THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Mishandling of Sensitive Items

Mr. T

Another Mishandling of Sensitive Items

April 23, 2009

I had to laugh after reading this article. The assertion that the Army is improperly handling sensitive items is absurd. First let me tell you a brief synopsis on this article. 3 vial of a dangerous virus are missing. The person who was in charge of these vials retired in 2004. Apparently some one decided to inventory these dangerous vials 5 years later and discovered ...hey we are missing 3. Give me a flipin break! Your telling me that these sensitive items have been unaccounted for since 2004! When I was in the Army extreme care was used with all sensitive items (weapons, night vision googles etc.).

I was attached to an Infantry Battalion during my first duty station we went to the field for some exercises and some guy lost his 9mm (hand gun). It fell from a helicopter. Don't you know we could not even go home for 3 days to find this stinkin 9mm. The guys who had families were on lock down forced to live in the barracks with the single guys until we could find or should I say finally gave up trying. My point is this, I don't buy this being a typical accident or over sight. My 10 plus years in the Army tells me otherwise. I had the same reaction in 2007 when the nuclear war heads were unaccounted for. The article mentioned the viruses could cause flu like symptoms. With all the hype of the bird flu going on I wonder if there is any connection?

Here is the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/22/missing.v...mple/index.html

Archived