THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our Cleveland Browns have one more chance to win a preseason game when they host the visiting Chicago Bears in both teams preseason finale. Browns are playing the Bears in their 32nd all-time preseason meeting, and leads the preseason series games to 12.

Cleveland also leads Chicago 9 games to 7 after 16 regular season games, Browns last winning 20-10 at FirstEnergy Stadium back in 2005.

Browns Head Coach Hue Jackson reportedly will let the first string veteran starter play tonight, but like will send the reserve players and free agents to enter the playing the field, and showcase their talents to make to final regular season roster.

Mike Patrick and Solomon Wilcots are announcing the live TV game commentary on WEWS ABC Channel 5 in Cleveland, and the Browns Preseason Television Network.

Sunny and partly cloudy skies at 73 degrees is the game forecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium for the 8:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 58% humidity, and northern winds at 15 miles per hour.

NO injuries, win your first game in 2016, and good to all the Browns players making the final 53 for the upcoming regular season, and GO BROWNS!!!!! ;);):)

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replay on NFL Network ch. 212 direct tv on Sat. @ 100pm est/1200pm cst.

Perfect time for large chunks to be interrupted by breaking news about Steeler suspension reductions and other league critical news...

Hue's decision to play the starters makes a ton of sense, but it's also very risky. Our team is relatively healthy, and that's something I very much like. Problem is, it's become extremely obvious that our team needs ALL the practice it can get. It also appears that we get to see Josh Gordon one more time before losing him for the next 4 games. This is also risky. I think Josh showed us enough last week to warrant shelving him until week 5. We don't have many proven weapons on offense, and I want Josh HEALTHY for when we get him back. I'm probably just paranoid, but injuries scare me to death.

The other risk is also obvious. The Bears indicated that they aren't playing their starters, and we obviously are. It's a "lose-lose" situation. If our starters look good, people will say, "Well, they SHOULD look good against scrubs!" If we look bad again, then...well...get ready for some REALLY bad press.

I understand the decision, and I probably agree with it. Well, everything but playing Josh Gordon. I just don't think that guy needs to prove anything on the football field. Prove things OFF the field? Yes, he has mountains to prove there, but I don't need to see any more of Josh on the gridiron. I don't think we'll see MUCH of our starters this game, especially on offense. If our guys go down and score a TD on our first possession, that might be enough. We won't go past the first quarter either way (I hope).

You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

My Dish network channel 5 ABC channel guide says from 8-10 is Battle Bots!!! And from 10-11 is Match Game!!! Hmmm ?? is this a new strategy,I'm not aware of!???✌

well, I guarantee a victory - Thanks to Canton Mike - my Wonderfut Cute Wife and I are

going to the game !

I'll see to it, just to get some outrageous positive talk going on this board !

How do you go 10 years without playing someone in your league? That's ridiculous.

Yea, somehow that may not be right. After all, there is an every four year round robin on playing the divisions in the other conference.

Yea, OK, so, in checking......he is wrong. Browns played Bears in 2009, lost 30-6. And again in 2013. Lost 38-31

And they are actually 9-6 against the Bears head to head. The last Browns win was that 2005 20-10 game.

(maybe that is what he meant....not last game played....last win)

You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

Yup- probably why Vegas has the Browns favored by 5. Agreed to have Gordon out there- at least for one (maybe two) series. Considering how bad we've looked in the first three games, a confidence boost is in order. Maybe a fan boost. I predict the stands are going to be pretty empty tonight.

Had this same thought all day. If JT don't play I think it will be Josh due to protection issues already..RG3 has shown if he is protected he has options. Don't even think Hue wants to show the underneath game yet. Josh as we know needs time with the ones cause RG3 may just have that dumb ineffective game in him & there is no better time to showcase Josh than Now..As for Gordo, hell yea he plays, he's got 6 weeks to recover from getting suspended 4 more games just for Roger can think he can hang out with team. Another suspension was just a Roger pacifier, if you ask me..Roger & Refs just hate Orange & Brown..

On my commute home this afternoon, I stopped in Brook Park for some gas.

Who did I see at the ice cream stand? None other than Justin Gilbert in his Ferarri.

Last time I saw him outside of the stadium was when he put his Dodge Charger in the ditch.

His contract must've enabled him to get a more expensive car...I hope he gave up the tobacco.

Cuts at DB, WR & RB just got tuff..OUT TONIGHT---- CB-T.Caldwell,J.Gilbert,T.Howard----WR-Ricardo Lewis, Marlon Moore(hip)? & RB-Raheem Mostert out Tonight

In the FYI department. .....

BROWNS -6 favorite opened -3 favorite, o/u 37. Yes they have lines in preseason, the BROWNS are 0-3 ATS so far. ;)

vegasinsider.com

Archived