies lives in LA. He's a diehard Raiders fan just like many Browns fans. He's been waiting for years to be a good team. We've had many a late night battles on Madden with the two shittiest teams on the game... yet, it's all about how you use the talent in the end I might add. I was happy for him that they finally got a good QB in Carr and we laughed about him getting Mack and Carr and us getting Gilbert and Manziel.... ugh, but I digress, it sucks that now after all the turmoil the Raiders look to be headed to Las Vegas just when they've turned the corner... :( God forbid that happen to us.

Hopefully we wouldn't be drafting #1 overall this year if we had drafted Carr.

Or, we could have had Carr and Bosa perhaps.

And, here is a thing about analytics......is it just possible that our FO "OVERANALYZES" things?

I mean, the straight gut instinct in me would have said: "get the bigger, bigger armed QB in Carr, not the media darling pipsqueak to bring attention to ourselves."

Or: "take the monster defensive lineman/pass rusher at #2", don't trade down for an undersized WR and future picks, where we may still be wanting to get that edge rusher".

Sometimes they outthink themselves.

Fair to say?

One of my best football buddies lives in LA. He's a diehard Raiders fan just like many Browns fans. He's been waiting for years to be a good team. We've had many a late night battles on Madden with the two shittiest teams on the game... yet, it's all about how you use the talent in the end I might add. I was happy for him that they finally got a good QB in Carr and we laughed about him getting Mack and Carr and us getting Gilbert and Manziel.... ugh, but I digress, it sucks that now after all the turmoil the Raiders look to be headed to Las Vegas just when they've turned the corner... :( God forbid that happen to us.

Yep, and that year, the gut feeling would have said take Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins., don't trade down for a DB.

But the point is the good pass rusher is not throwing any TD passes for them.

Is the good QB that can throw TD passes without throwing as many INT's available to us at #1?

Perhaps not.

But our evaluaters had better make pretty darned sure of that because the good QB is quite a bit more valuable to a football team than the good pass rusher. (both are VERY important...but the QB's value to a football team is off the charts).

I will say one thing. If we do in fact take a QB #1 overall, I will laugh myself silly when we play the teams that did take Allen or Garrett when they strip sack our hapless rookie. Better than crying as I say, "Stupid fucking Browns!"

Or, we could have had Carr and Bosa perhaps.

And, here is a thing about analytics......is it just possible that our FO "OVERANALYZES" things?

I mean, the straight gut instinct in me would have said: "get the bigger, bigger armed QB in Carr, not the media darling pipsqueak to bring attention to ourselves."

Or: "take the monster defensive lineman/pass rusher at #2", don't trade down for an undersized WR and future picks, where we may still be wanting to get that edge rusher".

Sometimes they outthink themselves.

Fair to say?

It wasn't that he was a pipsqueak qb- also with a drinking problem (as we later found out) it was the attention factor. Protestations to the contrary- (and we'll never know for sure) that's what Jimmy wanted & got when he made the pick. I hope he's learned his lesson.

It wasn't that he was a pipsqueak qb- also with a drinking problem (as we later found out) it was the attention factor. Protestations to the contrary- (and we'll never know for sure) that's what Jimmy wanted & got when he made the pick. I hope he's learned his lesson.

Unfortunately the lesson he may have learned is not to take a Gamble on a quarterback.

WSS

Gave up next years one to get both D disruptors

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 3 (CHI): Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Davis Webb, QB, California (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

Gave up next years one to get both D disruptors

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 3 (CHI): Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A)

Round 2 Pick 20: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)

Round 4 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (A-)

Round 5 Pick 32: Davis Webb, QB, California (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

Like that.

Hey, Po! You were the Director of Camp Carr. Do you remember it being crowded with "many" fellow campers, or is someone here just blowing hot air again?

I will say one thing. If we do in fact take a QB #1 overall, I will laugh myself silly when we play the teams that did take Allen or Garrett when they strip sack our hapless rookie. Better than crying as I say, "Stupid fucking Browns!"

Z is going to break out the whoopass again... get ready...

Unfortunately the lesson he may have learned is not to take a Gamble on a quarterback.

You can't "gamble" with a first rounder... ever.

You can't "gamble" with a first rounder... ever.

We can't blame the sins of past FOs on this one, but we've done plenty of that. Manziel was said to have the highest ceiling, and the lowest floor. Found out FLOOR. Taking a qb that was near social security age and a baseball retread (Wee-Done) wasn't a gamble? They were awed when he busted those clay pigeons on Sports Science.

Makes Mitch look like a relatively safe pick. :)

We can't blame the sins of past FOs on this one, but we've done plenty of that. Manziel was said to have the highest ceiling, and the lowest floor. Found out FLOOR. Taking a qb that was near social security age and a baseball retread (Wee-Done) wasn't a gamble? They were awed when he busted those clay pigeons on Sports Science.

Makes Mitch look like a relatively safe pick. :)

I maintain he could have been great. Unfortunately mental problems kept him from it.

WSS

I maintain he could have been great. Unfortunately mental problems kept him from it.

WSS

I agree Steve. We just didn't know the cave-in had already started under the pressure of having won the Heisman so young. Wasn't mature enough to handle what came from that point on.

Garrett on the other hand learned early to have a real calm life without drugs/alcohol after his older brother lost an NBA career over those issues.

Archived