THE BROWNS BOARD

BE for RB?

WPB Dawg Fan

So...the latest rumor out of Miami is that the Browns were in talks with the Dolphins about acquiring Ronnie Brown in exchange for Braylon Edwards:

Cleveland nixed deal for Ronnie Brown

According to Michael Lombardi (National Football Post), the Browns apparently had an offer on the table that would have sent Miami Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown to Cleveland in exchange for WR Braylon Edwards, but the Browns front office ‘backed away’ from the deal to reconsider.

Cleveland is in need of a starting running back to replace aging veteran Jamal Lewis, and despite having already traded away TE Kellen Winslow this off-season, they seem to be intent on moving Edwards sooner rather than later. Adding a RB of Brown’s caliber would do wonders for their offense and would take a fair amount of pressure away from whoever Eric Mangini decides to start at QB this season.

Miami, on the other hand, could definitely use another standout receiver to pair with the lightning fast Ted Ginn, Jr. and Edwards would most certainly provide them with that, although the loss of Brown from their backfield would be tough to bear. We’ll see if anything comes of this as we get closer to the draft, but for now it seems that the deal is dead in the water.

On the surface this looks pretty good...BUT

Ronnie Brown is 27

he has NEVER played an entire season

does not posses breakaway speed

if we were to do this, I think the Dolphins would need to sweeten the pot a bit.

Ronnie Brown is a total stud, injuries aside.

He doesn't seem like Mancock's type of guy those based on the past ACL issue but he would be all the way back this year.

Dude is a phenomenal back, totally a guy you could build around and a great relief valve in the passing game that's conducive to the WCO type of sheme.

This RB class coming out is deep.

Although I like Brown (when healthy) this would be a dumb move.

Next years class is the one I want to choose from.

There are 10 that I like in next years class.

Keep an eye on Caleb King from GA. Blazing fast at 5'11" and 210 lbs.

I'll pass, Brown has been a decent back, but he's hardly set the world on fire.

If I'm trading for a RB I want one that will take over a game and give me at least 15 TD's in a season. (rushing and receiving)

you think beanie, moreno, or greene has the potential to do that? if brown stays healthy, he could very well be that dominant back he was expected to be.

24 hours left until we all are in pain and agony again. Tomorrow is my 1 month anniversary on here so great things are going to appen for us. I love this shit, its like Christmas when I was younger.

Archived