THE BROWNS BOARD

GOT Geneology

SPOILER ALERTS. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 6 OF GAME OF THRONES AND DO NOT WANT IT SPOILED, DO NOT READ FURTHER.

OK, so, on rare occasion I have to do this thing in my practice...conduct an heir search, so I just thought I would look at the geneology associated with the occurrences in the GOT world....as a bit of a lark. (but a lark pertinent to the program) At the end of this past season of Game of Thrones, Cersei kills all of her perceived enemies in one big blast of wildfire....but in doing so, she causes her son to become so distraught that he kills himself......leaving the Iron Throne empty. How is that throne filled? She just names herself Queen and takes the Throne. In essence, she becomes a usurper. Because with the death of Tommen.....it should be the next Baratheon blood relative that should by right of primogeniture take the throne. Well, here is a breakdown of things (and fyi....this ignores the fact that all the children of Cersei are bastards and were not really eligible for the throne in the first place):

Tommen dies, no children

Joffrey dead, no children

Myrcella dead, no children

With no lineal descendants (and no illegitimate children of Robert Baratheon legally eligible for the crown....though as far as we know, Gendry still lives) where do we look?

Now instead of going down the tree, you must go back up to find other branches. And what do we have:

Tommen got the throne as the (supposed) son of Robert Baratheon. Since now Robert has no legit heirs...we look at his family. These persons would have been in line for the throne:

Stannis Baratheon, now dead

....Sherene Baratheon, now dead, killed by her father and mother and the red woman

....no other heirs

Renly Baratheon, deceased, no heirs

Where does that put us? We have to go back up the Bartheon Line.

Robert's Father Steffon Baratheon. Had no brothers/sisters....and his line is now distinguished.

Robert's Grandfather, Ormund Baratheon.....Married Raelle Targaryeon.

...and it is there that we must look....back to the Targaryeon line.

Raelle Targareon was the sister of Jaehaerys Targaryeon.....who was the father of Aerys Targaryeon II....aka...The Mad King....who was usurped by Robert Baratheon. The Mad King of course is dead....and so are all his children Rheagar....whose legitimate children are all dead (at least in the TV show...perhaps not in the books...and Jon Snow being illegitimate). Daeron, Aegon, Jaehaerys....all killed in Robert's war. Visaerys....who died later. The Mad King's only legitimate heir is: Daenarys.

So, whose Throne has Cersei stolen: Daenarys.

So....in theory....not only may Daenarys be entitled to the Iron Throne because she is the one living heir of Aerys II....the rightful though Mad King who was deposed. She is also, now with all the deaths described above, the rightful heir to the throne because she is the closet legitimate blood heir of Tommen Baratheon.(again, ignoring his actual bastardy).

And, as I suspect as we shall see, unless GOT throws us a real shitstorm.....she will retake the Iron Throne through conquest.

I don't think there is a rightful ruler at this point. The targaryan dynasty was overthrown you don't just put them back. It's up for grabs to whoever can seize it. I tend to think jon snow will end up on it.

Well, did you read what I said: Danaerys is entitled to it by perhaps two different methods.....and her third method is that she is coming with her hordes of Dothraki....and her dragons.....and she will take it back.

(and, I assume that we and both of them will learn that Jon Snow is her nephew. He will end up the Warden of the North, likely).

Here is another irony that may occur that has not been thought of before. Based on the look that he gave his sister, based on the fact that she is responsible for the death of their only surviving child, it is entirely possible that by the end of things, Jamie Lannister will acquire another title:

Queenslayer

Well, did you read what I said: Danaerys is entitled to it by perhaps two different methods.....and her third method is that she is coming with her hordes of Dothraki....and her dragons.....and she will take it back.

(and, I assume that we and both of them will learn that Jon Snow is her nephew. He will end up the Warden of the North, likely).

Or he marries her because targaryans love incest and ends up king anyway

Or he marries her because targaryans love incest and ends up king anyway

Not sure how they do it in Westeros. Usually you only have one person who reigns.

Example, take England. Queen Elizabeth is the Queen and she reigns. Her husband, who is designated as a Prince only does not.

But, if you have a King, his wife is a Queen...but only a Queen Consort, not a Queen Regnant. If Diana had lived she would have been Queen Consort. Elizabeth is Queen Regnant. (Camilla Bowles could become Queen Consort....if Charles decided that is what he wants.....but she could also just remain the Princess of Wales)

Even with the incest you propose, Jon would not be King. Prince, Duke, Earl, But not King.....unless he is able to retain his title of King in the North.....but not King of the 7 Kingdoms.

Or how about this. Since, if you recall, Dany told Daario Naharis that he must stay behind in Mereen because she did not want a distraction of him while she conquered Westeros, she also mentioned that she would probably have to marry for political reasons.

And who is the most eligible bachelor in Westoros? Recently removed from his position that required him to never take vows. Now with his father and uncle deceased the patriarch of the richest family in Westeros:

Jamie Lannister.

Archived