THE BROWNS BOARD

Lions QB Situation

WPB Dawg Fan

Stafford or.....DA?

Yup, that is what is being rumored. Turns out that the Lions are a lot less worried about completion percentage than the ability to go down field. They feel that the only way they can utilize their current WR corp and open up the LOS for their running game is to have a big armed QB who can stretch the field.

Here is a blurb from the PD and Toni Grossi:

The Detroit Lions' negotiations with their prospective No. 1 pick, Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford, bears watching. The Lions want a deal in place before naming their top pick and supposedly have a deal, or are close to getting one, with Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry as leverage.

If the Stafford talks collapse and Curry becomes Detroit's pick, the Lions very well could re-enter the market for a veteran quarterback. And they know that Derek Anderson's big arm fits their planned new offense to a "T."

The Browns would take about a $9 million hit on their salary cap if Anderson were traded, but they have the room to absorb it.

Besides the No. 1 overall pick, the Lions own picks at No. 20 and No. 33.

So...do we hope that Curry goes #1???

Assuming that is the way things go (DA gets traded to Detroit cos they need a starting QB and we get another first round pick) -> should we use the No 5 pick of Sanchez ?

Why? That would just create another QB controversy. If we get rid of one of the QB's I would actually look to draft Pat White if he makes it to the 3rd or so.

any Lions fans that have visited this forum would be pissed, knowing that they would be getting the drive killer, and that they would be getting Lumberg on their fan boards.

I think if we were offered their 2nd for DA Mangini would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I think if we were offered their 2nd for DA Mangini would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I agree that the #33 pick would be great.

The Lions could get an OT with #20, Curry with #1, and their QB with #33...and there is no way the can get a starting QB for THIS YEAR with the #33 pick...in fact they may not be able to even get the #3 QB in this draft with that pick.

I posted a few weeks ago, what about trading DA for Detroits #1 or #2 in NEXT years draft?? Detroit might be willing to do that. They can go Curry, then OT or DE at 20 and at 33 OT, or Josh Freeman (if available). If Freeman isn't, then take BPA and make the trade for DA.

I posted a few weeks ago, what about trading DA for Detroits #1 or #2 in NEXT years draft?? Detroit might be willing to do that. They can go Curry, then OT or DE at 20 and at 33 OT, or Josh Freeman (if available). If Freeman isn't, then take BPA and make the trade for DA.

I think DA would do well in Detroit - with CJ there to go up and get balls that he just chucks downfield, it's a dream scenario for DA. No need to be accurate at all - just drop back and sling as hard as you can downfield. I don't think he can outhrow CJ.

Think Culpepper and Moss.

I see you're getting desperate WPB, and it's coming down to the wire.

And although the off the cuff remarks from Tony Grossi may describe your fantasy scenario, they don't have any validity.

Just remember, the only way Quinn is on the team in September is if Anderson is gone. Cross your fingers BQ lover.

Ive said all along DA would really excell in detroits system and detroit is stupid if they pass him up he is far more ready then stafford to take the reins on a wide open offense while the rookie is learning..

Detroit has Ballistic missles for WRs and all they need is a delivery system and DA fits like a glove..

The lions are like a team pre-built around DA and god help the teams that have to face that club with DA at the helm us included..

Ive said all along DA would really excell in detroits system and detroit is stupid if they pass him up he is far more ready then stafford to take the reins on a wide open offense while the rookie is learning..

Detroit has Ballistic missles for WRs and all they need is a delivery system and DA fits like a glove..

Yeah that's true.

The problem for BQ fans though, is that DA also fits in Cleveland.

Very true. If DA had kept up his early-2007 pace or looked anything close to it, we wouldn't even be talking about Quinn now, as he'd be elsewhere. But since he did not, we are.

Yeah that's true.

He would if we kept Edwards and drafted Crabtree at #5. If we go D at #5 and trade BE...we will need a short game/ball control QB...and that is NOT DA.

Just sayin...

Archived