THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

The only one I know of (Ive never seen him play) is that I've heard hes quite cocky. Which Manziel was as well..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosen looked good last week under tremendous pressure. I believe he's the first QB to throw for 300 yards against A&M since 2014, and there likely won't be another one this year. Id be interested to hear how he compared to Manziel as I don't see it at all.

He brought a hot tub into his dorm room his freshman year and apparently he's quite the asshole.

Guys who grow up thinking the rules don't apply to them very rarely become franchise QB's. But, by all means, if you guys wanna go that route again...

Who are the top 5 pro style QB's coming out this year? Pure passers no more duel threats been doing that for 4 years now lets get back to real pro football for a change

Yeah that Jameis Winston/Cam Newton/Aaron Rodgers/ Marcus Mariota sure is a bad QB. Don't need none of that here in Cleveland.

I've only seen Kaaya a few times and he never jumped off the page. Rudolph is off limits because I need him back in Stillwater next year. Rosen is still a year away I believe so he shouldn't even be in the discussion. I like Watson but I'm still hesitant to go all in. Keizer is the hot name in week 2 so take that for what it is. If I had to pick a guy, week 2, I'd have to go with Kelly personally.

Then again, I'm not an expert and am only going off of what I've seen the so far this year and last. Needless to say, I don't see a Luck or Winston in this draft. Not to say any of those guys can't turn out, I just don't see a sure bet, on the field, at least.

I yawn over Deshaun.

It would be wiser to pick Kizer.

But if it was me, I'd take action to pick Jackson.....in 2018.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2662059-2017-nfl-draft-draft-radar-heading-into-nfl-week-2/page/4

Yep, i could see them waiting until 2018 BUT if wentz coniues to look good sushi and deport's balls will be in a vise and jimmah might start demanding shit again.

Plus it'd be nice to get the rookie acclamated to a system before being thrown behind a busted oline.

He brought a hot tub into his dorm room his freshman year and apparently he's quite the asshole.

Guys who grow up thinking the rules don't apply to them very rarely become franchise QB's. But, by all means, if you guys wanna go that route again...

Thought you meant his play on the field.

Also, we don't know what some of the old fart QBs in the league were like in college. There was no Twitter, Instagram, and generally a lower number of attention whore groupies. The three best QBs in the league are dating/married to famous people or have been accused of rape. Jameis was also accused of rape, and theft. Carr is a partier. Cam got kicked off a college team.

Guy who is a bit of an asshole is ok by me. Have to be more than a bit cocky to play QB in the NFL. But I do agree with the 2nd part. I don't want a guy who doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Winston is a pocket passer,rodgers is a pocket passer. Mariota is still pretty new and cam is what 6'6" 260? You go find me the mobile qb thats that size and maybe i'll make an exception lol

Watson and Kizer are both "pocket passers" in the same mold, then.

Just because you can run doesn't mean you're a dual threat QB.

Kizer is around 6'5" 235. He's a Ben/Bortles/Wentz who stays in the pocket and takes a beating, but has the ability to extend plays with his feet if need be.

Thought you meant his play on the field.

Also, we don't know what some of the old fart QBs in the league were like in college. There was no Twitter, Instagram, and generally a lower number of attention whore groupies. The three best QBs in the league are dating/married to famous people or have been accused of rape. Jameis was also accused of rape, and theft. Carr is a partier. Cam got kicked off a college team.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes and every big time QB grows up with some sort of preferential treatment that adversely affects their judgment.

The only difference is that Cam, Jameis, Ben, etc. got in trouble, then kept a low profile outside of football and that was the end of it. Manziel did the opposite. Rosen seems like more of the latter than the former.

Kizer is around 6'5" 235. He's a Ben/Bortles/Wentz who stays in the pocket and takes a beating, but has the ability to extend plays with his feet if need be.

they are both listed as a top duel threat QB in college right now... using your same logic just because you can throw doesn't mean your a pocket passer

Who are the top 5 pro style QB's coming out this year? Pure passers no more duel threats been doing that for 4 years now lets get back to real pro football for a change

For pass rusher, isn't Myles Garrett from A&M supposed to be the shit? And pure passers? Not sure there is such a thing in college these days.

For pass rusher, isn't Myles Garrett from A&M supposed to be the shit? And pure passers? Not sure there is such a thing in college these days.

Garrett is indeed supposed to be this shit.

And no, pure passers probably not going to come around so frequently at the top. Duel threat guys that can take advantage of space created by spread offenses will get the gaudy numbers while the Mannings and Bradys sit on the sidelines. Doesn't mean they don't exist, just means that they'll need a lot of coaching in the big leagues before they can play.

Do we want another Notre Dame QB? The last one we drafted was a disaster. (but then, Joe Montana went to ND)

they are both listed as a top duel threat QB in college right now... using your same logic just because you can throw doesn't mean your a pocket passer

And Russell Wilson was listed as a 3rd round pick. What does it matter what they are listed as? Are you not watching them play?

It just depends on where you choose to throw from and how you choose to utilize your talent. Personally, I'd say a guy who threw for 5 TD's in his first game isn't really considered a run-first kind of guy. Nor would I say a guy who currently is completing over 70% of his passes and has an 11 YPA is really a dink-and-dunk non-pocket passer.

Or maybe just take a read from the Zierlien's writeup on NFL.com, where his pro comparison is Steve McNair.

What really stands out to me is the mental makeup and toughness of Kizer in comparison to McNair. McNair was extremely difficult to rattle and Kizer appears to operate with that same confidence and calm. While McNair could beat teams with his legs, he looked to win from the pocket and I believe Kizer has that same trait.

As for Watson, he is more of a dual-threat guy, but he clearly possesses the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver throws to any part of the field. He stares down his receivers a little more, but I'd venture a guess that Watson/Kizer probably have pocket attempt percentages closer to that of Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson than they do of RG3 or Johnny Manziel.

Is Jameis Winston a running QB? What about Andrew Luck? Those guys can run, but they choose to operate from the pocket. Tuning out a guy solely because he can run is a pretty narrow minded view. But if you want to waste a pick on Brad Kaaya because some list somewhere has him as the top rated pocket passer, by all means.

Archived